Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 112
  1. #1
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    1,062 (0 Banked)

    Aiming in Uncharted 3 is soooooo sluggish and slow! When are NG going to patch?

    Its just no fun. When I aim, i have to strain the aimer across to the moving enemies. The gunplay is so frustrating it really breaks the flow from U2. Anyone else have this issue?

    I really hope that ND are aware of this issue, cause its seriously dampening my enjoyment of this game.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Drebin296's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
    PSN ID
    Drebin296
    Age
    20
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,150 (0 Banked)
    I played the more recent PS+ Beta version of Uncharted 3, and I found the aiming to be fine. Perhaps it's not an issue, it's just you?

    Still, can be frustrating. Can you not turn the sensitivity up?
    -Ollie

  3. #3
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Considering ND thinks it's better to watch a game play out, with as little interaction from the user, I doubt they'll be concerned about the aiming.

  4. #4
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    1,062 (0 Banked)
    It cant be me. I loved UC2, played it through 4 times. LOVED the gunplay. Was smooth and fast. Now its soo slow it feels broken. ND forums are also complaining about it. I am now convinced its a bug. Surely you guys have noticed it?

    I think I am going to wait for a patch before playing anymore.

  5. #5
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    They are not going to change it, as this is how it was designed to be.

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gunplay-debate

    I for one don't have an issue with it, and when you read that you see that the changes made were for a valid reason

  6. #6
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    560 (2,722 Banked)
    I actually had no problem with it, I even left the sensitivity at its default spot. I have beat the game already as well on hard, i have know idea why so many people are complaining about it.

    | Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

  7. #7
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I found it sluggish and cumbersome to aim.

  8. #8
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Fist i did feel the same and i did dislike it but like i do with any other game, i stopped complaining and adapted to it.

    Now i am fine with the aiming and can easily get head-shots. Still not better than U2 but not as bad as it was first.

  9. #9
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Up the sensitivity, it'll help out a lot.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  10. #10
    Forum Sage
    Dasimpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Huddersfield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,566
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    6,997 (0 Banked)
    I just can't see how not 1 review touched on this. How did this game/movie end up like this. Uncharted 2 is up there in top 5 games this gen for me. How did this game get a 10?? I can't wait for the last half to end because it's got to be amazing!

    I too have an issue with the aiming. Like many many others
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

  11. #11
    Master Guru
    Bigdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,382
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,212 (11,045 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    is there a small delay in the controls or something for people saying it's sluggish?

  12. #12
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    seems like a larger than needed deadzone. kinda like kz2 controls almost.

  13. #13
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Reckon the shooting in PlayStation 3 exclusive Uncharted 3 feels off? You're not alone.

    Players have complained about the aiming in the action adventure on NeoGAF and on Naughty Dog's forum, saying it restricts accurate gunplay.

    Naughty Dog has addressed the complaints and explained the changes it's made.

    Guns fire in a "completely different way" in Uncharted 3 than they do in Uncharted 2, community manager Arne Meyer wrote on the Naughty Dog website.

    "Keep that in mind, as it affects your perception of gun combat as a whole since it's very easy to want to compare the two sets of mechanics between the two games.

    "In Uncharted 2 the bullets would leave the barrel at a pre-set deviation when you were aimed in. What this means is that the bullets would not fire straight out of the barrel all the time - they could come out at an angle. Therefore, you could have a target clearly in the reticule and still miss it by a wide margin. This was frustrating, because it was difficult to tell why you were missing a target.

    "As a result, we wanted to be sure you had a better grasp of whether you were hitting or missing a target. In Uncharted 3 the bullets now fire straight out of the barrel 100 per cent of the time. However, we have recoil - where the reticule moves/bounces as you fire. Therefore, it is easier to tell if you are missing or hitting a target. Now it is much more obvious when you are hitting or missing based on the reticule itself."

    Meyer said aiming in Uncharted 3 is identical to aiming in Uncharted 2, although the sensitivity has been adjusted to be higher in Uncharted 3 to give players a more precise feel.

    "With Uncharted 2 it was pretty much guaranteed you would aim in one of the eight directions and it was hard to deviate from that (imagine it being almost like a traditional eight-way arcade stick). With Uncharted 3, you can deviate from the straight path from each of the eight directions much easier and more precisely."

    Also, enemies run faster in Uncharted 3 to their desired position, which changes the flow of combat.

    "Perhaps one of the more significant changes revolves around the accuracy to the AK rifles," Meyer explained. "In Uncharted 2, you could fire the AK across the map with extreme accuracy, and thus players would tend to stick with the AK all the time. In Uncharted 3, we changed the AK to be used at closer ranges to encourage players to use other guns rather than just keeping the AK the entire game.

