Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Not how i feel at all, i loved the game, thought they greatly improved from U2, best one yet IMO.

Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins (Vita), Resident Evil 4 HD

Apprentice

In my opinion, the game wasn't rush. Naughty Dog simply rush the ending.

Forum Sage
    I felt that Uncharted 3 was a mixture between Uncharted 1 + 2. Specially because of how they ended the game (I wasn't a big fan of the traditional boss fight they had in the second but people wanted more boss fights so I guess naughtydog added it.) I also remember people complaining about a lot of gunfights for U1 + U2 and apparently based on how some people feel on this forum there weren't enough of.

That really goes to show that you can't please everyone but Uncharted 3 was a good game third game for the series. There hasn't been one Uncharted game that has disappointed me yet...

cant help but be a little bit let down

*SOME POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

i feel like at this point no one can deny the masterpiece that uncharted 2 was as not even naughty dog could top it. The first game will always hold a special place for me because it was my first experience with this world, but i cant help but feel like im going to forget 3. I was disappointed that this was the second time around we were looking for a lost city, and for the second time found one hidden somewhere where the sky is clearly visible. The were many loose ends in the story, and no satisfying resolution for any of the villains or the heros. There were a lot of implied things in this story like drake and elena's engagement but all it did was frustrate me when they never told us what happened to split them up a second time. The new characters seemed to serve no purpose where as in u2 all of them managed to be as interesting and necessary as the original 3. Also, people consistently telling drake that he was doing all this stuff for no reason, but consistently joining him and seemingly not caring made that whole story element seem really pointless.

i never noticed the changes in the gunplay in this game so that never bothered me. It still felt like uncharted which i was happy about. The new melee combat is pretty awesome and brutal sometimes but i can only kick a giant guy in the balls so many times. Was also let down by the lack of extras. Was one of the fun things that reminded me of games from last generation.

Uncharted 3 is still a fantastic game, but when compared to the greatness of uncharted 2 i cant help but notice its faults really easily. If uncharted 4 does happen they need to wait until next gen id say to bring back some of that wow factor.

Master Guru
    Rushed games don't win game of the year and that's just what Uncharted 3 will do. It will win game of the year in a sweep. Naughty Dog has nailed it once again with UC3. What an experience.

Apprentice
    They made a movie (and really, can we cut this shiit where video games have good stories, video games are good playing music or listening to a podcast or watching tv on the other tv to) and you punch a guy and hit triangle for 3 hours, and then go wow, things are dark, and then jump, and then hit triangle, then for 3 hours you shoot guys that run full speed at you and appear behind you and then you hit triangle

It's a huge pile of crap. And I blame the dorks. Let's just get something that looks cool, not dark and then absurdly bright, not some computer programer trying to write the great american novel. I miss the crazy guy stole my girlfriend and I need to go get her (which I only know because I read the booklet while eating cereal) and beat his minions and every 15 minutes or so kill a monster or do something hard, not this, I'm a master storyteller because I went to a tech school and learned C++ nonsense we're getting. Seriously, I'm getting sick of moving more and more towards Metal Gear Solid: cut scenes and slow moving game play

Apprentice
    Can't wait until the novelists that instead of writing decided to work at a computer terminal that are desperately in need of new hardware. Think of the cutscenes we'll get next generation. Wow, it'll be so awesome when I swipe my finger to go into a mini-game

The box I'm behind while a couple dozen guys come at me from all cardinal directions needs to look more realistic. I'm punching buttons too often now. New hardware will mean more new games, more games where I can just put the controller down and watch a dude with an junior college degree rip off a story they saw in a pedestrian movie - can't wait.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Game of the year from many sites.

Deal with it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Game of the year from many sites.

Deal with it.
    Deal with what?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Deal with what?
    Deal with it getting "Game Of The Year" lol.
    Harder for some to swallow than others but I enjoyed 3 the most.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ND have always worked to a 2 year dev cycle. So if U3 is rushed, so was U2 and U1.

12. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ND have always worked to a 2 year dev cycle. So if U3 is rushed, so was U2 and U1.
    What do you think of U3 mate?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

DJDJ
    No where near as simple as that, Look at GT5 that was rushed and not finished and that game took 6 years.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    What do you think of U3 mate?
    I think it's an amazing gaming experience. It is a graphical powerhouse with amazing attention to detail. It perfectly fulfills it's intent of offering a movie like experience in a game. The mo-cap and voice acting being done together makes the story feel natural. The 3D is PERFECT in this game. Sharp, clear and colorful. I haven't had any of the control issues that others have had. 10/10 from me. Same as Batman. I like both games equally, for different reasons.

You?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I think it's an amazing gaming experience. It is a graphical powerhouse with amazing attention to detail. It perfectly fulfills it's intent of offering a movie like experience in a game. The mo-cap and voice acting being done together makes the story feel natural. The 3D is PERFECT in this game. Sharp, clear and colorful. I haven't had any of the control issues that others have had. 10/10 from me. Same as Batman. I like both games equally, for different reasons.

You?
    Thanks pal.
    Haven't bought UC3 yet, got a massive backlog of games to get thru yet

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    You might see I've removed a post above. Don't start calling each other names or fanboys. Keep it sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

18. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDJ View Post
    No where near as simple as that, Look at GT5 that was rushed and not finished and that game took 6 years.
    PD doesn't work on a fit schedule for the GT series.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to believe U3 was rushed seeing how many perfect scores the game got.
    I think all the people whining about this game are people who have never played an uncharted game before.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbx59 View Post
    They made a movie (and really, can we cut this shiit where video games have good stories, video games are good playing music or listening to a podcast or watching tv on the other tv to) and you punch a guy and hit triangle for 3 hours, and then go wow, things are dark, and then jump, and then hit triangle, then for 3 hours you shoot guys that run full speed at you and appear behind you and then you hit triangle

It's a huge pile of crap. And I blame the dorks. Let's just get something that looks cool, not dark and then absurdly bright, not some computer programer trying to write the great american novel. I miss the crazy guy stole my girlfriend and I need to go get her (which I only know because I read the booklet while eating cereal) and beat his minions and every 15 minutes or so kill a monster or do something hard, not this, I'm a master storyteller because I went to a tech school and learned C++ nonsense we're getting. Seriously, I'm getting sick of moving more and more towards Metal Gear Solid: cut scenes and slow moving game play
    Someone has a short attention span ....There are people who enjoy the "whole experience" & then there are people who are a lil A-D-D & cry foul if they don't get a 6 hour non stop fragfest w/ no story , cutscenes etc.. From your post it sounds as if Duke Nukem would be more to your liking...maybe you should avoid UC & go that direction?

Soldier 95B

Just curious.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to believe U3 was rushed seeing how many perfect scores the game got.
    I think all the people whining about this game are people who have never played an uncharted game before.
    You'd be wrong, and no one is whining. People have different opinions, doesn't mean it's whining. I get sick of seeing people label others as whiners because they aren't in the popular opinion pool. No need to post little jabs about others. If someone posted, "I think all the people that think the game is perfect are fanboys"... that'd be wrong and get reported in a heart beat. How about treat people with a little respect regardless of their opinions. It's apparent the staff aren't going to do anything about these little things so it's going to be up to the users to act responsibly and respectfully.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

Just curious.
    How about giving the story some logical flow and either having him die off or continue on with the journey. Him randomly being spared by Marlow and then disappearing halfway into the game is just silly, especially when Chloe is suddenly ejected from the game as well.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    You'd be wrong, and no one is whining. People have different opinions, doesn't mean it's whining. I get sick of seeing people label others as whiners because they aren't in the popular opinion pool. No need to post little jabs about others. If someone posted, "I think all the people that think the game is perfect are fanboys"... that'd be wrong and get reported in a heart beat. How about treat people with a little respect regardless of their opinions. It's apparent the staff aren't going to do anything about these little things so it's going to be up to the users to act responsibly and respectfully.
    My apologies to anyone offended, BUT i will not take back anything I've said since all the complaints I've heard are extremely silly and ridiculous, and in my books that's called whining.

26. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    We need spoilers in here people.

28. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Guru
    They did some changes but i like it as much as the previews ones,some places seem so realistic the gfx and lighting had definitely improved too. I'm in Syria and so far so good
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Thread Information