Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style

What do you think about Skyrim after playing it a bit? (No Spoilers)

Personally, this is one of the few games this gen that has amazed me. I mean, compared to Oblivion this game just stomps all over it I think. The atmosphere in this game is absolutely fantastic, the music in the game is awesome and does tend to get stuck in my head from time to time. I have had the occasional freeze, about 2 freeze while playing it from the evening throughout the night. HAHA! My wife took the controller from me because she wanted to try it out and she isn't that much into games. She just went up to gamestop right now to pick up a copy for herself.

So far my experience with this gem of a game has been absolutely fantastic. I mean, compared to Oblivion this game is kind of a leap I think. While the characters may seem dry(I wouldn't really expect to much because in games like this it's hard to pull off good emotion) they are not even close to what Oblivion was in terms of dryness with the conversations and whatever else. The characters do seem kind of loose in that to me they don't seem robotic as they do in Oblivion.

The skill tree I think is also brilliant in how they designed it, I haven't really gotten anywhere other then one skill up the tree with 4 other skills I've been working on but I was looking at everything and it seems very well designed. That's all I can really say about the game without spoiling it even if it's early but the reactions some of the enemies give you is funny sometimes. The magic and for some reason the combat all in general seems to be a heck of a lot better compared to Oblivion.

This isn't really a review I'm trying to write, just what my experiences are and what I think of the game so far. What's your take on this game and how do you feel about it?

edited: I do think the game with 100% certainty will take GoTY. most definitely.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-13-2011 at 19:30.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I love the way they fixed the things I hated about Oblivion.
    The world has more life to it, the NPCs don't feel so robotic. Dare I say I even remember their names because they seem to all have their own personality.
    I like the overhaul to the skills and stats system and that I can get my ass handed to me as not everything is my equal.
    Loads more to add but too busy playing.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

I think it's awesome so far and I've only played for about two hours. I must say I was really wowed by Oblivion when it released too. But this is leaps and bounds ahead, and it should be considering it's releasing much further into the consoles lifespan. The game sucks you in for hours, and I can see that I will be losing track of time for quite a while with this one! The only problem I have is that I also have so many other games and I have to try and play a bit of all of them and just can't seem to find the time! I highly recommend Skyrim to anyone who's a fan of a deep, engrossing, RPG or anyone who is a fan of Dungeons and dragons as this is what I always wanted that to be like back before there were even computer games! How far they have come!

Superior Member
    Be interesting to hear more of these thoughts as it is a game i think i will look into after i am finished with Demons Souls.
    TFIGEGKTB

Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game is easily GoTY. I'm sorry, but it just is. I've seen a fraction of the world but I've done so much. Guards aren't omniscient and enemies actually pose a threat. NPCs aren't these terrible robots any longer. They actually have some persoanltiies and emotion, and everyone doesn't sound the same. I level up with how I play, and I don't feel the presure to force my character to do what I don't to do just to get stronger. I've had children run up to me after seeing me cast maigc, one of them aksing for me to turn him invisible. I've seen giants hearding mammoths, and have a man approach them offering a cow. I've ran across ancient ruins inhabited by the dead or bandits, and been forced tp flee to save my ass from the powerful foes.

And now, I'm sitting inside an old emperor's mind having a casual chat with....

I am not disappointed.
    Last edited by Rapture; 11-12-2011 at 20:00.

Dedicated Member
    I already have a copy of the game, but I won't be going home to play it for quite some time... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PSN ID
    thoughts_denied
    i love the updated textures and AA seems better. the fuckin' huge environment in which you can delve into for infinite amount of hours and unlimited quests and shit. i think its a 10/10. great upgrade from oblivion. though missing some key spots they could have worked or touched up on, which lets be honest. every game company has that problem but im not saying they're lazy, i applaud what they pulled off in this game with the time they had.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    To keep it short: This is honestly one of my personal contenders for GOTY. I was up till 12 PM playing this, I hate when games make me stay up all night >_>

Bug-wise this is probably bethesdas best game, I dont know how many hours, as far as I know I haven't hit a bug yet.

EDIT: Not much info about this game out there, but how do you cure yourself of diseases? I got some Rockjoint that loses my melee 25%.. No clue how to cure it.
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-13-2011 at 03:36.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    To keep it short: This is honestly one of my personal contenders for GOTY. I was up till 12 PM playing this, I hate when games make me stay up all night >_>

Bug-wise this is probably bethesdas best game, I dont know how many hours, as far as I know I haven't hit a bug yet.

EDIT: Not much info about this game out there, but how do you cure yourself of diseases? I got some Rockjoint that loses my melee 25%.. No clue how to cure it.
    Pray at a shrine. I think there's one in Whiterun.

This game is amazing.

I just defeated my first dragon (the scripted one). I was a little overleveled, so it wasn't as heart-pounding as it probably should have been, but it was still awesome.

Before that I broke away from the main story for a few hours to just go wander around. If not for the fact that I needed to finish a certain point of the story to buy a house, I might have not gotten back to the main story for weeks. There's just so much else to do, it's unbelievable.

