View Poll Results: Will you spend $70 for games next gen?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell YES!

    9 17.31%
  • Hell NO!

    43 82.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 82
  1. #51
    Newbie
    HurricaneDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    908 (0 Banked)
    It is easy for many to say "no" then when the games actually come out....they will still get them.

    I already am unhappy with $60 and without Amazon giving me credits for so many games that I buy, I am not sure I would be buying most of the games that I do if I had to actually pay $60 for them all.

    I am sure these discussions have occured with past price increases....but the jump to $70 is, imo, one that the video game industry should think about a bit more, imo.

    I would not be shocked to see the top, top games continue selling well but see almost all others struggle tremendously with such a high price tag.

  2. #52
    Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Aldebaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arabian Deserts
    Posts
    5,053
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    3,194 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    In my country, we buy our video games from one complex that has numerous gaming stores. And believe it or not, they currently sell CoD:MW3 for 134$. That is because it's one of the most(if not the most) games that people frantically buy when released here. The reason for the price is because many people here are rich; parents entrust their kids with irrational amount of money, and because we frequently get hyped games 4~7 days prior official release.

    Otherwise, almost everything here is 70$. And when I say almost everything, I mean stuff ranging from newest PS3/360/Wii/DS/PSP games (yes new DS/PSP games are sold for 70$ while old unwanted games are 40~60$, the same price you pay for your new PS3/360 game) to console accessories like headphones, keyboards, Wii junk..etc. Even those goddamned prepaid cards points, PSN 50$ card is sold for exactly 72$. The same price for the 12-month Xbox Live cards and Wii points. Because they know very well that we can't get our credit cards accepted in any of those consoles. GoTY editions get no discount. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold them for a higher price for the containment of all DLCs in that edition.

    Why? Because here people buy regardless of these maddening prices.
    Who I Am
    _________

    Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

  3. #53
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    I don't buy new. I wait for the price to drop to $40 or less unless it is a title I feel deserves my support like Lost Odyssey.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  4. #54
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,160
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    21,366 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    No, because I'm going PC at this point. Uncharted 3 may very well be my last console game. It's cheaper in the end.
    Having been a PC gamer from '90-'07 I'd have to laugh at that statement. By far, PC gaming was a much much more expensive activity when you include the costs of upgrades needed to stay even close to up to date on a gaming rig. I spent more on average on PC upgrades per year than I do on the 20ish games I buy a year on my PS3.

    That said, I won't be spending $70/game like I don't spend $60/game now. Maybe 2-3 games a year I've averaged spending close to retail on the rest I average around $30/game.



  5. #55
    Super Elite
    We Are Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    1,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Probably not. I would almost always wait for the price to drop, unless it's a game I've been really anticipating and has good reviews all around.
    Co-signed. Unless it's an epic title, I'll wait for a price drop or a used copy. Gaming is an expensive hobby.

    ^ Shaundi:
    Saints Row 3 version
    Consoles: PS3 / PS2 / PS1 / 360 / Xbox / Gamecube / N64 / Dreamcast / Saturn
    Games: Collection (**Updated 2/24/11**)
    PSN ID: Weareninja

  6. #56
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,540
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    107,932 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Where's the option for $#@! NO.

    I think if development goes higher, we will just start seeing more DD and that will be the saving grace of this industry because they can charge us half the price and still make more profits than they do now.

  7. #57
    Apprentice
    chumdiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    4,672 (0 Banked)
    Nope. Not a chance.

    I understand that with more game data pumped into each title of a new generation console it takes more time and such but I cringe when I fork over $65 (with tax).

    If next gen games are 70, I wont buy them new or I will flat out avoid the new gen until they come down, if they come down. 60 is my limit, especially seeing how they rip us off with DLC and online codes and $#@!. Its pathetic.

  8. #58
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,707
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,386 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Having been a PC gamer from '90-'07 I'd have to laugh at that statement. By far, PC gaming was a much much more expensive activity when you include the costs of upgrades needed to stay even close to up to date on a gaming rig. I spent more on average on PC upgrades per year than I do on the 20ish games I buy a year on my PS3.
    See how your posts doesn't deter mine? I already explained why it's cheaper for me anyways, and even if it wasn't, I'm getting a far better bang for my buck.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  9. #59
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,772
    Rep Power
    143
    Points
    84,790 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The more that I think about it, I really don't think that the games will go up next gen. Could be wrong but I hope I'm right. Seriously will be hard to drop 70 bucks on a game.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  10. #60
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    999 (0 Banked)
    well i would pay a extra 10 bucks for the latest game lol :P

  11. #61
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,795
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,683 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Having been a PC gamer from '90-'07 I'd have to laugh at that statement. By far, PC gaming was a much much more expensive activity when you include the costs of upgrades needed to stay even close to up to date on a gaming rig. I spent more on average on PC upgrades per year than I do on the 20ish games I buy a year on my PS3.