    "Fact is, the AK in Uncharted 3 isn't great at long range intentionally. The GMAL or the M9 are much better choices for long range combat. Don't forget that the AK also works much better and with better accuracy if you burst fire it rather than just holding the trigger down."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gunplay-debate


    Just get used to it. The change in aiming was for the better. Just because it's not how you remember it, doesn't mean it's broken or wrong in any way

    The gun play is great once you get the hang of it (didn't take me long though)

  14. #14
    Master Guru
    Bigdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,382
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,212 (11,045 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    seems like a larger than needed deadzone. kinda like kz2 controls almost.
    ack. Good thing I didn't buy it. i hate when developers try to justify piss poor controls "oh, it feels like there is weight" or "oh, we made it like this so it made the game different" it's awful, piss poor controls are just piss poor controls and developers should know better.

  15. #15
    Master Guru
    Bigdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,382
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,212 (11,045 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Edit: sorry for double post, something odd is going on with these forums..


    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gunplay-debate


    Just get used to it. The change in aiming was for the better. Just because it's not how you remember it, doesn't mean it's broken or wrong in any way

    The gun play is great once you get the hang of it (didn't take me long though)
    The excuses they are making to justify it is complete fail. In no way is it a good thing to change controls to justify how the bullets work? doesn't make any sense and the fact they are being stupid by just the comments they are making shows they are trying the whole "it's a weight thing". developers need to get out of the mindset of supporting crap controls, if there is a delay in the aiming, they should fix it, if they wont, they proved they don't give a crap.

    all games should have something in common which is smooth controls and responsive controls. The immersion in a game believe it or not is easily broken by rubbish controls, if ND is going to justify crap controls, they just proved to me (who bought UC1 & UC2) that they are just flat out stupid. Crap controls always equals a no buy for me and I am not the only one. crap controls = not enough time developing the game or they are just stupid. it's either one of those options because they are certainly not smart for doing this and making crap controls doesn't mean the game itself is going to be different for the good, it means the game just wont get as many sales and if it does it's because people didn't know about the unresponsive controls.

    deadzone in controls = lack of response time period. They F'd it up and are now trying to justify it so they don't have to patch it. ND can get bent.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-03-2011 at 21:09.

  16. #16
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Edit: sorry for double post, something odd is going on with these forums..




    The excuses they are making to justify it is complete fail. In no way is it a good thing to change controls to justify how the bullets work? doesn't make any sense and the fact they are being stupid by just the comments they are making shows they are trying the whole "it's a weight thing". developers need to get out of the mindset of supporting crap controls, if there is a delay in the aiming, they should fix it, if they wont, they proved they don't give a crap.

    all games should have something in common which is smooth controls and responsive controls. The immersion in a game believe it or not is easily broken by rubbish controls, if ND is going to justify crap controls, they just proved to me (who bought UC1 & UC2) that they are just flat out stupid. Crap controls always equals a no buy for me and I am not the only one. crap controls = not enough time developing the game or they are just stupid. it's either one of those options because they are certainly not smart for doing this and making crap controls doesn't mean the game itself is going to be different for the good, it means the game just wont get as many sales and if it does it's because people didn't know about the unresponsive controls.
    Yeah I see your point, but on the flipside I would say it was a design choice and with the response in that article they have given, they are gonna stick by that design choice..

    Like I said before I have come to grips with it and it feels good, not unresponsive like suggested. IMO people are complaining because it is not like U2 and I understand. Just sayin it's not an issue for myself and probably a lot of others

    They could have easily just kept the game controlling how uncharted2 did, so yeah this leads me to believe they intentionally chose to make it like this - So they aren't justifying crap controls, they're justifying the design for gun play they chose and they ain't gonna change it =P

    Anyway, as long as the MP (havent played it on retail disc yet) remains the same as the beta/subway-promo - those controls were more than fine

  17. #17
    Master Guru
    Bigdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,382
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,212 (11,045 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    since they intentionally did it, they wont get my money. At least DICE is going to patch this type of crap pretty soon on the PS3 at least, ND should do the same but since they are not, they have just proven to me that they would rather half ass controls for a game then to make it enjoyable to play, which means I wont support them at all and I'm sure others wont either. I expect a drop in sales if these sluggish controls get the word around and if they do, they deserve the drop in sales. dumb developers, when are people going to start using common sense in video games, it's like Naughty Dog is turning into rubbish now.

    it seems like more and more developers are favoring the deadzone/low response time on the controls. they keep this up, I wont even get a PS4, I will move right back to PC gaming.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-03-2011 at 21:22.

