Latest PSU headlines:

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Mass Effect 3 Closed Beta Leaked To Xbox Live

A closed Mass Effect 3 beta was accidentally leaked by Microsoft on to Xbox Live. It only appeared for those with the upcoming dashboard update preview.

There is a ton of info over on NeoGAF.

That's the title screen.

You can now choose the style of game.

Action Mode: For those who want to emphasize action and combat and minimize story management. Action mode will set automatic replies in conversation and a normal difficulty.

Story Mode: For those who want to emphasize story immersion and minimize combat pressure. Story mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a minimal combat difficulty.

RPG Mode: For those who want to explore both realms of story and combat. RPG mode will set manually-selectable replies in conversation and a normal combat difficulty.

Why do this?

I personally don't understand it because Mass Effect should always play as an RPG.

It uses Origin. Why? No one knows.

It looks pretty but remember, this is VERY early code. It has missing sound effects, textures and animations. This was verified by Bioware:

Hello everyone!

As most of you know by now, this evening an accidental leak occurred of some early Mass Effect 3 beta code. Microsoft has advised us that through human error at their end, content which was meant for internal beta testing was flagged incorrectly and released to individuals who had signed up for the beta of the Xbox Live dashboard update. It has since been taken down and deactivated.

We’d like to stress that the leaked code is in a rough, unfinished state and was not meant for public release. The content is not final, and is not reflective of the quality of the finished, polished game due for release on March 6, 2012 (March 9 in Europe).

One feature that was present in this early build is a set of game play modes that are in development. In the beta code they are referred to as “action mode”, “story mode” and “RPG mode”. We want to stress that these features are still in the early stages of development and will receive considerable iteration and refinement. These modes are designed to give players an even finer degree of control over their game experience than ever before. Whether it be someone who finds the combat difficult but wants to experience the amazing story, someone who wants to focus on the action and combat game play, or fans who want the rich, story-driven RPG Mass Effect experience they’ve come to love – Mass Effect 3 will support all of these options. We’ll have more info in the days ahead!
    Jesse Houston, Bioware.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/8637528

Multiplayer:

It's class based...

... and customisable. It has a whiff of Halo looking at that screen.

There are MANY more screens over on NeoGAF. They even have some videos at the bottom of the post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451016

Thanks NeoGAF!
    Last edited by dc89; 11-05-2011 at 11:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage

Nice find. Yeah I'm not sure why someone would change their type of game play - it just goes to show how much ME has moved (for the worse, imo, still my favourite franchise this generation though) further into the shooter genre.

And as for Origin, here's a mandatory, obligatory, $#@! you EA and your $#@!ty Origin comment.

Super Elite
    Items PS3 FatVita
    It has modes that pretty much plays itself, well the "RPG" parts of it? lol wow. Also, Origins? Piss off EA.
    Proud FFXI Player, Fenrir server.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I don't like this Origin thing really.

It kinda reminds me of Konami ID which pretty much ruined Metal Gear Online due to it's frustrating sign up process.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Sage

Oh god i forgot about Konami ID. MGS4 was fantastic online but that aspect of the game ruined it for me.

But yeah - Origin has been trouble for me on the PC quite annoyed they are trying to integrate it with the PS3/360 now.

Forum Sage

Well, as I probably won't play the multiplayer aspect, Origin is of no concern to me. The game looks $#@!ing awesome though. I will wait until the full release because I want to be wowed with a finished game, not a beta. This has been my most "looked forward to" game since the release of Mass Effect 2. I REALLY want this game, bad.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I was able to download this beta and even play some of the single player mode. It will not let me play anything now as it says "Can not connect to EA servers"

Apprentice
    So they're letting us decide if the game is dumbed down or not? Lol, but the fact that they even included this is worrisome. And what happened to Ashley? She looks awful, as does Kelly Chambers (I'm assuming this is her: http://i.imgur.com/2GnKR.jpg ) Hopefully someone will find a way to mod it on the PC

Nice to see Wrex

Soldier 95B
    Dang, I have the preview/beta app and I missed this? DAMN ME for not being home. Mass Effect 3 looks awesome. They keep getting better and better.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by CushVA View Post
    So they're letting us decide if the game is dumbed down or not? Lol, but the fact that they even included this is worrisome.
    Seconded, I am also most worried about this part.
    Actually no, I'm most worried about Origin, as I have played ME1 and 2 on PC and I know ME3 needs Origin. And I have saves on PC...
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Thread Information