Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

PS Vita vs iOS Devices.

Discuss and compare the devices.Which one you like more and why.Compare the software and the hardware of the devices.

As I already stated in a thread i disagree calling the ps vita a beast cause its hardware is not good enough to be called a beast.
    The iOS devices are not really gaming devices even if they have a big success in gaming.If compare the hardware of the gaming portable device ps vita with the Apple device iPad which is used more for business and random work, the ps vita doesnt seem to be a beast at all.The big resoltuion and screen of the iPad is much better compared to the one of the ps vita.The famous A5 dual core processor is more powerful than the processor which is in the ps vita.Maybe not by a lot but still the difference can be seen.The videocard of the ps vita is slightly better than the one in the iPad.So the iPad is not a gaming devices but it beats the ps vita gaming device in some specifications.Thats why the ps vita cant be called a beast,because even a non gaming device is more powerful in specific hardware sectors
    Last edited by Cybertox; 11-16-2011 at 18:38.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    The Vita isn't even out yet. Also, the Vita's specs aren't fully known, yes it has an ARM Cortex A9 but we don't know what its running at. For gaming, the Vita will be better anyway, since it has buttons, and will have better games.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Also, there is a world of difference.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The hardware of the ps vita we know now is going to be very similar if not identical to what we will see as it gets released.Yes there are going to be more games and some of them will look good, especially those who will be done by developers like naughty dog and dice.But the graphics wont be better than those on the iPad as the hardware is in some sectors better.You should really take a look at infinity sword, shadow gun and Epoch which are extremely good detailed games.As for the controlls I agree.They are going to be much better on the ps vita.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah it's not even out yet. You just need to remember the Vita is a dedicated gaming platform unlike the device you mentioned. The hardware, from the very beginning, was compiled for various things but most importantly for gaming

It's two different worlds, however, if you do insist on comparing them then I would say the Vita is indeed a beast compared to other portable devices out there, including the iPad2. The iPad3 will be a lot closer, and like Carmack said previously - in 2 years the hardware in the Vita will be overtaken by smartphones comfortably. I don't disagree with that because of how fast smartphone/portable tech is evolving..But like R3D D3V!L said; the fact that it has physical playstation styled buttons and analog sticks along with better games (and very good hardware) simply means it is a bit of a beast

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im 100% sure the iPad 3 is going to have better hardware than the vita.The iPad 3 is going to be a device which could be named a beast.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Vita has 640MB of RAM, an Arm Cortex A9 quad, and a Quad GPU from the SGX line. Specific model number I have forgotten.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The ps vita has 512 mb ram memory.The videocard has 128 mb vram memory.These are two different things.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The ps vita has 512 mb ram memory.The videocard has 128 mb vram memory.These are two different things.
    Yes, I'm aware.

I know what the differences are between Main RAM and VRAM. I simply decided to lump it all together because most people would not know the difference.

512MB+128MB

There we are.

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Im 100% sure the iPad 3 is going to have better hardware than the vita.The iPad 3 is going to be a device which could be named a beast.
    would you really take an ipad3 over a ps vita for gaming? A multitasking tablet wont be able to out perform any newer console / handheld in gaming for awhile.

I have both an ipod touch 4g and an Ipad. Both are unusable for serious gaming: Yes, the processor may be better, but have you considered that neither device last more than hour and half (tops) on games which have great graphics?

The shadowgun and ... teh one in unreal with swords, both look great, but deplete my battery in half an hour, and teh devices overheat like crazy. I don't think these devices were really created for serious gaming.

Also: buttons. I can't play while my fingers coer my screen, and the acelerometer is ...well, crap. You can't play while moving the screen!
    The ps vita, with the touch screen on the back shoudl solve a lot of the issues, while giving nice buttons for perfect gaming.

Music in sony devices has always been better in my opinion. This may vary depending on the person and headphones.
    However, for email, and mobile browsing, we will see which oen fares better. Also: Teh ipod touch feels like a credit card.

i will sell my ipad for a PS vita anytime. My ipod touch, on the other hand, is an indispensable tool.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont use my iPad for gaming.I use it for surfing in the net, watch youtube, use some productive applications and mail.I play as well but its not the main reason why i bought an iPad.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    How the $#@! is an ipad going to be better than a dedicated gaming device that already has the industries biggest devs making games for it and has dual analog sticks, buttons and a beautiful OLED screen? If someone wants to play angry birds type games, by all means, get an ipad an have a ball. If someone wants to play core games with amazing graphics and control inputs, then the Vita $#@!s over every smartphone and tablet. Simple as that.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I dont use my iPad for gaming.I use it for surfing in the net, watch youtube, use some productive applications and mail.I play as well but its not the main reason why i bought an iPad.
    Then what's the whole point of this thread and your comments in the other thread? You came across as saying that the Vita is a pointless device that has poor specs

What exactly are we comparing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    How the $#@! is an ipad going to be better than a dedicated gaming device that already has the industries biggest devs making games for it and has dual analog sticks, buttons and a beautiful OLED screen?
    Simple answer: The specs arent 'beastly'

Last edited by Nitey; 11-16-2011 at 21:16.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    How the $#@! is an ipad going to be better than a dedicated gaming device that already has the industries biggest devs making games for it and has dual analog sticks, buttons and a beautiful OLED screen? If someone wants to play angry birds type games, by all means, get an ipad an have a ball. If someone wants to play core games with amazing graphics and control inputs, then the Vita $#@!s over every smartphone and tablet. Simple as that.
    It isn't about which device is better for playing games. This thread stemmed from a thread I made wherein one of my kids stated that the Vita is going to be a beast. He replied in that thread that compared to iOS devices, Vita doesn't qualify to be called "beastly" and I encouraged him to start a thread about that topic so as to not derail the thread I had created.

