Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Trying not to repeat anyone else's points but here are a few of mine.

1. On night levels, use a nightvision scope on your weapon. (makes sense doesnt it?) It's not like its impossible to see without it, but sometimes it gives you the edge when picking out opponents and thus giving you an advantage in a firefight.

2. C4! Can be used to take out tanks if there are no nearby engineers, either by setting up a trap ore (more riskily) sprinting out to a tank when its not facing you to place 2-3 charges on it. C4 is also brilliant for defending charges/flags.

3. When possible use a bipod for your sniper rifle or LMG. does wonders for accuracy and overcoming the effects of recoil.

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wa-Z View Post
    So what is the purpose of the laser sight? I feel like it gives your position away and that's it...
    Equip laser, then play in a normal server. Then turn it off with the upper direction button on the D-pad.

Keep pressing up and watch the crosshairs closely, you will notice the difference.

If you like to shoot sometimes without aiming down the sights or scope then it's for you, otherwise drop it for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Whats one of the best and most accurate weapon for the support class?
    How can I improve aiming as I really hate it?
    If you want accuracy then don't go with the really heavy machine guns such as M60/PKP or anything with 7.62 x 5.5mm bullets. In fact, even the quick fire rate M240 isn't accurate.

Go with the default weapon for support, most accurate.

As far as improving aim with the support class. Practice putting your bipod down as quick as possible...sometimes it's not best to put it down, you will learn from trial and error. At other times, the time it took you to put the bipod down while the enemy is shooting at you, will be well worth it.

Remember guys, ANYTHING that is at your gun's height, the bipod can be put on it, just go close to it and try to aim and try to position yourself differently to keep checking if it will let you put on the bipod.

Most things I have been able to put the bipod on...even railings! Once that $#@!er is up, it's like carrying a mobile turret. You can be a monster with it.

Once you're good with aiming and stuff, move onto the bigger guns and practice with their recoil.
    Last edited by Omar; 11-09-2011 at 18:53.

Dedicated Member
    Unlock the thermal sight for your battletank, every mine and enemy really stands out as pure white, especially good for seeing campers waiting for you in the bushes with a rpg.Pure rapage.
    PSN = prison_inmate

5. Likes Omar likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by krazey2k View Post
    Thats why you can turn both the Laser and Flashlight off
    What buttons do you press to do that?. I remember trying to turn them off but I was unable to?.

Just started this game..long way to unlock stages

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    What buttons do you press to do that?. I remember trying to turn them off but I was unable to?.
    up on d-pad.

also, if you turn off a laser or a flashlight, your secondary gun's laser or flashlight will also turn off. so basically you can't have flashlight/laser ON on one weapon and not the other...you have to either turn it off for both or turn both on.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    Anyone know what the best controls are for jets and helicopters? The default one make them really hard to use.
    <br>
    lefty for jets helis havent used them<br>
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    like said above, spot, spot spot!!! <br>
    <br>
    grenades don't do any damage to tanks, don't waste your nades<br>
    <br>
    don't always run, if you don't run, you don't show up on the radar screen.
    <br>
    <br>
    Correct!!! spot soldiers and tanks so pilots like myself can find them on ground and gun them down with machine gun.. And your wrong about the grenade thing. i disabled a tank with one grenade once. i threw the grenade at the back of the tank and maybe it went under the tank. But im not sure about that. <br>
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wa-Z View Post
    So what is the purpose of the laser sight? I feel like it gives your position away and that's it...
    when the lasers on you have hip fire accuraccy bonus. when its off you don;t have any hip fire accuracy.<br>
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Equip laser, then play in a normal server. Then turn it off with the upper direction button on the D-pad. <br>
    <br>
    Keep pressing up and watch the crosshairs closely, you will notice the difference. <br>
    <br>
    If you like to shoot sometimes without aiming down the sights or scope then it's for you, otherwise drop it for something else.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    If you want accuracy then don't go with the really heavy machine guns such as M60/PKP or anything with 7.62 x 5.5mm bullets. In fact, even the quick fire rate M240 isn't accurate. <br>
    <br>
    Go with the default weapon for support, most accurate.<br>
    <br>
    As far as improving aim with the support class. Practice putting your bipod down as quick as possible...sometimes it's not best to put it down, you will learn from trial and error. At other times, the time it took you to put the bipod down while the enemy is shooting at you, will be well worth it.<br>
    <br>
    Remember guys, ANYTHING that is at your gun's height, the bipod can be put on it, just go close to it and try to aim and try to position yourself differently to keep checking if it will let you put on the bipod. <br>
    <br>
    Most things I have been able to put the bipod on...even railings! Once that $#@!er is up, it's like carrying a mobile turret. You can be a monster with it. <br>
    <br>
    Once you're good with aiming and stuff, move onto the bigger guns and practice with their recoil.
    cool point<br><br><br><br>Now for newcomers to jets. If you wanna own in the air you have to be able to use machine gun effectively. Once thats nailed down you wanna always be behind your enemies at all times. You never want to be in front of them lol. So far im the most skillful flyer yet. With over 400 kills in the jet and i just recently got my first real death by another jet. a couple days ago. Usually i get get killed by stingers or hellis with overload of lock ons. <br><br><br>Another tip in when your flying you can hit down on the d pad and hold. You will look in first person around the $#@!pit. I use this to scan my airfield.
    Last edited by jocomat9; 11-09-2011 at 22:29.
    "There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

