Latest PSU headlines:

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast
    PHAT boy gone slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Forum updates and added features. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    From what F34R and Firefox are saying, I gather that people disliking your post will deduct you of rep points.

Basically if you voice your opinion over a game, saying how much you dislike a certain part, and some one who thinks the opposite can gather afew members and spam the dislike button, thus loosing your hard earned rep.

Especially if they dislike you in any way. Also on forums where there can be afew cliques some people could get singled out and targeted more than others.

So really, the like and dislike should have no impact on your rep, after all, is that not what the rep button is for? And any controversial posts which may require negative rep, should be reported.

This post was brought to you either by Tapatalk or some random Internet gremlin.
    http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well, at least I'm not the only one....

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Why is the X on the Xbox logo not centered? Its kind of annoying me lol
    Thanks for waiting until now to voice your complaint.

My Photoshop trial expired yesterday and I'm sure as hell not going to blow a couple hundred dollars to slightly readjust a tiny shape that "kind of" annoys you. Lol.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-14-2011 at 22:52.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Was I ever complaining about the lack of updates? No. Am I making complaints in a Feedback forum? Yes.

Your post adds nothing in the way of feedback except slagging off those who are giving some.
    I never mentioned your name nor did I quote you.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    I've had more then a few post dislikes in the sub hot chicks thread merely because I dislike how a woman looked. Its ridiculous. And now I loose rep just because someone else had an opposing opinion?
    I honestly had no idea that Dislikes affect rep lol. I was just trying to be funny. I won't be disliking posts like that in the future.

Anywho, I'm in favor of this. Someone's reputation doesn't simply improve in real life. It can also regress, so why not on here as well?

7. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I honestly had no idea that Dislikes affect rep lol. I was just trying to be funny. I won't be disliking posts like that in the future.

Anywho, I'm in favor of this. Someone's reputation doesn't simply improve in real life. It can also regress, so why not on here as well?
    And I think it's been said that you only lose a single point per dislike, which isn't that big of a deal when you keep in mind that the average amount of points you receive per +rep is of a much larger amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy
    If someone likes your post, you gain rep, so it is only fair disliking removes ONE rep point.
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about Rep Power but rather the total accumulative amount that shows up under the list of subscribed threads in your User CP.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-14-2011 at 23:57.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

I dunno, why don't you ask the powers that be why we've not had a neg rep button? hmmmm... shall I dig the replies from the staff for their reasons why they are the only ones that can give a neg rep?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I dunno, why don't you ask the powers that be why we've not had a neg rep button? hmmmm... shall I dig the replies from the staff for their reasons why they are the only ones that can give a neg rep?
    By all means, go ahead. I'm curious to hear the opinions.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's going to take a little while, but rest assured that I will. I'm at work also, so that might slow my progress a little.

Ultimate Veteran
    Okay, did Cuguy not put emphasize in his own post to make it clear that you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill? He said you lose one REP POINT. Go into your User CP right now and check how many total accumulative POINTS are listed under your list of subscribed threads. The fact that the member with the largest REP POWER is going out of his way to prove the staff wrong at work -- a place where your reputation is no doubt more important -- must go to show how trivial this really is. Just admit it. You guys care an unusually great amount about your e-peens. It's pathetic. Why do we even need the system in the first place?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    It's going to take a little while, but rest assured that I will.
    I will never doubt your determination, F34R.

EDIT: Just checked my rep points, and I only have 12,868 points. I don't know if I can afford to lose a point!

Soldier 95B
    Just wanted to extend a great thanks to the admins and owners for going through all trouble of enhancing the forums, by adding new features and updates, as well as your continued efforts for the performance improvements! Thank you!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Okay, did Cuguy not put emphasize in his own post to make it clear that you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill? He said you lose one REP POINT. Go into your User CP right now and check how many total accumulative POINTS are listed under your list of subscribed threads. The fact that the member with the largest REP POWER is going out of his way to prove the staff wrong at work -- a place where your reputation is no doubt more important -- must go to show how trivial this really is. Just admit it. You guys care an unusually great amount about your e-peens. It's pathetic. Why do we even need the system in the first place?
    If it's so trivial, why add it?
    I simply don't like change for the sake of change. If there's no rhyme or reason to it, why add it? They want less confrontation on the forums, but implement a system that BREEDS confrontation. We already have enough of it just from posts alone, but then you have people being extremely petty and disliking posts because of A. trying to be funny, or B. being a troll.

