Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    DJDJ

Is anyone else disappointed in Uncharted 3?

For me im just not enjoying it, i enjoyed the first game it was a solid start to the series and LOVED the 2nd and would be easily in my top 5 games this gen.....now this 3rd game...im just not sure about it at all maybe i fell into the hype of the reviews? My main gripes are...............

1: Aiming, WTF is going on here? Dodgy would be putting it mildly.

2: Camera's... again what's going on in confined spaces while enemy's are close by it swings about goes up down left n right leaving you to try and figure out where you are and the badguys.

3: Drake seems to try interact with obstacles but it looks all wrong, it started in the pub right at the start of the game...he puts his hand out to lean against the wall yet he's about 2 or 3 feet away? Things like this happen throughout. Then when he's running up stairs it's as if he's casper the friendly ghost and glides up them?

4: Gameplay seems tired, hasnt moved on and for me so far has gone backwards from 2.

5: AI, after playing Battlefield 3 i didnt think i'd play a game this gen with as bad AI yet just 1 week later the awful AI in U3 is worse! Guys are behind cover then leave it and start running right towards you for an easy kill this is constantly happening with every AI in the game.

Now i only just completed chapter 9 so maybe things like AI and Gameplay get better but i doubt the camera issues as well as aiming get better?
    Last edited by DJDJ; 11-06-2011 at 13:07.

Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm only disappointed in the gunplay. It's not as smooth or fun as Uncharted 2's.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Chapter 9?

/invalid opinions.

The multiplayer gun play is the same as UC2. For me I haven't had any issues, head shots galore.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Nope it's a great game. But they need to freshen it up for the next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    There wont be an Uncharted 4. It will be a racing game.

PS4 has little to no competition.

DJDJ
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Chapter 9?

/invalid opinions.

The multiplayer gun play is the same as UC2. For me I haven't had any issues, head shots galore.
    Not played multiplayer, why is there two different control schemes/gun mechanics?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDJ View Post
    For me im just not enjoying it, i enjoyed the first game it was a solid start to the series and LOVED the 2nd and would be easily in my top 5 games this gen.....now this 3rd game...im just not sure about it at all maybe i fell into the hype of the reviews? My main gripes are...............

2: Camera's... again what's going on in confined spaces while enemy's are close by it swings about goes up down left n right leaving you to try and figure out where you are and the badguys.

3: Drake seems to try interact with obstacles but it looks all wrong, it started in the pub right at the start of the game...he puts his hand out to lean against the wall yet he's about 2 or 3 feet away? Things like this happen throughout. Then when he's running up stairs it's as if he's casper the friendly ghost and glides up them?

4: Gameplay seems tired, hasnt moved on and for me so far has gone backwards from 2.

5: AI, after playing Battlefield 3 i didnt think i'd play a game this gen with as bad AI yet just 1 week later the awful AI in U3 is worse! Guys are behind cover then leave it and start running right towards you for an easy kill this is constantly happening with every AI in the game.

Now i only just completed chapter 9 so maybe things like AI and Gameplay get better but i doubt the camera issues as well as aiming get better?
    I didn't have any of those issues, luckily.

DJDJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I didn't have any of those issues, luckily.
    You must of had the AI issues and the control issues? As far as am aware ND are patching the control's which must mean everyone with retail code has the same issue?

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    You must of had the AI issues and the control issues? As far as am aware ND are patching the control's which must mean everyone with retail code has the same issue?
    I like the controls there good once you give it time

Thank you itachi

Soldier 95B
    There were some dumb AI moments, which I had much worse AI moments in other games...even worse in UC1 and UC2. Controls, no issues at all. Doesn't mean others haven't had issues. I found it improved.

DJDJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I like the controls there good once you give it time
    They cant be good ND are bringing out a patch to fix them.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The story is absolutely amazing with many moments that made me sit back in shock. No disappointment here.

13. Likes sainraja , unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    They cant be good ND are bringing out a patch to fix them.
    Well, you can't tell US what we find good or not, not matter what ND are doing. They are being a good developer and addressing some complaints.

15. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    PSN ID
    TeKn1qe187

1000% agree! These are all my gripes as well. I completely bought into all the hype, as with a few other games this year. I understand this is all a matter of OPINION as their are some out there who have no issues with the mechanics of the game. But I as well as many others loved the first two for what they did so well, i haven't the slightest clue why they would want to change up some of the most important aspects of the game especially being the final of the series?

I'd also like to ask why in all things great did they remove the store with all the bonuses?
    BIG BAD BRUINS FAN--GO BRUINS!!
    Check me out on FB @ https://www.facebook.com/TeKn1qe

Dedicated Member

Well, I understand people will have certain things they find that are a little different but...

I just finished the chateau level and all I can say is WOW. Aside from a few minor hitches, I feel it pretty much, for me is as advertised. I think they did an amazing job. I'm only playing a little of it every so often as to savor it! I believe it's one of the best games I've ever played so far. I felt the same about the second entry too though. It's probably that I'm a big fan and would happily overlook any little glitches more so than in most other games. Lovin' it so far though.

18. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

You read my mind. I keep trying to convince myself that I only have one major gripe.. but the more and more I play, and see others have the same problems with the game, the closer to reality it brings me and makes me admit that these are issues with the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Chapter 9?

/invalid opinions.

Oh please... the game doesn't change from the formula past chapter 9.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Not me.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    People will always find something to complain about. And rightly so, what with all their experience in making big budget, console defining games. So it's not everyones cup of tea and it wasn't quite the second coming of Jesus that some where clearly expecting, it is badass in my books, glorious in 3D and GOTY contender.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    You didn't have any issues with the doubling of the lights Ghost? That's the only negative thing I saw in the 3d. When you see candles, mainly. Very few times I saw a little bit of doubling images, but overall the 3d was a freakin' treat for sure. Some places just had me in awe looking at the scene in 3d compared to the 2d in the same place.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Not really sure what thread to put this in but can someone tell me how to dive deep in water? I found a treasure that you shoot but it falls in water and you can't dive all the way down to get it. I got the treasure but wondering how to dive further for future reference. I couldn't do it in another section. Tried tapping circle and holding nothing seems to work.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

DJDJ
    Another problem im having is there seems to be tons and tons of reeverb on the voices?

Soldier 95B
    Never had those issues DJDJ. That is odd.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Its about what I expected. If you go into the game expecting to see the same advancements as the second over the first, then you may be slightly disappointed. The game is superb to me but not the holy grail some make it out to be. It does have a few flaws like most games do. The game delivers and is definitely a GOTY contender.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Can't say that I've noticed reverb in the voices...

DJDJ
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Can't say that I've noticed reverb in the voices...
    I have to say i think it was due to being indoors, now in Yemen and voices are fine.

Thread Information