View Poll Results: Who's the better Soldier?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Boss

    20 57.14%
  • Solid Snake

    15 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    26,998 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style

    Friendly debate: Who's the better Soldier? Big Boss or Solid Snake

    Ard! Was having a debate with a friend of mine and he was telling him how "All-World" Solid Snake is. Seeing as I'm a bigger fan of Big Boss, I told him about the struggle and hardships of Big Boss in MGS3. I think Big Boss had it tougher than Snake in the battlefield. I mean, the man pissed his pants from Human Voltage and then got shot in the eye, lol!

    I will say, though....



    With that being said, I still think Big Boss is better! He had to fight The End, The Boss, an entire nation to complete the mission! But enough of that... who do you think is better. Let's discuss, MGS fans.

    P.S - In a non-story driven battle, Big Boss beats Snake. Sorry kids


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  2. #2
    Master Poster
    LegendaryAim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,116
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    7,319 (0 Banked)
    Big Boss in his absolute prime will take Solid Snake down in his.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

  3. #3
    Forum Elder
    1solidsnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    4,816 (0 Banked)
    big boss, snake at it easier with all the tech he gets from otacon.

  4. #4
    PSU Editorial Assistant
    R3D D3V!L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wigan, England
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Age
    24
    Posts
    7,942
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    15,665 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Well technically they are the same person but I'd say Big Boss, he had less technology than his clone.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    88,235 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Snake got everything he knows from Big Boss. It's in his genes. Big boss hands down. Without Big Boss, Snake wouldn't be.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  6. #6
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    technically, they are the same person


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    88,235 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    technically, they are the same person
    Yep. Big boss came first so he gets the edge imo.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  8. #8
    Elite Member
    Merchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,533
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    3,083 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    technically, they are the same person
    They have the same genetics doesn't mean they are the same person. Life experiences shape you just as much as, if not more than genetics.

    This would be like saying identical twins are the same person, because their genetics are the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Snake got everything he knows from Big Boss. It's in his genes. Big boss hands down. Without Big Boss, Snake wouldn't be.
    So your father is a better than you, because without him, you would not be.
    Is this essentially your argument here?
    Last edited by Merchant; 11-23-2011 at 21:48.

  9. #9
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,052
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    21,780 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post



    So your father is a better than you, because without him, you would not be.
    Is this essentially your argument here?
    I think that was pretty clear. Without Big Boss donating his DNA to whomever, Solid Snake, Solidus and Liquid would not exist. Cause&effect.


  10. #10
    Elite Member
    Merchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,533
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    3,083 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I think that was pretty clear. Without Big Boss donating his DNA to whomever, Solid Snake, Solidus and Liquid would not exist. Cause&effect.
    That really is your argument? I really thought I was misunderstanding, because it makes little sense.
    Your argument would mean each generation is worse then the one before. Your parents donated DNA to you, their parents donated to them.

    By your arguments some small fish that first grew a spine millions of years ago is far greater than any of us, because without that species we would not exist.

    You mention cause and effect. But ignore that effect can be much greater then the cause.

  11. #11
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    2,326 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    By your arguments some small fish that first grew a spine millions of years ago is far greater than any of us, because without that species we would not exist.
    uh..don't know bout the rest of you guys,but my ancestors weren't fish so...yeah.

    also,this is almost an impossible question to answer but if I had to take one of them on a mission with me I'd pick SS b/c when he smokes i could try to find the "no smoking" sign around him
    Last edited by zex494; 01-27-2013 at 17:50.
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  12. #12
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    uh..don't know bout the rest of you guys,but my ancestors weren't fish so...yeah.

    also,this is almost an impossible question to answer but if I had to take one of them on a mission with me I'd pick SS b/c when he smokes i could try to find the "no smoking" sign around him
    All of our ancestors were in the sea at some point, unless you believe in creationism, in which case, I would find it hard to believe that you actually enjoy the MG franchise.

    -------------------

    The question was who is the better soldier, and the answer is clearly Big Boss (BB in his prime vs SS in his). I think people are mixing it up with who their favourite character is though, which is a different thing all together (mine would be Solid Snake for sure, he was more sympathetic than Big Boss).
    So, better soldier = Big Boss
    Better person = Solid Snake

    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I think that was pretty clear. Without Big Boss donating his DNA to whomever, Solid Snake, Solidus and Liquid would not exist. Cause&effect.
    That makes very little sense, and is not how cause and effect works. All new generations are weaker than the previous?

