Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    I think the colour'd user-names look like utter $#@! and make the forum look like it was made by an amateur 10 year old to discuss hacking/torrentzzzz.

That's just me though.
    Ironically I agree.
    I bought one as I was bored and there was actually something to spend sp on. But I wouldn't miss it one bit if it was taken away.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    I think the colour'd user-names look like utter $#@! and make the forum look like it was made by an amateur 10 year old to discuss hacking/torrentzzzz.

That's just me though.
    this please. i bought it to see exactly what you can change and i hate it

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I might be alone in saying this, but can we remove white from the option of colors to use? It makes usernames/usertitles difficult to read with the current forum layout. The text effects aren't really a big deal for me.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-06-2011 at 18:43.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Ironically I agree.
    I bought one as I was bored and there was actually something to spend sp on. But I wouldn't miss it one bit if it was taken away.
    yeah i bought one. lasted about a day before i just deactivated it.

also the sub name colour and font thread that i think cuguy is on about was soo long because we were trying to find aesthetically pleasing and viable alternatives to what was on offer. most was discussion about how any change should or could be implemented.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    No but they know what value they hope it will add to their customers. A company thinks what does customers hire our product to do - and will adding X add value to that? Successful accompanies do not throw things out and hope value will present itself because it seldom do.
    The value is attaining the ability to customize your username, is it not? Unless you're saying we need proof that this idea has worked with other forums before? But if nothing like this has been used before, then we can't really know. However, the theory is sound. More customization options should be a legit incentive.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The value is attaining the ability to customize your username, is it not? Unless you're saying we need proof that this idea has worked with other forums before? But if nothing like this has been used before, then we can't really know. However, the theory is sound. More customization options should be a legit incentive.
    That's the value but is there any benefit to that? Will more post be made because of that feature or more people sign up? Or will it just serve to confuse? You said the hope is that new members will look and consider it cool, but what if they don't? My point being does this plugin serve any greater purpose that adds value to the entire user base I.e should it have been a priority that's also forced. Could it not have been implemented two-years from now with the option to turn it off for those who don't like it. Is the value big enough to warrant its being at this time.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    What you really need to improve are the following things:
    Better avatar quality and higher resolution support.
    Improved performance.
    Bring back user title to the shop.
    Get rid of the extremely ugly items box.
    New interface.

All the new features you added are pretty useless, at least for me.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    What you really need to improve are the following things:
    Better avatar quality and higher resolution support.
    Improved performance.
    Bring back user title to the shop.
    Get rid of the extremely ugly items box.
    New interface.

All the new features you added are pretty useless, at least for me.
    Better avatar / signature quality, I agree. I remember when we switched over to vB4, many users complained that now their avatars looked horrid, granted they were made under the old resolution settings. I was never quite sure why the resolution changes were made, as I personally never saw any issue with how things were previously, nor do I recall any complaints regarding resolutions being too high.

Improved performance -- What do you mean exactly? Are load times long for you?

User titles - The feature IS available in the shop, but has been made Subscriber-only.

Item Box -- It seems that there is a generally dislike for the items box, so I'm sure we could hear more about that in the near future. Remember, these additions were only just made.

Lastly, explain what you want when you suggest we have a new interface. That's a bit of a broad request. It'd be easier to discuss if we knew exactly what you meant by that.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    By improved performane i mean faster loading and no cant connect to server stuff.Sometimes the website doesnt load at all and i have to refresh the page and this stucked loading bar really annoys me as i dont like clicking refresh all the time, however it doesnt happens really often but it is still annoying.The interface should be redesigned.I mean the profile pages and the user info which is shown in forum threads.Its good to see that you guys are paying attention at the community likes and dislikes and keep us informed.I really hope that the next update will be better then the last one.

Almost forgot, how does this subscription stuff work?What do i have to do to unlock the user title?

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    By improved performane i mean faster loading and no cant connect to server stuff.Sometimes the website doesnt load at all and i have to refresh the page and this stucked loading bar really annoys me as i dont like clicking refresh all the time, however it doesnt happens really often but it is still annoying.The interface should be redesigned.I mean the profile pages and the user info which is shown in forum threads.Its good to see that you guys are paying attention at the community likes and dislikes and keep us informed.I really hope that the next update will be better then the last one.

