Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Police tyranny dealing with OWS demonstrations.

Some interesting stories:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Kristof
    Police pushing us reporters back again here at 6th and Grand. They've pulled out plastic handcuff ties. #OWS
    @NickKristof

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Borowitz
    NYPD suggests Occupy Wall Street move its protest elsewhere, "like Syria." #OWS
    @BorowitzReport

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hudson
    Tear gas, riot police, sound cannons and even beatings - NYPD evicts the Occupy protesters in a way totally fitting to totalitarian regimes.
    @twostraws

Quote Originally Posted by Simon HB
    Apparently the NYPD have destroyed the donated library at #ows - I don't think you need a metaphor, but crushing 5000 books might be one.
    @norock

Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

Isn't there something in the American constitution about the right to freely assemble? Wonder what happened to that. This is the New World Order at their finest folks.

2. Likes Enthroll wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Existence420
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Some interesting stories:

@NickKristof

@BorowitzReport

@twostraws

@norock

Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

Isn't there something in the American constitution about the right to freely assemble? Wonder what happened to that. This is the New World Order at their finest folks.

and i dont see anything wrong with this cause this is what the people ask for.

noone every ask why the cop must be in riot gear, when the people have no weapons on them.

till we the people stand up against the government & cops and who works for us the taxpayer instead of asking them what we can and cant do.
    "religion will put a man on his knees science put a man on the moon, nuff said"
    by someone i dont know.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    It is privet property they are assembling on and they do not have the permits for most of the stuff they are doing. Not to mention they are hypocrites as they claim to be "standing up to the 1%" yet they are blocking honest working people from doing their job and making money to bring home to their families.

Those occupies are pissing in public, writing graffiti, fouling up local businesses, and causing a scene.

Yes I think the Illuminati is behind all of this. The Occupy are turning violent, just like I knew they would, hell the occupiers are turning violent on themselves look at Oakland. This stuff is going to make the London riots look like a Disney film. It is going to spill over, martial law will be declared, and all those empty concentration camps we got will be filled. They say I am the "puppet" following government, but they are the puppets playing right into the hand of the illuminates plan. This has been planned for years in a way to put the population back in check. I welcome those old days where people in American where more polite, where you could buy something simple from a small Mom and Pop store. Where bushiness where closed on Sunday because that was family day. In the end when the shit hits the fan, those same people that will be bitching about the chaos will only have themselves to blame for it.

Just hope it can all hold off til next year. I want to play Skyrim some more. In coming billionth ban.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Indoril Nerevar
    I have a feeling the OWS movement will end up amounting to nothing, except maybe more power to the governemnt. The problem is that it's not organized. There's no list of demands or suggested solutions. The abusive police and morons mingled with the OWS groups don't help any either.

Unbound Mercenary
    This is not a peaceful protest. There has been so much violence, and crime down there. Drug dealing, rape, gang related violence.

If I were the police I'd be shooting em with tear gas, and water hoses.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    This is the New World Order at their finest folks.
    Um, no.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I first read the title as:
    "Police tranny dealing with OWS demonstrations".

Classic.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

9. Likes Ixion , PS4freak , Versus, bash wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post

Classic.
    +1 lol
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

11. Likes Versus, darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    I'm still standing by my belief that this isn't a real movement. It's just a bunch of losers acting like they have a political opinion and using that as a excuse to cus havoc. I've seen these jackasses on TV and alot of them are acting really dumb.

LET'S GO OUT AND PARTY DUDEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Dislikes *goo is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I have a feeling the OWS movement will end up amounting to nothing, except maybe more power to the governemnt. The problem is that it's not organized. There's no list of demands or suggested solutions. The abusive police and morons mingled with the OWS groups don't help any either.
    yeah, co-sign with that...it's the middle of november and the 1% are still doing the exact same thing..call me crazy but I think if they want to get a message, they should maybe introduce a little anarchy and violence...and that's to the people they hate..I don't condone violence or anarchy, but in this context, it's an exception

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I'm still standing by my belief that this isn't a real movement. It's just a bunch of losers acting like they have a political opinion and using that as a excuse to cus havoc. I've seen these jackasses on TV and alot of them are acting really dumb.

LET'S GO OUT AND PARTY DUDEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    yeah, co-sign with that...it's the middle of november and the 1% are still doing the exact same thing..call me crazy but I think if they want to get a message, they should maybe introduce a little anarchy and violence...and that's to the people they hate..I don't condone violence or anarchy, but in this context, it's an exception
    Then they will see police brutality. Bring out the rubber bullets, and tear gas paintballs.

Indoril Nerevar
    Yes, keep the powerful in power, and keep the poor poor. How dare they protest for fairness and justice.

18. Likes *goo wishes they had posted this first.
    Unbound Mercenary
    Why is it fairness, and it ain't justice.

No where in our laws does it say that the rich people, be if they have worked hard for their money or not, have to give it to lazy assholes, who just sit around, and demand stuff.

The American dream is earned not given, or is anyone entitled to it. If they want money, then stop protesting, and start looking for fucking jobs.

20. Likes jonathanm1978 , Yuuichi , PS4freak , F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Amen to that kwes.

Interesting one sided quotes in the OP though lol. Losers.

22. Likes Kwes wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post

Classic.
    So did I. lol.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here ya go Tut...

