Latest PSU headlines:

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I have the same problem. I bought a PS3 Slim and an Xbox 360 Slim for 1000 and 500 points each respectively, and they are now missing. I was wondering if I get my 1500 back as well?
    • 08:21 - Soldier 95B purchased item N/A for 1000 Points from Shop
    • 08:20 - Soldier 95B purchased item N/A for 500 Points from Shop
    Can I get a response from the Admin's to this?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Cuguy disabled the ability to reduce SP, not rep points.
    He just told me a couple pages back that Thumbs Up/Down had no effect on your status whatsoever. Now it takes/adds rep? I don't think everyone in here is responsible enough for that. The people that disagree with certain people constantly are going to give thumbs down and vice versa.

Edit: Disregard my second question that was here...I feel stupid.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 11-14-2011 at 16:44.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    He just told me a couple pages back that Thumbs Up/Down had no effect on your status whatsoever. Now it takes/adds rep? I don't think everyone in here is responsible enough for that. The people that disagree with certain people constantly are going to give thumbs down and vice versa.

Edit: Disregard my second question that was here...I feel stupid.
    I was referring to the issue that dislikes removed points.

Sorry for any confusion on that point, but I am leaving the negative rep impact.

If someone likes your post, you gain rep, so it is only fair disliking removes ONE rep point.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    How do I change my icons order
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post

Sorry for any confusion on that point, but I am leaving the negative rep impact.

If someone likes your post, you gain rep, so it is only fair disliking removes ONE rep point.
    Does it show up in your User CP if someone Thumbs up or downs your post? Don't think that I have gotten any yet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

This is bs. Sorry, it is. The negative rep option wasn't enabled for regular users because you guys said that we shouldn't have the ability to affect the reputation of members negatively, now you're going back on it completely. I don't know if you guys voted this in or not, but it's definitely going down hill for the members here. You have people "disliking" posts on the basis of pure objection already and it's utter $#@! that you would even allow such a thing. I don't think a member has any right to affect my reputation here just because I like X game, and they don't.

If your goal was to enforce more confrontation between members, well, congratulations.

7. Likes Royals , PS4freak , Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This is bs. Sorry, it is. The negative rep option wasn't enabled for regular users because you guys said that we shouldn't have the ability to affect the reputation of members negatively, now you're going back on it completely. I don't know if you guys voted this in or not, but it's definitely going down hill for the members here. You have people "disliking" posts on the basis of pure objection already and it's utter $#@! that you would even allow such a thing. I don't think a member has any right to affect my reputation here just because I like X game, and they don't.

If your goal was to enforce more confrontation between members, well, congratulations.
    This. Oh god this.

I've had more then a few post dislikes in the sub hot chicks thread merely because I dislike how a woman looked. Its ridiculous. And now I loose rep just because someone else had an opposing opinion?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    This. Oh god this.

I've had more then a few post dislikes in the sub hot chicks thread merely because I dislike how a woman looked. Its ridiculous. And now I loose rep just because someone else had an opposing opinion?

Maybe you should pick hotter chicks?

Anyway, I disabled the plug in within the subscriber threads.

Also, removed it from the comparison forum.

It is still forum wide otherwise and will remain so.

You're welcome...

really? we try to institute a system to prevent people from $#@!ing by applying negative consequences because people are tired of having crappy posts kill threads. We bring a system in to do that, and what happens? people are $#@!ing because they can't $#@! without getting neg rep or "disliked"

Damned it you do and damned if you don't...

As I have said... there are so many ways to earn positive rep and points that they far outweigh the negatives of a dislike. I believe in the long run, the negative consequences of posts will help keep more people from posting before thinking.

And why shouldn't a member be able to affect your rep? They affect it positively with repping posts and "liking" them? Reputation is a give and take. People's opinion should be able to negatively affect reputation. Reputation is about attaining and MAINTAINING your rep level. I just see this as a gripe about not being able to handle being critcized.

You think it is BS, fine, that is your choice. The system is staying for now, but can be tweaked to account for places where the plug in isn't a good fit or is being overly abused. Two forums on here can see it be abused easily and I removed the feature from those.
    Last edited by Cuguy; 11-14-2011 at 19:46.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Why is the X on the Xbox logo not centered? Its kind of annoying me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

It is still forum wide otherwise and will remain so
    Why? It's not needed. If someone wants to like someones post, or dislike it, fine, but why should that be something that affects another member? It doesn't make ANY sense CUGUY. Can you explain what the feature is supposed to promote on PSU? Who decided this was a nice feature to have, and on what basis?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Why? It's not needed. If someone wants to like someones post, or dislike it, fine, but why should that be something that affects another member? It doesn't make ANY sense CUGUY. Can you explain what the feature is supposed to promote on PSU? Who decided this was a nice feature to have, and on what basis?
    I pitched the idea to the current site management and it was approved. So blame me, don't care.

Any system in place gets abused. If we left it at simply having infractions, that gets abused because the staff doesn't catch them all, or a sub edits out his troll before someone can catch it to act. We put in a like/dislike with some numerical consequences to sort of try to self govern the forums a little by making it more desirable to NOT get disliked.

