Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Master Poster

Did Naughty Dog rush this title?

I've only completed like 40%, but I've noticed a couple of things:
    • The aiming is much worse, compared to Uncharted 1&2
    • The AI was supposed to be more realistic by making the enemies move more(rather than stay still in cover like in Uncharted 1&2). But instead of becoming smart and dynamic, the enemies have turned to homicidal and brainless idiots who just run back and forth the battlefield
    • Drake moves much more sensitively and a bit of the feeling of Drake's weight has gone. Especially when you're at the edge of a ledge, you really have to watch for him not to drop
    • When you switch shoulders while aiming, you always return to the right shoulder, contrary to earlier games
    • You can no longer reload with the D-pad arrow
    • Some platforming sections are not done well, for example in the beginning when you're being chased by baddies on rooftops, it's so easy to fall off/miss the rooftop you were jumping for even if you intend to move exactly to the right direction

The main grief:
    The hints and help are REALLY irritating. You're given just 1-2 minutes to solve a puzzle, then you're given the hint option. Nothing bad in the possibility of getting a hint if you select so, but now even if you don't push the hint button, in a couple of seconds Sully will detailedly tell you what to do anyway, not giving you the choice of solving the puzzle yourself. For ex. I was doing a puzzle,(without spoiling, it involves walking on tiles) that I'd just figured out. I was starting to put my solution into action, when Sully states exactly what to do, making all my thinking and puzzlesolving to have been in vain. It's happened three times already, I never solve the puzzles before Sully's already spoiled it. It was good in previous Uncharteds where Sully just gave you a little hint that provided just some help. But now he really calls out detailed solutions to puzzles before you've done them yourself, even if you wanted to solve them on your own. This is REALLY irritating, almost a gamebreaker of sorts. Well, not that serious, but it really takes a lot of fun out of the game.

I am enjoying the game anyway, but it really feels that Naughty Dog didn't have enough time to polish the game. Which is a shame, because I always considered Uncharted's quality to be damn near perfect.

Do you share my feelings?
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

2. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Poster

Did Naughty Dog rush this title?

• The AI was supposed to be more realistic by making the enemies move more(rather than stay still in cover like in Uncharted 1&2). But instead of becoming smart and dynamic, the enemies have turned to homicidal and brainless idiots who just run back and forth the battlefield
    • Drake moves much more sensitively and a bit of the feeling of Drake's weight has gone. Especially when you're at the edge of a ledge, you really have to watch for him not to drop
    • When you switch shoulders while aiming, you always return to the right shoulder, contrary to earlier games
    • Some platforming sections are not done well, for example in the beginning when you're being chased by baddies on rooftops, it's so easy to fall off/miss the rooftop you were jumping for even if you intend to move exactly to the right direction

The main grief:
    The hints and help are REALLY irritating. You're given just 1-2 minutes to solve a puzzle, then you're given the hint option. Nothing bad in the possibility of getting a hint if you select so, but now even if you don't push the hint button, in a couple of seconds Sully will detailedly tell you what to do anyway, not giving you the choice of solving the puzzle yourself. For ex. I was doing a puzzle,(without spoiling, it involves walking on tiles) that I'd just figured out. I was starting to put my solution into action, when Sully states exactly what to do, making all my thinking and puzzlesolving to have been in vain. It's happened three times already, I never solve the puzzles before Sully's already spoiled it. It was good in previous Uncharteds where Sully just gave you a little hint that provided just some help. But now he really calls out detailed solutions to puzzles before you've done them yourself, even if you wanted to solve them on your own. This is REALLY irritating, almost a gamebreaker of sorts. Well, not that serious, but it really takes a lot of fun out of the game.

I am enjoying the game anyway, but it really feels that Naughty Dog didn't have enough time to polish the game. Which is a shame, because I always considered Uncharted's quality to be damn near perfect.

Do you share my feelings?

4. Dislikes floetry is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think they rushed it. I think they concentrated too much on having a game that is watched more than played.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    just beat it... am i missing something or did they completely remove the Bonus Features options? all guns, ammo, different skins, speed up, slow down, mirror world, flip world... i actually enjoyed the mirror world option in the first 2 games since it added a degree of difficulty when replaying it... and how could they leave out the famous "Next-gen Filter."

Wtf?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

7. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    just beat it... am i missing something or did they completely remove the Bonus Features options? all guns, ammo, different skins, speed up, slow down, mirror world, flip world... i actually enjoyed the mirror world option in the first 2 games since it added a degree of difficulty when replaying it... and how could they leave out the famous "Next-gen Filter."

Wtf?
    WTF really? That is lame if so.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I definitely share your feelings about the puzzle + hints

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Am I the only one that gets freezing/slowdown every 10 minutes or so? I haven't been following the reception of this game, so I'm not sure if this is a well-known issue or something.

