Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Recent Move releases.

Here are some of my latest purchases:

From left: EyePet and Friends (Studio London), Medieval Moves (Zindagi Games) and Carnival Island (Santa Monica Studio)
    $39 Each, got JB Hifi to price match $#@!Smiths price.

If anyone is interested in impressions of these titles I can gladly give them, in a bit xD. I'm not too sure the main gaming sites will give these titles much notice or play time with the release schedule of other AAA titles.
    I'll probably be picking up most of the other Move titles releasing just before Christmas.

In my opinion tho, SONY should have spread the release dates out a bit, have one a week to build up excitement till Christmas. Having 4 Move games release today was just dumb. The forth title being Puma After Hour Athletes (Hustle Kings, High Velocity Bowling and Top Darts collection).
    Last edited by mickice; 11-17-2011 at 17:07.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Apprentice

I'm actually curious about Carnival Island. Is it a fun party game or just for children?

ERC1980
    hey mickice i sure wouldn't mind some impressions on medievil moves: deadmunds quest.

like how is the savepoint system, does it give you a score at the end of each stage, is there any difficulty getting the calibration just right.

I'm on the fence on this one. seems like a kiddy game on the outside but was wondering if it's a challenging experience.

btw what does the fine print say on the boxart. it's too small to make out.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by melleka View Post
    I'm actually curious about Carnival Island. Is it a fun party game or just for children?
    I would say it is a very fun party game, great for kids too. Just that adults seem to get the hang of things alot quicker so it wont be too long before you start mastering all the games. Some on the other hand are a bit more difficult and even tho most of the games are mapped 1:1 a little like the frisbee golf in Sports Champions you still might need some luck on your side to pass all the challenges.

The presentation tho is simply stunning, this is what you get when a quality studio really puts some effort into a motion game and isn't built from the ground up as a quick buck maker.

Carnival Games from THQ or is it EA? I've played that on Wii and it's complete pants. That game isn't on PS3 and it looks like SONY has shown them how it's really done.

Kids will really love it, the motion controls are amazingly fun to play with. Adults can too I guess, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    btw what does the fine print say on the boxart. it's too small to make out.
    Next to the PG logo?
    Last edited by mickice; 11-18-2011 at 08:02.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Wow I really like the blue border on the Move games, don't like that huge rating thing in the corner though. Nice purchases.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

ERC1980
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I would say it is a very fun party game, great for kids too. Just that adults seem to get the hang of things alot quicker so it wont be too long before you start mastering all the games. Some on the other hand are a bit more difficult and even tho most of the games are mapped 1:1 a little like the frisbee golf in Sports Champions you still might need some luck on your side to pass all the challenges.

The presentation tho is simply stunning, this is what you get when a quality studio really puts some effort into a motion game and isn't built from the ground up as a quick buck maker.

Carnival Games from THQ or is it EA? I've played that on Wii and it's complete pants. That game isn't on PS3 and it looks like SONY has shown them how it's really done.

Kids will really love it, the motion controls are amazingly fun to play with. Adults can too I guess, I do.

Next to the PG logo?
    yeah that one!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    yeah that one!
    Thats just the age rating for my country.
    "Mild fantasy violence. Game experience may change online."

I've only finished the very first section of the game yet, but so far all the motion controls work really smoothly from 1 weapon to the next. Even tho it is on rails you kinda have to judge your surroundings to figure out what is the best way to eliminate the enemies. It feels alot less rigid than the on rails Ape Escape game. (Which I also have)

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Wow I really like the blue border on the Move games, don't like that huge rating thing in the corner though. Nice purchases.
    The spine is a the same deep blue, i guess this will help finding Move titles when your games are all stacked up in the store.
    Last edited by mickice; 11-18-2011 at 19:03.

Master Guru
    What are your new move games like? Are u getting new Start the party game?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan View Post
    What are your new move games like? Are u getting new Start the party game?
    I'm tempted because I'm a total complete Move fanatic. I was also a launch day Wii owner too so you can see why I just LOVE the Move.

The problem with Start The Party is that it's so painfully shallow. Even more shallow than the old Eye-Toy game series. I picked up the original Start The Party for like $26 and even tho it was fun for 2 whole minutes that was it.
    I know Super Massive Games is a quality studio, they were also the ones that made Tumble but for me I see very little value in the Start The Party series.

Right now Carnival Island is my no1 Move only title to date with Sports Champions in a close second.

Master Guru
    Cool I think I'll get the carnival then..

Thread Information