I removed the points because I believe they are earned as well, but reputation is good and bad like I said. It would take a herculean effort for a user to abuse your rep down. The like /dislike can only be used 5 times in a 24 hour period. So, if a person wanted to troll you with that, it would take them 10 days to drop your rep 50 points. Conversely, every time someone "likes" your post, you get 2 rep points. So one like wipes out two dislikes. Simple. If it gets overly abused, I can increase those ratios. Make it .25 of a rep point per dislike or something along those lines.

Like it or not though, it comes down to this... we made the choice (Mr. B and I) to put this stuff in place after lengthy discussions. This feature works on other sites and the achievements and trophies we are working on getting place that tie into it will help as well. We can reward people who are most liked and other categories.

these plug ins are fully functional as we speak, but not fully realized in potential because we are debating which options to use or not to use within each plug in. You will undoubtedly see things you like and some you don't in the future springing from these shops and plug ins. Hopefully more that you like, but so far it would seem you don't like anything, so I will not hold out hope LOL
    LMAO

Unbound Mercenary
    The problem with the dislike idea, is that just having an opinion will get a dislike.

Why should people have to post not what they think to avoid the dislike, its like removing opinions.

Or a person might dislike a post just to be an asshole.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19

It is still forum wide otherwise and will remain so.

You're welcome...

really? we try to institute a system to prevent people from $#@!ing by applying negative consequences because people are tired of having crappy posts kill threads. We bring a system in to do that, and what happens? people are $#@!ing because they can't $#@! without getting neg rep or "disliked"

Damned it you do and damned if you don't...

As I have said... there are so many ways to earn positive rep and points that they far outweigh the negatives of a dislike. I believe in the long run, the negative consequences of posts will help keep more people from posting before thinking.

And why shouldn't a member be able to affect your rep? They affect it positively with repping posts and "liking" them? Reputation is a give and take. People's opinion should be able to negatively affect reputation. Reputation is about attaining and MAINTAINING your rep level. I just see this as a gripe about not being able to handle being critcized.

You think it is BS, fine, that is your choice. The system is staying for now, but can be tweaked to account for places where the plug in isn't a good fit or is being overly abused. Two forums on here can see it be abused easily and I removed the feature from those.
    It has some up side to it but as I said you have people on here that just disagree with people on a constant basis and are more likely to give neg rep because they don't quite see eye to eye. Let's be honest we have fanboys from both sides of the system debates and they usually don't get along too well. Seems like if they make a statement that the others sees as fanboying the other side they would automatically want to dislike. It is a good thing though for when someone drops in with a sales or comparison thread and posting something that xbox/ps3 did that was better that just completely derails the thread or any pointless derailing that was uncalled for. It is a great thing for that but the members not always seeing eye to eye is going to show up a lot I believe. Hopefully it doesn't but I have a feeling it will. It does have some positives but I fear that too many are going to abuse it once they find out that the system +/- reps. My two cents.

On a side note, does editing post deduct SP? I have all kinds of negative transactions in my post history. Which I believe is from edit post.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    What the heck does that mean? I don't like anything. Why are you taking shots at me? Because I'm giving my input in FEEDBACK section ffs...

Reputation good and bad.. sure... that stands for trolling, spam, etc., not for having a different opinion on a game, or different tastes.

16. Likes Kwes , Firefox likes this post

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    What the heck does that mean? I don't like anything. Why are you taking shots at me? Because I'm giving my input in FEEDBACK section ffs...

Reputation good and bad.. sure... that stands for trolling, spam, etc., not for having a different opinion on a game, or different tastes.
    Agree. People shouldn't be penalized for having different opinions on games, systems etc.

18. Likes Firefox likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Apparently they should.

As far as the people getting rewarded for most likes and dislikes, that can be done without having the add/remove rep points based on likes and dislikes. That's the part that doesn't seem to have any use at all.

Friendship is Carrots
    I also agree. At the very least if Rep is affected it should only be positively. Still, if the gains and losses are so small, what's the point to begin with?
    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-14-2011 at 20:45.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Exactly.. it doesn't serve any real purpose in that regard.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    The problem is many users are reporting losing rep from other users or editing posts/unexplainable reasons.. losing rep should be disabled no matter if it is for disliking, or stealing or whatever different ways users are losing rep.

Sure it's imaginary but we've been for 6 years and well we all want it disabled.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'll reiterate, I don't mind the like/dislike feature. However, I don't think adding or removing rep based on that should be enabled. Surely you see the conflicted nature of this starting with the removing of the feature set that removed points, that we earned. How is that any different than the rep points we earned?

Master Sage
    Either way.. we decided on negative rep after long debate years ago.. would be horrible to bring it due to one or two admins opinions back since we already decided collectively as a forum what our opinion is.

Why did we give our opinions before at all then. o.O
    Last edited by Firefox; 11-14-2011 at 21:03.

25. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    ... it hasn't been that long ago that the current administration upheld that the members won't have any negative impact on reputation.

27. Likes Firefox likes this post
    Master Sage
    I can also keep on liking your posts.. rep spam?

Soldier 95B
    Forum updates and added features. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

30. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Forum updates and added features. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Was I ever complaining about the lack of updates? No. Am I making complaints in a Feedback forum? Yes.

Your post adds nothing in the way of feedback except slagging off those who are giving some.

32. Likes Metal King Slime, F34R likes this post

Thread Information