Phew.... now we're all up to speed lol.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    This Thread is not only about my opinion but in general.Im not saying that the ps vita is crap, I just compare the devices and let you know my opinion.The ps vita is going to be a great gaming device, Im not negating this statement but its not going to be a hardware beast as well.If do the same hardware beast or not comparison with the pc.I would say that a real beast pc should have at least 16 gbs ram, 2 gbs vram and an i7 extreme.Now thats a beast.But when do a comparison with the mobile devices and vita i cant say that the vita is a mobile hardware beast.Also if do such a comparison with cars i would say that a beast is the lambo aventador but not just a cool mercedes.

If compare the software of the ios devices and the vita all i can say is just the ios software is the best mobile software in the universe and compared to the vita its judt phenomenal.The playstation software is so low level that it cant be even compared with the ios sofware.

I repeat i made this thread to discuss in general and not because a 10 years old girl said that the vita is a beast.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 11-16-2011 at 21:38.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It isn't about which device is better for playing games. This thread stemmed from a thread I made wherein one of my kids stated that the Vita is going to be a beast. He replied in that thread that compared to iOS devices, Vita doesn't qualify to be called "beastly" and I encouraged him to start a thread about that topic so as to not derail the thread I had created.

Phew.... now we're all up to speed lol.
    Aha! Cheers.

Well it is still going to be a beast for the reasons I stated Even if an ipad has better specs, it doesn't have the controls. Controls > graphics for portables imo.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This Thread is not only about my opinion but in general.Im not saying that the ps vita is crap, I just compare the devices and let you know my opinion.The ps vita is going to be a great gaming device, Im not negating this statement but its not going to be a hardware beast as well.If do the same hardware beast or not comparison with the pc.I would say that a real beast pc should have at least 16 gbs ram, 2 gbs vram and an i7 extreme.Now thats a beast.But when do a comparison with the mobile devices and vita i cant say that the vita is a mobile hardware beast.Also if do such a comparison with cars i would say that a beast is the lambo aventador but not just a cool mercedes.

If compare the software of the ios devices and the vita all i can say is just the ios software is the best mobile software in the universe and compared to the vita its judt phenomenal.The playstation software is so low level that it cant be even compared with the ios sofware.

I repeat i made this thread to discuss in general and not because a 10 years old girl said that the vita is a beast.
    What would your specs be for a mobile beast then?
    Last edited by F34R; 11-16-2011 at 21:54. Reason: removed misquote.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    LOL.

If you are so into controlls why even bother buying a vita if you got a ps3 with even better controlls.If you are a gamer who always travels then the vita is for you because it has good portable controlls but if you are so into controls go play a console which has a controller with even better quality controlls and buttons.

vita has better control options than ps3.
    and from what i read on different previews of the vita, most of them said that the vita is in a different league(graphically and technically) compared to other smartphones including your oviously so beloved ios devices.
    Games so far : Resistance, CoD 3, Genji, NBA Street Homecourt, Enchanted Arms, Virtua Tennis 3, Ridge Racer 7 , The Darkness, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword.

PSN ID: ytgfcxcvbnm

Android. Enough said.

If (and it's a big IF) PS Via were to support android emulation (it's possible!), then it would be Beastly.
    IOs devices "just work", I'll give you that. But nothing beats the possibilities android gives.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I certainly do enjoy iOS devices(have a 4S and an iPad2) but when it comes to gaming I'll just stick to a dedicated device with buttons and stuff.

TA-Pa-Ta-Pa-Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    This would be a mobile beast:

CPU: Dual Core 2 ghz
    Videocard: 256 mb vram
    Ram: 1 gb
    Screen Resolution: 720p

PSU Technical Advisor
    Allegedly the Galaxy S3 from Samsung will come with:

720p screen
    2GB of RAM
    Dual core A9 @ 1.8Ghz
    Quad GPU (forget the vendor).

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by dhunter_12 View Post
    The shadowgun and ... teh one in unreal with swords, both look great, but deplete my battery in half an hour, and teh devices overheat like crazy. I don't think these devices were really created for serious gaming.
    I'd look at getting your phone changed if it completely depletes after half an hour - I've played Infinity blade for an hour or two once (during a flight) and i still had time to listen to a few albums after.

But yeah, your comparing apples to oranges. One is made specifically for games the other can just happen to play them.

Thread Information