Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Yes, I will say it out loud. DICE's business ethics are fine. There.

Regarding the input delay: What he said was obviously not meant to be a direct insult. Much like 90% of the people on the internet call other people names without actually wanting to start a fight DICE expressed their opinion in a similar way. You may argue that it was too much but that expression alone does NOT make anyone unethical. Also, his response was aimed to those people complaining that they had changed the controls since the beta, which they actually didn't. As clarified in a later statement, the input delay is caused by a bug in the game code that is likely to be fixed with the next update. So he was right in basically telling people to shut up because in no way did they intentionally change the controls to piss gamers off...

And I FULLY support the community manager's drastic response regarding the amount of whiners that stalk their forums. It is seriously unbearable over there and every chance of having a genuine discussion about the game leads to disaster. You, out of everyone on here, should know that. I would be just as pissed if people kept on whining about my product that I kept on putting effort in for years. And I applaud the guy for actually voicing his opinion and how he feels about the whiners rather than typing up a quick generic response that you'd expect from every other company with a certain reputation.

Also, Battlefield 3, for me, feels like Battlefield 3. I know there's a fair amount of people that don't agree with that but it's called having an opinion. This is DICE's imagination of how BF 3 should look like and since they invented the franchise to begin with it is their right to design the game how they think it's best. Also read what krazey2k posted above. That should clear up some of your issues.

And yes, I agree with you in pointing out that EA did not really do the right thing here but I wasn't even talking about them. DICE was my point of reference. And in the end, it's EA holding back 1943, not DICE.

Lastly, let me just say that true unethical behavior is far worse than that. Just look at how Activision literally destroyed Infinity Ward in a matter of weeks. THIS is unethical behavior that keeps me from buying their products. EA/DICE may have their mistakes and flaws but that's nothing compared to true unethical behavior. In fact, EA has become much better since the change of leadership was announced a few years ago. Also, do you remember that video from a few months ago, trying to create more acceptance towards gay people in our society? This was an EA campaign that garnered much praise.

So you are actually wrong in assuming that I tolerate unethical business practices because, as I stated above, I refuse to buy another Activision game due to their more than lackluster behavior. And I don't want to start an argument but it seems you are more tolerable towards such practices since you bought BF 3 even though you are of the opinion that the game's developers act unethically. If I thought the same I'd drop the game in a second.

herp derp! I can like a game and dislike a company, you will have to deal with that, okay and this includes their behavior towards people trying to help them out. I don't like DICE when they lie through their teeth, there are numerous articles of them doing so and all you have to do is google it. Believe it or not, it is possible to like a game but not the developer. seriously.

here is the reason, when I bought BF3, I didn't listen to one word DICE said, not one word and the ones I heard I shrugged them off because you can't even take a grain of salt whenever they announce something, they have proven that over and over again in many written ways including twitter.

Battlefield 3 feels like battlefield 3, yes. But if you played a lot of BF2 and then a company that says this is a direct sequel to BF2 when it actually isn't because the proof is in the game itself and everyone knows it's not a sequel to BF2 MP wise. The only things they added in the game to make people believe it was a sequel was 64 player counts, that's all. I knew it wasn't going to be a direct Sequel because the people responsible that held the reigns for BF2 are not there anymore. So once they said "this is a direct sequel" which they did say and lied about, I knew it wasn't true.

Even though I didn't listen to one word DICE said (which is why I am enjoying BF3 by the way) doesn't mean I am not going tear them a new one within my own words. I will do just that. in terms of behavior towards their fanbase they are unethical, period. by saying "that isn't what he meant" or whatever, he said it and there were a few other bull$#@! things they have said within the UK forums, I would know this because I do go there as well.

game is awesome, the company sucks, that's just the way it is.

My dislike towards DICE as a company is in hoping they will change their ways. I really do hope DICE will change but BF3 showed they wont. Both EA and DICE are at fault here, it's not just EA. EA is at fault in terms of the lawsuit but DICE is also part of this as well.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-21-2011 at 21:51.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    herp derp! I can like a game and dislike a company, you will have to deal with that, okay and this includes their behavior towards people trying to help them out. I don't like DICE when they lie through their teeth, there are numerous articles of them doing so and all you have to do is google it. Believe it or not, it is possible to like a game but not the developer. seriously.

here is the reason, when I bought BF3, I didn't listen to one word DICE said, not one word and the ones I heard I shrugged them off because you can't even take a grain of salt whenever they announce something, they have proven that over and over again in many written ways including twitter.

Battlefield 3 feels like battlefield 3, yes. But if you played a lot of BF2 and then a company that says this is a direct sequel to BF2 when it actually isn't because the proof is in the game itself and everyone knows it's not a sequel to BF2 MP wise. The only things they added in the game to make people believe it was a sequel was 64 player counts, that's all. I knew it wasn't going to be a direct Sequel because the people responsible that held the reigns for BF2 are not there anymore. So once they said "this is a direct sequel" which they did say and lied about, I knew it wasn't true.

Even though I didn't listen to one word DICE said (which is why I am enjoying BF3 by the way) doesn't mean I am not going tear them a new one within my own words. I will do just that. in terms of behavior towards their fanbase they are unethical, period. by saying "that isn't what he meant" or whatever, he said it and there were a few other bull$#@! things they have said within the UK forums, I would know this because I do go there as well.

game is awesome, the company sucks, that's just the way it is.

My dislike towards DICE as a company is in hoping they will change their ways. I really do hope DICE will change but BF3 showed they wont. Both EA and DICE are at fault here, it's not just EA. EA is at fault in terms of the lawsuit but DICE is also part of this as well.
    So you buy a product off of someone even though you despise that person. That doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever since you just support whatever ethics that person has by buying his product. Of course you can like the game and dislike the company but why keep on whining like a baby if you end up supporting their ethics anyways (in case you haven't noticed: the more sales the less likely they will change their practices)?

Funny how you told me that I apparently stick up for bad ethics when it is in fact you, lol.

And by the way:

Translation of "herp derp"
    Something idiots say. Usually it is supposed to indicate stupidity in somebody else, but the person saying it is usually the dumb one.
    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Wrath; 11-22-2011 at 04:54.

I didn't even know about this offer, yep they should of kept their end of the bargain

Thread Information