Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 169
  1. #26
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,695
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,263 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After some thought, this all seems far too fishy. I speculate the current staff assassinated Coma, likely by means of poison, and claimed he left the country to cover his death. This is the Nerevar/Vivec scandal all over again!
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  2. #27
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    After some thought, this all seems far too fishy. I speculate the current staff assassinated Coma, likely by means of poison, and claimed he left the country to cover his death. This is the Nerevar/Vivec scandal all over again!
    In all seriousness, I wonder if there was any encouragement from other members of staff to try and persuade Coma to leave. I'm neither accusing or denying anyone of any wrong doing but it does seem strange that Coma, a long-term forum veteran, not only decided to leave but actually have his account deleted. He's done a lot for this place and seen it rise from the ashes, why would he just go like that?

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  3. #28
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    In all seriousness, I wonder if there was any encouragement from other members of staff to try and persuade Coma to leave. I'm neither accusing or denying anyone of any wrong doing but it does seem strange that Coma, a long-term forum veteran, not only decided to leave but actually have his account deleted. He's done a lot for this place and seen it rise from the ashes, why would he just go like that?
    Some people are more interested in having a position of authority, and when that is compromised, they leave. We've seen it with several staff members. The deletion of the account, that's odd, but nevertheless, it happens.

  4. #29
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Some people are more interested in having a position of authority, and when that is compromised, they leave. We've seen it with several staff members. The deletion of the account, that's odd, but nevertheless, it happens.
    Or, sometimes members leave after getting a staff position. I've seen many a DS do that.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  5. #30
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    Or, sometimes members leave after getting a staff position. I've seen many a DS do that.
    that doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about though....

  6. #31
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    In all seriousness, I wonder if there was any encouragement from other members of staff to try and persuade Coma to leave. I'm neither accusing or denying anyone of any wrong doing but it does seem strange that Coma, a long-term forum veteran, not only decided to leave but actually have his account deleted. He's done a lot for this place and seen it rise from the ashes, why would he just go like that?
    Just to clear things up.

    COMA deleted his account. Not us. Not staff. He did it himself after the decision was made by site management to make me the sole CM. Prior to that, it was the two of us. Obviously the decision was made well above my head and Coma didn't take it well.

    No tin foil hats or anything like that. He didn't take well to being made admin again, and hence, deleted his own account.
    LMAO

  7. #32
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,732
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    6,840 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    In laymans term, rage quit.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

  8. #33
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    that doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about though....
    Yeah, I know. Not sure why I brought it up. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    No tin foil hats or anything like that. He didn't take well to being made admin again, and hence, deleted his own account.
    The lack of power must have gotten to his head.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  9. #34
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    In laymans term, rage quit.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
    Exactly.

    At the same moment I found out about Mr. B's decision, so did Coma.

    It took him less than 5 minutes to delete his account.

    So, again, he left on his own guys.
    LMAO

  10. #35
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,457
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,821 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The big baby. I love Coma, but he wasnt active for ages due to RL. but he did kinda make a comeback the past few days.


    oh well, onwards and upwards

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  11. #36
    Is being tested on!
    BarrelofMonkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a box on the corner
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,545
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,605 (0 Banked)
    So Coma left the community for good or just the cm role?

    Thanks to Kwesnoth.

  12. #37
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    He deleted his own account, so I am gonna say gone for good.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  13. #38
    Is being tested on!
    BarrelofMonkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a box on the corner
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,545
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,605 (0 Banked)
    Oh my god!!! He was one of my favorites. *runs away crying*

    Thanks to Kwesnoth.

  14. #39
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I hope it isn't too much for Coma to bear.
    Members of the elderly need not be given such emotional shocks.

  15. #40
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Everyone seems to be responding the same.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  16. #41
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,607
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    34,077 (0 Banked)
    Surely theres a film to be made out of this like Social Network.
    20...

  17. #42
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,133
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    6,879 (0 Banked)
    I've never really understood the tendency for people to delete their accounts on their way out. I'm not specifically referring to Coma in this case; it's something I've seen on loads of other sites under similar circumstances. Just seems kind of silly to me.

    Happy about Coma being gone or not, though, the site will be fine, and ultimately the way in which Coma left was entirely his choice.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  18. #43
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrelofMonkeys View Post
    So Coma left the community for good or just the cm role?
    As of now, for good.

    If he does come back, it will be as a member
    LMAO

  19. #44
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,767
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,648 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This was his avatar back in the day:

    I remember when I got on here the first time couldn't stop laughing at this.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  20. #45
    Is being tested on!
    BarrelofMonkeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a box on the corner
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,545
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,605 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    As of now, for good.

    If he does come back, it will be as a member
    As I said before, he was one of my favorites and I will miss him dearly. Though I don't see his reasoning behind this. I am sure that being an admin is still great. He was happy before just being an admin.

    Thanks to Kwesnoth.

  21. #46
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,133
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    6,879 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrelofMonkeys View Post
    As I said before, he was one of my favorites and I will miss him dearly. Though I don't see his reasoning behind this. I am sure that being an admin is still great. He was happy before just being an admin.
    I'm pretty sure, and correct me if I'm wrong, that being an administrator and a Community Manager come with the same general capabilities. The only difference is that a Community Manager essentially has more of a role in directing the site in a certain direction.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  22. #47
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,918
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    69,910 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I'm pretty sure, and correct me if I'm wrong, that being an administrator and a Community Manager come with the same general capabilities. The only difference is that a Community Manager essentially has more of a role in directing the site in a certain direction.
    It's simple. Once you go black, you don't go back.

    Mr. B tried to make him go back, but he couldn't, for he was once black.

  23. #48
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,607
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    34,077 (0 Banked)
    Going from GM to admin is like going from a PS3 to an Xbox...
    20...

  24. #49
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    106,591 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Jeez.. Galv and now Coma. I didn't know that he was gone forever.


  25. #50
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,133
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    6,879 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It's simple. Once you go black, you don't go back.

    Mr. B tried to make him go back, but he couldn't, for he was once black.
    Coma always struck me as a practical kind of guy, though. I wouldn't expect that kind of reaction. It wouldn't have surprised me if he had stepped down as an administrator, but the deletion of his account seems like a bit much.

    None of this matters in the end though. He did great while he was here, and I hope to see him come back as a member someday. For now, I think we've got a good crew on board and the site will be absolutely fine.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.