Does it really matter? No. It doesn't matter one way or the other. However, this is a discussion board, and this is the feedback section, and I'll utilize both - thanks.

Soldier, you're right, some thanks and appreciation does need to be extended to the staff for trying to improve the forums. Once a list of things that have been improved, added, etc., comes around, I'll be sure to do just that.

Until then, well, I just continue to give feedback as I see appropriate as features and additions are discovered and discussed.

It's worth noting that a week ago, CUGUY stated that dislikes do not affect rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Dislikes take nothing away now.

but no, rep is still only deductible by mods giving neg rep to a post.

if a post here gets too many dislikes, the worst thing that happens is the post is hidden due to low rankings.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-15-2011 at 00:46.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    That was last week, things can change :P

For me, rep is meaningless so I dont mind the feature. I dont even know how I got the 3000-some odd rep I got now

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Soldier 95B
    Not everyone will agree with every change. First and foremost, this is their site and they are entitled to do they want with it. I am glad that they have always taken user feedback into consideration as well. That doesn't mean they will ALWAYS do what some people want them to do.

In the end, if you are carrying on productive and mature conversations, dislike is unlikely to get used. I imagine most people don't care about the feature. I personally don't care about my rep points, nor do I care about the like/dislike system. I have tried it the past couple days, and it's nothing that appeals to me.

Ultimate Veteran
    It's worth noting that a week ago, CUGUY stated that dislikes do not affect rep.
    Because they don't. That's my point.

You talk about the reputation system as though you're going to lose half of your Rep Power overnight. Well, what if he decided to abolish the reputation system altogether? Yeah, I'm going with the "it could be worse" angle. Like Cuguy said before, in a more RECENT post, you only lose a single point. Unfortunately, you guys have gotten so used to receiving all of this reputation by your close circle of forum buddies that overreacting about a single point being deducted has now become the most important issue we need to address.

And please don't give me that "I'm just giving out feedback on the issue blah, blah, blah" stuff. I've witnessed plenty of occasions where you and Tut would come into other people's threads undermining our suggestions for whatever reason. Maybe some of them were justified and others weren't but it shows that the door can swing both ways, right? At least I'm not disliking your post...
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-15-2011 at 01:38.

19. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'd actually like it if they removed the entire reputation system completely.. disable it, and leave the likes/dislikes in place where they don't affect points. That'd be the ideal situation.
    As far as undermining suggestions, that's how the cookie crumbles I guess. I see it as my opinion on a given subject. I don't do it to undermine anyone. I see a subject that I have something to express, whether it be on the popular side of the vote or not, and I'm going to contribute.

Thinking about it a little more "philosophically", you're probably right. In the grand scheme of it all, it doesn't really matter. Wipe the rep, negate it with disliked posts. I don't really care at this point. When you have an administration that care more about what they want rather than what actually would help bring a community together more, you don't have a leg to stand on in opposition.

I won't have any more input on features, etc. Roll with the punches so to speak.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJackson85 View Post
    From what F34R and Firefox are saying, I gather that people disliking your post will deduct you of rep points.

Basically if you voice your opinion over a game, saying how much you dislike a certain part, and some one who thinks the opposite can gather afew members and spam the dislike button, thus loosing your hard earned rep.

Especially if they dislike you in any way. Also on forums where there can be afew cliques some people could get singled out and targeted more than others.

So really, the like and dislike should have no impact on your rep, after all, is that not what the rep button is for? And any controversial posts which may require negative rep, should be reported.

This post was brought to you either by Tapatalk or some random Internet gremlin.
    If people post responsibly they have nothing to worry about. The name's of those who group together to bring a post down will be listed right under that post.

If it happens, it can change. I don't see why it's a big deal.....

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If people post responsibly they have nothing to worry about. The name's of those who group together to bring a post down will be listed right under that post.

That is a good point that I didn't think of. We can spot the people who abuse the system and remove their ability to use the system.

I am thinking of lowering the rep penalty, making it less than 1 point per dislike.
    LMAO

Forum Sage
    At the same time, we can't assume that people are going to group together so you guys will need to keep an eye out and make sure there isn't a pattern.