10. Likes Omar likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    grenades don't do any damage to tanks, don't waste your nades
    I don't know if they no longer do hurt tanks, but in BC2 I actually blew up a tank with a nade once. I mainly play engineer, but was assault at the time and had nothing better to try and kill it with. I was just really lucky, it must have been on 1% health or something... So unless it has been changed, they may still hurt the tank a little... but yeah you're right. It is a waste.

On a side note, I hate that you can no longer cook nades. But you can prolong throwing them. If you press the nade button, then hold fire you'll not throw the nade straight away... can be helpful in trying to line up the right angle.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I don't know if they no longer do hurt tanks, but in BC2 I actually blew up a tank with a nade once. I mainly play engineer, but was assault at the time and had nothing better to try and kill it with. I was just really lucky, it must have been on 1% health or something... So unless it has been changed, they may still hurt the tank a little... but yeah you're right. It is a waste.

On a side note, I hate that you can no longer cook nades. But you can prolong throwing them. If you press the nade button, then hold fire you'll not throw the nade straight away... can be helpful in trying to line up the right angle.
    I hate it too, so many times I have thrown a nade right at the wall in front of me, until I learned I need to aim first then throw.

I have had lots of people try and grenade me while in a tank and it doesn't seem to do anything to my tank.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I hate it too, so many times I have thrown a nade right at the wall in front of me, until I learned I need to aim first then throw.

I have had lots of people try and grenade me while in a tank and it doesn't seem to do anything to my tank.
    I think if you had the ability to cook nades they would be very OP, nades are hard enough as it is to get away from most of the time.

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    If you end up in a room where everyone on the other team is level 10 or higher and everyone on you team is under 10...just save yourself the frustration and quit...

That's my tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I use lefty for jets, other one as default.

For helis, I use southpaw with lefty. Works for me.

THIS! don't run, you show up on the map, I should know I use mortar a lot.

Also, using suppressor can be good if you're into stealth...well for obvious reasons but again, you won't show up on the map (I think, I haven't tested this yet but it would make sense).

I noticed that whenever I play rush and I go slow, I do way better...and it's much more enjoyable. Once you get into that mode where you just wanna rush and die...it's hard to stop that and you will likely lose.

There are times when you NEED to rush because your teammates are too dumb but generally speaking.
    yup i use suppressors on all my weapons, i dont show up on the mini map when when firing. helpful if you only play hardcore and dont want to give away your spot...but then your team spawns on you and $#@!s everything up!

16. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Actually grenades do damage vehicles, just not so much...I have disabled vehicles with them. One easy way to see what damages what...is that if the X mark shows up when you shoot at it with a particular weapon, that means the vehicle was damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by jocomat9 View Post
    <br>
    lefty for jets helis havent used them<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Correct!!! spot soldiers and tanks so pilots like myself can find them on ground and gun them down with machine gun.. And your wrong about the grenade thing. i disabled a tank with one grenade once. i threw the grenade at the back of the tank and maybe it went under the tank. But im not sure about that. <br>
    <br>
    when the lasers on you have hip fire accuraccy bonus. when its off you don;t have any hip fire accuracy.<br>
    <br>
    cool point<br><br><br><br>Now for newcomers to jets. If you wanna own in the air you have to be able to use machine gun effectively. Once thats nailed down you wanna always be behind your enemies at all times. You never want to be in front of them lol. So far im the most skillful flyer yet. With over 400 kills in the jet and i just recently got my first real death by another jet. a couple days ago. Usually i get get killed by stingers or hellis with overload of lock ons. <br><br><br>Another tip in when your flying you can hit down on the d pad and hold. You will look in first person around the $#@!pit. I use this to scan my airfield.
    good information about the jets (didn't know about the $#@!pit look, I always wondered how to do it...cause it would be helpful. if you ever have more tips, please do share, i'm new with jets and trying to get better at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    yup i use suppressors on all my weapons, i dont show up on the mini map when when firing. helpful if you only play hardcore and dont want to give away your spot...but then your team spawns on you and $#@!s everything up!
    nice. i usually walk now instead of running a lot, i feel like i can spot an enemy faster this way too. i'm totally going SD with all of my guns.

I was taking a flag in a tank yesterday and scanned the skies for the two jets which were passing over to the east. While looking up at the sky I forgot to look down which gave an engineer time to fire off his last two RPG's. AND THEN............

I was at 100% before they hit me and I know they were his last two because he then chucked a nade at me.

BANG.

While I wouldn't throw one at a tank normally if it's disabled then it makes sense to have a go. You will at least kill the driver as he jumps out.

Loving this game as I have played it for one day 3 hours so far and still cant decide which class I like. But only now am I starting to control the flying and only crash every 3 out of 5.

On the oil terminal map(??) I spawned on a roof near the offices and locked on to a jet shooting it down. It crashed into the offices taking out the squad about to retake the flag. Along with all the other points, ribbons etc that flashed up HEAD SHOT was the one that made me laugh.

Epic moments like this make me glad I bought it.
    Learning how to fly is easy.
    Climb to the top of a mountain.
    Throw yourself at the ground.
    Miss.

www.myspacemusic.com/soundcorp92

www.youtube.com/user/soundcorp92

http://soundcloud.com/groups/soundcorp

PHAT boy gone slim
    Quote Originally Posted by shadebathe View Post
    On the oil terminal map(??) I spawned on a roof near the offices and locked on to a jet shooting it down. It crashed into the offices taking out the squad about to retake the flag. Along with all the other points, ribbons etc that flashed up HEAD SHOT was the one that made me laugh.

Epic moments like this make me glad I bought it.
    I managed a headshot whilst using the mortar the other night, must be the ultimate headache!

My tip for using the mortar - scan the map, look for campers around objectives. Also don't forget to use the smoke attachment!

C4 is good against tanks - sneak up behind them and plant a couple on the body, run away then pull the trigger.

Medics are good - if you play as one, run around like a headless chicken reviving - same points as a kill plus you get back a respawn ticket for your side. Had a game the other night, couple medics running around and out team finished with over 300 tickets left.
    Last edited by RobJackson85; 11-10-2011 at 18:25.
    http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Surpressor and IR scope with AEK means I am beast. Team dies in front of me I kill weak guy and revive everyone.

Never knew reviving gave tickets back. Was wondering how one game we got over 300 tickets. I am almost content with medic and may go support. RPG and prone machine gun like a nub lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Overseer
    You mean RKP

Yea I love that IR scope...very useful looking through smoke, light, and all sorts of things like lasers...etc.

People don't realize how important the assault class is in conquest and especially when attacking in Rush. You get your tickets back and you practically can save your entire team by just throwing a stupid medic box.