    That said, I won't be spending $70/game like I don't spend $60/game now. Maybe 2-3 games a year I've averaged spending close to retail on the rest I average around $30/game.
    I disagree, since getting back into PC gaming early last year (only after a 4 year break) I find I'm able to buy many more games on PC than I would if I bought on console. I've bought ~100 games in the last 18 months. I would've have been able to do that on either console. PC gaming does cost more to set up but personally I find it evens out over a long stage and as rapture said, I feel I get more from my money


    BBK Is Tapatalking

  12. #62
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Do people remember when games used to cost way more than 60$? And thats not including inflation. Thank god for discs.

    Still i would hope the price doesn't increase!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #63
    Dedicated Member
    Equinoqs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Appalachian Mtns.
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    16,535 (0 Banked)
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I answered "Yes", but it's not a "Hell yes". I'm a gamer, so I'm willing to pay $70 for next-gen games. However, the games will have to be WORTH my $70. Not for 64-person multiplayer or 3-D or a 20-hour play time, but for the exhilaration that a good game gives me. Last gen had far more games that enjoyable than the current gen has had.

  14. Likes Aldebaran likes this post
  15. #64
    Apprentice
    AhhYuKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    1,070 (0 Banked)
    Nope. I'm thinking about doing Gamefly and limiting my purchases, so paying $70 will definitely not happen.

  16. #65
    Newbie
    JStormz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,120 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    PS1 games were $40, PS2 games $50, PS3 games $60, and so we can only assume next gen games will be $70 brand new.

    Will you go to walmart and gamestop and spend $70 on brand new games or will you go another route like buying used or online?
    Actually ps1 games were $50 same with Sega, but I think they dropped to $40 at the end of its life cycle

  17. #66
    Elite Member
    FatesServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    9,500 (0 Banked)
    Depends on the game, and the time of release. If it's a major title that I am really looking forward to, then yes, I would probably buy a game or two a year at $70. For the most part, however, at $70 a pop, I would probably just start buying used games. I don't like spending money, and the $60 per game price tag already is painful for me. Being realistic though, I am a gamer, so I know that I would still buy at least a few games a year at full price tag value. Now, if prices did shoot up to $70, but collector's editions stayed at $99, I think we would see a massive boost in collector's editions sold.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

  18. Likes Aldebaran likes this post
  19. #67
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    $70 is only logical as we have inflation. I'll buy $70 new as I don't buy a lot of games. For games that I feel aren't worth the $70, I'll simply buy it new when the price drops to $40
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  20. #68
    Master Poster
    Metal Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,034
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    10,094 (0 Banked)
    Hell yes, no problem. We've been paying €60-70 for games since the PS1 generation, and the NES games were even more expensive. Gaming hasn't really got more expensive over here. The PS2 was even €500+ at launch.

  21. #69
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by JStormz View Post
    Actually ps1 games were $50 same with Sega, but I think they dropped to $40 at the end of its life cycle
    My bad, I didn't know that.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  22. #70
    Forum Guru
    floetry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,955
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    15,378 (0 Banked)
    n64 games were 60 too. I remember because I anted to get starwars n my dad had me choose iggys reckin balls because it was 39.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"



  23. #71
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    206 (0 Banked)
    yes ofcourse, i love games

  24. #72
    Forum Guru
    floetry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,955
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    15,378 (0 Banked)
    games will still be 60, seeing how there will be no discs next gen. This will make it cheaper to produce games, imo. Making propitiatory cards, and download.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"



  25. #73
    Dedicated Member
    Zswordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tacoma
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    1,557 (0 Banked)
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    nah, I'll just become a pirate if games ever go to 70.

  26. #74
    Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Aldebaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arabian Deserts
    Posts
    5,053
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    3,194 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    there will be no discs next gen.
    Who I Am
    _________

    Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

  27. #75
    Master Poster
    Beast of Bourbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Blighttown
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,492
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    12,084 (0 Banked)
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    No chance in hell that discs will disappear in the next generation.

    OT - just saw an ad today "Skyrim Steelbook Edition 55"
    So my statement still stands, noone would have to buy games for 70.
    If a store had it for 70 another would make it 60 just to get more sales.

    Every now and then free market economy works in our favour

    P.S. damn now i feel tempted to pick it up after work.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.