  18. #18
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    since they intentionally did it, they wont get my money. At least DICE is going to patch this type of crap pretty soon on the PS3 at least, ND should do the same but since they are not, they have just proven to me that they would rather half ass controls for a game then to make it enjoyable to play, which means I wont support them at all and I'm sure others wont either. I expect a drop in sales if these sluggish controls get the word around and if they do, they deserve the drop in sales. dumb developers, when are people going to start using common sense in video games, it's like Naughty Dog is turning into rubbish now.

    it seems like more and more developers are favoring the deadzone/low response time on the controls. they keep this up, I wont even get a PS4, I will move right back to PC gaming.
    Yes, I used to game a ton on the PC end of last gen and when this gen was kicking off. The difference in terms of responsiveness and smooth controls is night and day (+60fps ftw!?)

    But anyway, I can relate to your woes about games losing the excitement when they have $#@!/slow controls, and fair enough on skipping U3 because of this. But you should atleast try it some how if you can and make your own decision. It may work for you, like it does for me

  19. #19
    Master Guru
    Bigdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,382
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,212 (11,045 Banked)
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yes, I used to game a ton on the PC end of last gen and when this gen was kicking off. The difference in terms of responsiveness and smooth controls is night and day (+60fps ftw!?)

    But anyway, I can relate to your woes about games losing the excitement when they have $#@!/slow controls, and fair enough on skipping U3 because of this. But you should atleast try it some how if you can and make your own decision. It may work for you, like it does for me
    nah, I wont even give it the time of day. DICE on BF3 on the PS3 did this but like I said before they heard the complaints and are in the process of fixing it. If they wouldn't have and if I would have known about the input delay on the control before I bought it, I wouldn't have bought it. I gave Killzone2 a chance one time and because of their crappy controls I didn't buy killzone 3. Basically killzone 2 and it's controls completely turned me off of the game, so I learned my lesson to that.

    People can try to tell me to adapt but I don't want to adapt to failed controls and I shouldn't have to adapt to low response time. Nah, I wont give this title the time of day. As much as I'm hyped for Skyrim, if I found out it had bad controls, I wouldn't buy it either but I doubt it will. Skyrim it is. ND could have gotten my money and I was getting ready to buy this game until I came across this thread first and then on other forums saying about the sluggish response time. lol not my thing. I'll just youtube the story in a few days. lol

    I don't think it's the 30fps that is causing this delay, it's something else because I've played 60fps FPS as well as 30fps FPS games and still had responsive controls.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,559
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,388 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah the aiming to me is very sluggish too. It is very hard to get head shots off because of this. Usually when I get them it's by luck.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  21. #21
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    How do you guys play games?

    Seriously.

    I guess I get used to anything lol. I've never understood the complaints people had about KZ2 controls and now same for U3 controls.

    @Bigdoggy - You're pretty much going off of the assumption that you won't like the new controls. You should give it a try before knocking it.

  22. #22
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,292
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,339 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I haven't touched he single player yet. I played some coop. Does this problem only happen in single player? The only problem i had in coop was not being able to switch shoulders(found out you had to turn it on in the option menu)
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

  23. #23
    Supreme Veteran
    Zoibie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    21
    Posts
    18,645
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    56,613 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    since they intentionally did it, they wont get my money. At least DICE is going to patch this type of crap pretty soon on the PS3 at least, ND should do the same but since they are not, they have just proven to me that they would rather half ass controls for a game then to make it enjoyable to play, which means I wont support them at all and I'm sure others wont either. I expect a drop in sales if these sluggish controls get the word around and if they do, they deserve the drop in sales. dumb developers, when are people going to start using common sense in video games, it's like Naughty Dog is turning into rubbish now.

    it seems like more and more developers are favoring the deadzone/low response time on the controls. they keep this up, I wont even get a PS4, I will move right back to PC gaming.
    They never said that, that blog post wasn't saying they would never/aren't looking into this. In fact, Arne is inviting people in SoCal who are experiencing the issue down to their studios tomorrow to try and hash things out.

    And, honestly, without playing it you really making a mountain out of a molehill. It's not terrible, it's still a perfectly playable, enjoyable game. Sure, it's slightly frustrating, but in my experience, once you get a hold of shotguns and automatic weapons, it feels fine. (That first part with the silenced pistol is pretty rough though)
    Last edited by Zoibie; 11-04-2011 at 04:44.


  24. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  25. #24
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    8,601 (0 Banked)
    Controls are fine. Bigdoggy is just whining like a girl. Especially since he hasn't played it. Who the hell has the right to complain about a game they never played???

  26. #25
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    what's with the whining? i never saw a problem in the aiming. spoiled


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.