Almost forgot, how does this subscription stuff work?What do i have to do to unlock the user title?
    I see. I think many users agree that we need to change some things up, but the direction in which to change these things is highly disagreed upon. Some users want a plethora of features and more customization, while others want greater simplicity and less features. That creates a big problem for the upper staff, because it becomes a big question as to whether they should pick one direction, or attempt to appeal to everyone they can. It seems to me that the general approach is to try and please everyone they can, which we'll have to wait a bit longer to see if it's a successful attempt. There are some basic issues that need to be resolved though, like the inability to view the second page of visitor messages, before we can have any serious discussion concerning changes to the user profiles.

As for the ability to change your user title, you simply have to subscribe to PSU. This can be done from the "Forums" tab at the top of the page, and by clicking the "Subscribe" option from the drop-down menu. The basic perks of subscribing to the forums are detailed there, and if you have any further questions concerning it feel free to ask.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Ultimate Veteran
    Mentioned this is the other thread but might as well say it here too, the like and dislike buttons are not aligned with the rep and report buttons. Would look much better if they were.

12. Likes sainraja , Metal King Slime, Ixion likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Few fixes:

Header bar for post thanks / like is now gone.

Buttons are now in line with others.

Icons have been uploaded to our server, so we can start stocking the store with higher quality icons.
    LMAO

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Can you please just put back the icons to their original size? No idea why there is a need to stretch them out.

15. Likes Tutankhamun likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Can you please just put back the icons to their original size? No idea why there is a need to stretch them out.
    this might be the fifth time I have written this.

the new icons are set to 50x50 pixels. The icons that were uploaded were not true scaled for that size. The program adjusted and fit them to the 50x50.

We are uploading and getting better icons into the store soon, like literally as I am typing this I am making new categories.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    What will happen when someone buys more than six icons though? Their postbit will become quite large I imagine, this will in turn make it so less posts fits on one page etc.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    What will happen when someone buys more than six icons though? Their postbit will become quite large I imagine, this will in turn make it so less posts fits on one page etc.
    The display is limited to 6 icons right now.

over 500 icons have been submitted in 50x50 format. That is the size we are rolling with.

There is a discussion about putting the icons under sigs rather than in the post bit.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    The display is limited to 6 icons right now.

over 500 icons have been submitted in 50x50 format. That is the size we are rolling with.

There is a discussion about putting the icons under sigs rather than in the post bit.
    That'd be great, especially if it makes it so having signatures disabled does the same for the icons.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    No, I just meant why not just do 25x25 instead of 50x50 it shouldn't be scary to do what you've done in the past particularly when it's better. (smaller less intrusive and you can have more icons in there)

Forum Sage
    this might be the fifth time I have written this.

the new icons are set to 50x50 pixels. The icons that were uploaded were not true scaled for that size. The program adjusted and fit them to the 50x50.

We are uploading and getting better icons into the store soon, like literally as I am typing this I am making new categories.
    Is the size set to 50x50 by you guys or the system? You guys really can't change it?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Is the size set to 50x50 by you guys or the system? You guys really can't change it?
    I will have to see, but the system defaults to 50x50, so that is what we asked everyone to format the new icons to. What we will have to ask is if we tell the system to make them 25x25, if it will scale the icons down or if we will have to have all 600 of the image files reduced by 50%

*edit*
    50x50 is the size the system is set up for, it would take a lot of effort to backtrack to set smaller icons.

essentially rework css markups, manually resize the 600 icons, then reset the shop info.

The box around the items should be disappearing soon though
    Last edited by Cuguy; 11-08-2011 at 02:21.
    LMAO

23. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Oh I see, that's understandable. Thanks for the response.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Oh I see, that's understandable. Thanks for the response.
    Not a problem... we just thought the 50x50 would give some more freedom in how the icons are designed and viewed, so it was set up from the start that way.
    LMAO

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Larger icons definitely allow for more creative freedom, but I just wish there was a way we could have more of them. Perhaps down the road you could implement some type of flash-based feature that flashes through all the icons you bought.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Larger icons definitely allow for more creative freedom, but I just wish there was a way we could have more of them. Perhaps down the road you could implement some type of flash-based feature that flashes through all the icons you bought.
    i can make the postbit display any number of icons. it is just that it will extend the length with each new row.
    right now, it is 6 icons, but we can make it 9?
    LMAO

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    i can make the postbit display any number of icons. it is just that it will extend the length with each new row.
    right now, it is 6 icons, but we can make it 9?
    Yeah, 9 seems like the sweet spot IMO. 3 by 3.

Thread Information