PHAT boy gone slim
    People don't realize how important the assault class is in conquest and especially when attacking in Rush. You get your tickets back and you practically can save your entire team by just throwing a stupid medic box.
    Last night was the first time I really tried this class, I think it works best on the smaller maps. I will be using this from now on though.
    http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    thats all i use now, the IR scope on a suppressed M4A1. i like how when you die scoped in, the kill cam stays glowing.

ok here's a tip, use squad suppress or the normal suppress to reduce the disorienting effects when being shot at. on grand bazaar, the alley way is where i go HAM because with the sqd supp all i have to do is pop out, see any glowy's shoot or duck back in and whip out the rpg/smaw if there are multiple targets.

in squad deathmatch, FLANK!!! dont always spawn on your squad, random spawn and use your team as bait to go around! i always....always go above 20 kills when i play sqd tdm because other squads are so focused to clear a pathway that they forget to watch there backs. easy kill for me plus now i've unlocked the USAS! i got 100kills with the gun within 3 maps! it is so fun to use but you have to be mindful of how many slugs you have left in a clip. dont always reload, thats what a secondary weapon is for

Forum Overseer
    and what the $#@! is up with those frag buckshots LOL. I was like, a mothafakin tank up in here?

that thing is so freaking deadly! I wanna play with shotties now just to unlock the frag upgrade.

Forum Overseer
    So I've been playing more and more with jets and it's a lot of fun. Just remember NOT to play with them in hardcore mode, they're worthless.

I've been doing this one thing that has completely been helping out my team and I actually became MVP as a pilot in one of the games.

Basically, you can take out any vehicle with your jet gun (it's more powerful than even pod rockets). Basically what you do is look towards the area where enemy will be (in case of rush, look for where they spawn) and press select button to spot any enemies or vehicles...then shoot in that general direction with rockets and if there's a vehicle, take it out with your gun.

I've destroyed a lot of mines this way too! Make sure you keep pounding the place where your teammates plant the bomb...and keep the bombardment up...it will not only keep them away from defending the spots, you will successfully take out tanks, which means crippling their defense.

It's been so effective, I can't say any other vehicle is better if you know what you're doing. Just remember to keep spotting and keep shooting their base. Don't worry about their jets or choppers unless you have time. I've been having a lot of fun this way and have been finally getting kills. A jet can take out a tank in one full round of its gun (if right on the spot)...or at least disable the tank.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    the frag buckshots are ok but they are too distracting

Veteran
    Both laser sight and tactical light are extremely helpful on close range, but really does blow your cover on mid/long range.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    i hate the flashlight with a passion! but...but if i could equip it with a suppressor, i wouldnt mind using that stadium light. i do use it on my secondary weapons. makes for a fun pistol whipping action

Superior Member
    On a map like Damavand Peak which has a bottleneck such as the tunnel, if you're caught in a frenzy of random bullets, rockets and your team has only one base, go prone in a bush somewhere and bring out the MAV (Recon class, unlock around 45000 recon score).

I did this again last night to great effect, spotting guys throughout the tunnel, also the ones that were reaching our base and the ones preparing to enter the tunnel from their end. Flying around like some caffeinated ghost. With the game half gone, I unleashed my MAV (the sexual flying Cyberwoman head) and got over 40 motion sensor assists & spot bonuses. Seemed to get my team into gear, infantry guys taking out folk near our base & RPG'ing into the tunnel at marked tanks, guy in a chopper on my team taking out heavies at the far end. Deactivated her (my beloved MAVwina) a few times to snipe some of the guys I'd spotted and get a couple of captures. We won the match with 30-something tickets left after previously trailing roughly 190-90. Received 8 eight surveillance efficiency ribbons, a sniper rifle ribbon, one for accuracy, one for squad spawns, one for playing conquest, one for winning. This is how to play Recon properly, ROIGHT?

Also, to guys struggling to get their Recon score up high (I have a couple of guys on my friends list who can't crack it), use the UMP45 with either suppressor or IR on levels like Seine Crossing, Operation Metro and perhaps surprisingly Caspian Border & Kharg Island (but only if you're using vehicles to get here & there). And place a spawn beacon cleverly, it really makes a difference. Sneak as far into enemy territory as possible, run out to the side and get it down. I went from 10,000 to 100,000 pretty quickly. The M40A5 is a great bolt-action rifle available at 104,000, then there's the M98B (the grandaddy B-A rifle) at 160,000 which you can easily use the M40A5 to reach, these two being the main rifles in Recon worth getting into bed with, in my opinion.

30. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information