Haven't had any freezes since the very beginning of the game (stuck for about 10-15 seconds).

It's just, amazing. And this is from someone who really disliked Oblivion. I don't see how this isn't the GOTY.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This game is easily GoTY. I'm sorry, but it just is. I've seen a fraction of the world but I've done so much. Guards aren't omniscient and enemies actually pose a threat. NPCs aren't these terrible robots any longer. They actually have some persoanltiies and emotion, and everyone doesn't sound the same. I level up with how I play, and I don't feel the presure to force my character to do what I don't to do just to get stronger. I've had children run up to me after seeing me cast maigc, one of them aksing for me to turn him invisible. I've seen giants hearding mammoths, and have a man approach them offering a cow. I've ran across ancient ruins inhabited by the dead or bandits, and been forced tp flee to save my ass from the powerful foes.

I am not disappointed.

I'm just blown away by what you just TOLD us let alone what it would be like to experience it myself.

It's damn fine game indeed.

However, I'm a bit overwhelmed with the sheer amount of content. My gf seems to have a funner time just straightforwarding the game whilst I get bogged down by all the little details in this humongous game. I restart constantly because I'm never satisfied with my character.

That aside, I still play it constantly.
    NapoleonM249

Elite Member
    Square trees is what i think of Skyrim.

I'm enjoying it at the moment though but it didn't feel like when I first play Oblivion, and sometime it remind me of Rage MEG-MEG-MEGAAA texture. Bethesda devs are either very clever or skilled in optical illusions.

here goes 80+ hours again...

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    honestly, i'd say it's one of the greatest games ever made. even working on weapons is fun. my ass hurts i've been sitting around playing it so long. ZERO problems with it. no freezes, no weird glitches. no framerate hiccups which is blowing my mind

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I agree with what everyone has said.

My playtime is only about 4.5 hours but its just so addicting. Having a world this vast and open to explore in any way I see fit is just spot on.

My only problem is the lack of really good hairstyles... I'm playing as a female Nord who looks pretty cool ( I often play as females in games when I have a choice because you can't in most game) and most of my exploring, same as with Oblivion, is done in 3rd person.

Anyway, I actually have the game paused right now... shit is like crack

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This bitch cant arrive soon enough Luckily I have another form of crack (BF3) and AC:R on friday to tide me over till it comes. Fuck it looks amazing...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Ultimate Veteran
    Wow, I was on the fence about this game but I think I'll get it after all. Sounds like the world is "alive" and challenging. I'm glad I checked into this thread. Bethesda, you're getting more of my money lol
    20 MB signatures are, in fact, not acceptable. Please adhere to the rules. Thanks.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Yes itīs a great game. It seems that Bethesda hit the nail with the engine this time. Its still the old one from Oblivion and Fallout 3 but it runs so much smoother then the previous one. No real heavy gamebreaking Bugs so far, NPCs have much more life and realism, great graphical atmosphere, great sound and music, a much better skillsystem and map navigation and so on. This is really a masterpiece and thats how Oblivion should have been.

Apprentice

GOTY? Pffftt...please. Game of the fuck#($ ever! This is game is so awesome I cant describe it. I usually play games 1 hour a day, two if its something special like uncharted 3 or batman. This game, I cant stop playing it, and when I do stop, I cant stop thinking about it, and so I jump back on. Hours fly by and I only complete small misc quests. I hire companions and raid caves and dungeons, levelling up. On the way, so many awesome things happen, interesting ppl I talk to, new quests get added, so on and so on, its doing my head in.

I havnt even done any of the main quest (I still havnt even visited the greybeards or whatever)...oh by the way, their voice thing after beating the first dragon was the single coolest event in world gaming.

Also, dual destruction casting.....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I just finished the Companions quest line and it was good. Took over 6 hours for the entire thing and that was just one guild.. There is so much in the world. I am going to continue main quest line for a while. Got attacked by a random white dragon and was able to beat it. Can not wait to dip into the housing and marriage part.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member

I agree with everyone! This is a pretty bad-ass game, super addicting as well. I like how everyone plays it and has a different experience with it. I had to go out last night and I had about 2 hours to get into it before leaving, I was about this close to just cancellening all plans and staying in! Oh man. It's a good thing this didn't come out before I was married or I never would have met my wife! LOL!!

Superior Member
    Everything that bothered me about Oblivion (which I still thought was a good game) has been fixed in this incredible game! Just exploring the world is fun even when not directly related to a quest.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    How does it compare to Dark Souls? I know they are different games but I'd still like to hear some opinions.

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    Not much to say about the game, I'm absolutely enjoying my time with it. Probably one of the best games I've played during the crazy month of November. Keep in mind I still havent bought any of the top games released this month, like Arkham and UC3. Skyrim will be in my PS3 for awhile.

It even pulled me away from Battlefield 3. That's how good it is. Also, its keeping me away from MW3.

I enjoyed Oblivion but I got bored even before I reached half of my save. In Skyrim though, I love it! I started a new character because my first one didn't suit the way how I wanted to play. Now on my second character, and still enjoying it!

Thread Information