I am not sure if this is allowed but if you guys check out http://www.gameslurp.com, they have a similar setup -- except there you can only like a post you agree with.

So if dislike is found to be useless (like it's not helping people self-monitor, you guys could just remove it.) No harm in trying it out though and I think we'll be fine.

PSU community as a whole isn't like that so I think it will work.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-15-2011 at 06:16.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    At the same time, we can't assume that people are going to group together so you guys will need to keep an eye out and make sure there isn't a pattern.

I am not sure if this is allowed but if you guys check out http://www.gameslurp.com, they have a similar setup -- except there you can only like a post you agree with.

So if dislike is found to be useless (like it's not helping people self-monitor, you guys could just remove it.) No harm in trying it out though and I think we'll be fine.

PSU community as a whole isn't like that so I think it will work.
    Exactly... people complained about it before it had even been in place a day. The system has to have a chance to either fail or succeed and that isn't happening overnight.

TBH, there are literally 3 people out of the community that have said they do not like this feature. Of those, I corrected a couple of the concerns already by limiting the number of clicks to avoid abuse and by ensuring it is only down to 1 rep point off. The like feature still awards 2 rep. So my answer to people who don't like the dislike? Post to avoid it. It is very easy to make a post spouting opposing views without wording it like a troll or ass.

If the plug in becomes a universal failure, then we will either remove the dislike and put in a recommend button, or make other adjustments.

Until that point though, as said before, it is a tiny amount of rep that comes out. Not even enough that'd you notice them coming out. "so why have it come out if we won't notice?" simple.. it IS a negative punitive action similar to infractions that people can avoid.
    LMAO

25. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    The like feature still awards 2 rep. So my answer to people who don't like the dislike? Post to avoid it.
    Pretty sure you just validated Fear's argument with that statement.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

27. Likes *goo likes this post
    PHAT boy gone slim

Exactly... people complained about it before it had even been in place a day. The system has to have a chance to either fail or succeed and that isn't happening overnight.

TBH, there are literally 3 people out of the community that have said they do not like this feature. Of those, I corrected a couple of the concerns already by limiting the number of clicks to avoid abuse and by ensuring it is only down to 1 rep point off. The like feature still awards 2 rep. So my answer to people who don't like the dislike? Post to avoid it. It is very easy to make a post spouting opposing views without wording it like a troll or ass.

If the plug in becomes a universal failure, then we will either remove the dislike and put in a recommend button, or make other adjustments.

Until that point though, as said before, it is a tiny amount of rep that comes out. Not even enough that'd you notice them coming out. "so why have it come out if we won't notice?" simple.. it IS a negative punitive action similar to infractions that people can avoid.
    Posting to avoid a dislike or even trying to post responsibly is virtually impossible when replying with your opinion on a subject. Ok, your wording can be of a way in which the reader can re-late or understand your point of view, but as we all know in the heat of moments in a discussion people read only what they want too.

Even in us discussing this new feature, some people could misread our posts, think we are breaching a pointless subject, or even moaning about nothing and instantly click the dislike button, now I know it only take a small amount, we'll probably never notice it, but we are just bringing up a potential problem that could be abused. Some members have 10,000+ points, but if this happened to a new member they could voice their opinion and lose all rep, thus making them dislike the forum and scamper off.

I know that I, myself, am happy with the way the forum is going, so much so I'm tempted to re-subscribe, I'm also willing to bet SP that F34R and Firefox are also happy with the new improvements, it's just that we are giving feedback on the new update. Obviously the system needs time to bed in and work its magic, and that we can wait for.

And of course, as Cuguy mentions in the above quote, from this feedback some settings have been changed to try and stop the potential abuse.
    Last edited by RobJackson85; 11-15-2011 at 14:23.
    http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Just wanted to extend a great thanks to the admins and owners for going through all trouble of enhancing the forums, by adding new features and updates, as well as your continued efforts for the performance improvements! Thank you!
    Hey thanks for posting that!

We're truly doing our best. I'm sure there are tweaks to make, but Cuguy has had a huge amount of passion for trying to get you guys what you want.

Its always very difficult to dial in something that the entire community will be happy with, but note that we are here and doing what we can to get things the way you want it!

Now give Cuguy a bit of credit for all the work he's been doing willya?

Thanks guys. $#@!ikng stoked. Long live PSU>

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Why am I getting survey popups?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information