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Am I the only one that gets freezing/slowdown every 10 minutes or so? I haven't been following the reception of this game, so I'm not sure if this is a well-known issue or something.
    I havent had any problem with slow down or freezing, and i wish sully would help me with puzzles im lucky ive bought the guide got stuck on a few bits lol. *though i mainly bought the guide because it looks so damn cool and for the treasures.

Thank you itachi

Master Poster
    Whaat? Did they remove the Mirror World, Free Gravity, Next-Gen Filter, Slow-mo, too? If they did, I'm gonna return this game immediately after playing it once through.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by [velocity] View Post
    Whaat? Did they remove the Mirror World, Free Gravity, Next-Gen Filter, Slow-mo, too? If they did, I'm gonna return this game immediately after playing it once through.
    well i cant find it if its in there... i beat the game... go to options... extras.... bonus.... nothing.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    First thing I did was go into the game options and turn the hints off, and motion grenades on. The AI has been fine for me, atleast they don't sit behind cover that you have no hope of getting to without dying.
    I'm not sure of the extra game options, will probably have to complete it first and see. Nearly 2 hours in and still no Elena .

PS4 has little to no competition.

Elite Member
    Haven't had the chance to play this yet but all of these negative points everyone is bringing up is starting to worry me.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    EviL_JoE_DirT
    Items Final Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post

Wtf?
    That's my main issue. Removed cause of technical limitations i've heard, which is BS for most of the cheats.

Its still a great game, the co op and multiplayer are better than u2 but not the campaign.
    Games playing: nothing Games anticapating: H-Hour: World's Elite, Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, MGS5, FFXV, FFXIV, FF X HD, Witcher 3, Rime, War Thunder, Dying Light, ME4, Uncharted

Indoril Nerevar
    It's really sounding like ND dropped the ball with this one...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Ive completed the game, took me 10hrs01min. In no way did I ever think anything looked or felt rushed. The presentation was blockbuster movie quality for me. Its probably my fav story in a game Ive ever played. Enjoyed from start to finish. 10/10

Forum Elder
    Without a doubt. In my opinion, pretty much every aspect of the game feels inferior to Uncharted 2. I played the shit out of that game, I completed it 5 times/poured in +100 hours into the MP so it's easy for me to point out what they changed... for the worse.

Story wise...

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by [velocity] View Post
    • Its worse yes, but turn up the sensitivity and its not as bad.
    • AI is kind of wonky in every game, lol
    • I like a lot of his new animations
    • Dont have this issue, i at first thought they removed the switch shoulder function for the first two hours. XD
    • Never used it to begin with.. R2 is much easier to use
    • I only missed my jump once, everything else seemed rather good to me

Granted im only 4/5 hours in, on chapter 12/13.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The only thing that felt rushed to me was and is how easy it is to find hidden treasures. They are all lying in the most obvious locations. Some areas have up to 3 treasures 10ft apart lol.

Apprentice

Well haven't played much but if it's rushed then all games should be, the graphics/animations along with the attention to details is beyond impressive. I have enjoyed every minute of it so far and I applaud Sony for yet another masterpiece.

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The only thing that felt rushed to me was and is how easy it is to find hidden treasures. They are all lying in the most obvious locations. Some areas have up to 3 treasures 10ft apart lol.
    Some of them are hidden in extremely odd places I thought. I have 80 of them so far.
    Last edited by EatSleepAndPlay; 11-06-2011 at 08:03.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    although im disappointed about the extra cheats and options... that in no way lowers the quality of the game for me... its still a 10 imo and as much as i loved UDF and U2 i absolutely LOOOOOVE U3... took me 11hours on first playthrough on Hard mode... im going through it again on easy.. to pick up the 20 treasures i missed... then once more on Crushing to complete platinum... this game deserves 3 or more playthroughs!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Apprentice
    i think we need to undergo the "Crushing Difficulty" mode first before judging the AI. they seem to bring on a pretty solid fight on HARD mode. (at least for me, they're constantly tossing grenades)
    Last edited by lee___radio; 11-04-2011 at 06:12.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Forum Guru
    I disagree. I actually liked this better than the previous.

I think its nitpicking, but you're welcome to your opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Superior Member
    The way enemies move and drake moves sometimes is funky and clunky and weird. I think its because they added a lot more mokap movements into the characters walk that are triggered by different things nearby but the timing aint right most of the time. such as an out stretching arm towards a table your walking by. its done much better in red dead imo. anyone know what im talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché-Skating View Post
    i think charities that help kids with AIDs in Africa are pointless and stupid.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    wtf. it seems the same to me. get past the stupid little things and look at the big picture, the game is fucking awesome

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

29. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information