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-rules-ag...215554380.html

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York judge has upheld the city's dismantling of the Occupy Wall Street encampment, saying that the protesters' first amendment rights don't entitle them to camp out indefinitely in the plaza.
    Supreme Court Justice Michael Stallman on Tuesday denied a motion by the demonstrators seeking to be allowed back into the park with their tents and sleeping bags.
    Police cleared out the protesters in a nighttime sweep early Tuesday. The judge upheld the city's effective eviction of the protesters after an emergency appeal by the National Lawyers Guild.
    The protesters have been camped out in privately owned Zuccotti Park since mid-September. Mayor Michael Bloomberg said he ordered the sweep because health and safety conditions and become "intolerable" in the crowded plaza.

25. Likes Enthroll wishes they had posted this first.
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Amen to that kwes.

Interesting one sided quotes in the OP though lol. Losers.
    Thanks man.

And yeah, of course things sound bad if only one side is told.

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post

No where in our laws does it say that the rich people, be if they have worked hard for their money or not, have to give it to lazy assholes, who just sit around, and demand stuff.

The American dream is earned not given, or is anyone entitled to it. If they want money, then stop protesting, and start looking for fucking jobs.
    Oh, yeah. The money going into the pockets of overpaid CEOs, companies jumping tax loopholes, the government bailing out failing companies with the taxpayers money, and citizens having their rights restricted totally isn't an issue. The real issue is the people wanting jobs, or working jobs that don't pay enough. Why don't they, like, just work 2 or 3 jobs? Who cares if they become wage slaves in the end, fuck them. Dirty scum beneath our boots is all they are.

"Telling people to get jobs when they're protesting for jobs is like telling a starving child to just eat."

28. Likes *goo wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Oh, yeah. The money going into the pockets of overpaid CEOs
    What makes the CEO overpaid? Seriously, who makes that call? Should they not get paid what the market demand is?

companies jumping tax loopholes, the government bailing out failing companies with the taxpayers money, and citizens having their rights restricted totally isn't an issue.
    What good will "occupying WS" do for the above quotes? Should they be "occupying DC"? Seriously, those clowns in DC are the ones that have done all this, but they seem to be successfully shifting the attention to others and blaming businesses for policies THEY put in place.

The real issue is the people wanting jobs, or working jobs that don't pay enough. Why don't they, like, just work 2 or 3 jobs? Who cares if they become wage slaves in the end, fuck them. Dirty scum beneath our boots is all they are.
    If you read any entrepreneur sites/magazines, one of the biggest problems they are having is finding qualified/skilled labor. So, just because someone "can't find a job" doesn't mean the jobs aren't out there. I know people that are could go out and get jobs but they narrow the search down way to far and simply aren't willing to take jobs that they don't want. Now, that doesn't mean everyone is like that, but based on what I have been reading, the fact that unemployment among college grads is still around 5%, I would be willing to bet a large part of those people can't find jobs because of their own bad decisions or an unwillingness to compromise.

"Telling people to get jobs when they're protesting for jobs is like telling a starving child to just eat."
    I think the problem is the companies want to hire someone that already knows how to eat, while at the same time some of those job applicants want fillet and aren't willing to settle for a burger.

American manufacturing companies cannot fill up to 600,000 skilled positions, even as unemployment numbers hover at historic levels, according to a survey released Monday from Deloitte & Touche and The Manufacturing Institute.

The national survey polled 1,123 manufacturing company executives recently and found that 5% of all current manufacturing jobs are unfilled due to a lack of qualified applicants.

It showed that 67% of manufacturers have a moderate to severe shortage of available, qualified employees, said Craig Giffi, vice chairman and consumer and industrial products industry leader for Deloitte LLP.
    Link
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

30. Likes Kwes wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    Oh, yeah. The money going into the pockets of overpaid CEOs
    The best way to change something is through example.

If you don't like the practices of a certain corporation, you should start your own and instill your own corporate values.

If your corporate values are successful, other companies will then model themselves after you.

Sitting around complaining does nothing but turn everyone against you.

The Heisman
    ya know... I see a lot of these people protesting the relationship between big business/banks and government... ie- corporate lobbyist influencing legislation that puts the average joe that DOES have a job and DOES play by the rules at risk...and then afterwards the former legislator gets a nice cushy job with the company that "lobbied" him... the company tanks and gets bailed out by the next batch of stooges that the corporation pays for and installs...

this is a subject that many of you have bemoaned in other threads... and yet you come in here and mock people who share your views... pretty entertaining really.

I'm not necessarily a OWS supporter... as their message is too muddled... but there's no question that a large part of the movement is made up of people who don't want their representative government bought and paid for by corporations who only have profit in mind.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post

There is a place in one of the Dakotos, the one where they found oil, where even the MCDonalds is starting people out at $15 an hour. The Lowes around $17. Oh but those jobs may be beneath some of these people as they want $60k a year to drink coffee and surf the internet.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    ya know... I see a lot of these people protesting the relationship between big business/banks and government... ie- corporate lobbyist influencing legislation that puts the average joe that DOES have a job and DOES play by the rules at risk...and then afterwards the former legislator gets a nice cushy job with the company that "lobbied" him... the company tanks and gets bailed out by the next batch of stooges that the corporation pays for and installs...

this is a subject that many of you have bemoaned in other threads... and yet you come in here and mock people who share your views... pretty entertaining really.

I'm not necessarily a OWS supporter... as their message is too muddled... but there's no question that a large part of the movement is made up of people who don't want their representative government bought and paid for by corporations who only have profit in mind.
    I support ideas, not people. I might agree with you one X, but disagree with you on Y. So, yeah... it's perfectly acceptable to align with you on X, but not on Y.

Superior Member
    Someone's been watching TheAmazingAtheist on YouTube.

Thread Information