    EDIT: I just noticed this thread is old as hell. Woops.
    Last edited by Croyles; 01-28-2013 at 16:14.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #13
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,052
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    21,780 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I chose Big Boss, a.k.a. Naked Snake, a.k.a. $#@!ING BADASS!

    Here's why

    - He knows CQC and is up par to the former Boss or even stronger because he learned more techniques later on throughout peace walker era incident, and not only that, but he did help develop CQC in the first place

    - Better survival skills. Big Boss can adapt to any environment

    - Strong leader. He formed MSF, and Outer Heaven.

    But Solid Snake is awesome too cause he can adapt with the times and any technology. He's also an expert marksman and he can take a lot of pain, like his father.


  14. #14
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    112,021 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I chose Big Boss, a.k.a. Naked Snake, a.k.a. $#@!ING BADASS!

    Here's why

    - He knows CQC and is up par to the former Boss or even stronger because he learned more techniques later on throughout peace walker era incident, and not only that, but he did help develop CQC in the first place

    - Better survival skills. Big Boss can adapt to any environment

    - Strong leader. He formed MSF, and Outer Heaven.

    But Solid Snake is awesome too cause he can adapt with the times and any technology. He's also an expert marksman and he can take a lot of pain, like his father.
    This.







  15. #15
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    88,235 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I chose Big Boss, a.k.a. Naked Snake, a.k.a. $#@!ING BADASS!

    Here's why

    - He knows CQC and is up par to the former Boss or even stronger because he learned more techniques later on throughout peace walker era incident, and not only that, but he did help develop CQC in the first place

    - Better survival skills. Big Boss can adapt to any environment

    - Strong leader. He formed MSF, and Outer Heaven.

    But Solid Snake is awesome too cause he can adapt with the times and any technology. He's also an expert marksman and he can take a lot of pain, like his father.
    /thread.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  16. #16
    Dedicated Member
    bigCman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    13,256 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I chose Big Boss, a.k.a. Naked Snake, a.k.a. $#@!ING BADASS!

    Here's why

    - He knows CQC and is up par to the former Boss or even stronger because he learned more techniques later on throughout peace walker era incident, and not only that, but he did help develop CQC in the first place

    - Better survival skills. Big Boss can adapt to any environment

    - Strong leader. He formed MSF, and Outer Heaven.

    But Solid Snake is awesome too cause he can adapt with the times and any technology. He's also an expert marksman and he can take a lot of pain, like his father.
    This pretty much sums up everything I wanted to add to the discussion.

    Solid Snake is awesome, but Big Boss is the original. Both kick ass though.

  17. #17
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,578
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    121,969 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well, Solid Snake doesn't have the advantage here due to age...because that means experience and well, he's a clone so that sorta messes things up.

    SS was brought up in a very controlled environment whereas BB learned everything hands on, from the best of the best, and the hard way.

    There's just no competition. SS was always supposed to be a mere shadow of BB.

  18. #18
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    26,998 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Yes and no. While they are the same person, they do have different personalities. Yeah he's a clone, but not a walking drone version which is why I posted this. But Dre won the thread, haha.


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  19. #19
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Neither, because they both (inevitably die).

    In the paraphrased words of Snake: Soldiers stay on the battlefield, bound to fight wars, and they never go home. Or something like that.

    And since they both die, they both abandon their beliefs.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  20. #20
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    26,998 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Neither, because they both (inevitably die).

    In the paraphrased words of Snake: Soldiers stay on the battlefield, bound to fight wars, and they never go home. Or something like that.

    And since they both die, they both abandon their beliefs.
    lolwut?


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  21. #21
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,832
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,638 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Neither, because they both (inevitably die).

    In the paraphrased words of Snake: Soldiers stay on the battlefield, bound to fight wars, and they never go home. Or something like that.

    And since they both die, they both abandon their beliefs.
    This doesn't make any sense lol Neither of them abandoned their beliefs, their beliefs changed (MGS4 ending)

    Big Boss for president.

  22. #22
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Off-topic-

    Amazon has the 360 version of MGS HD Collection for "half" the price of the PS3 version... what gives?

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  23. #23
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    26,998 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Off-topic-

    Amazon has the 360 version of MGS HD Collection for "half" the price of the PS3 version... what gives?
    Because it's a staple on the Sony system. A lot more people think Playstation when they think the MGS series to be honest. Gamestop online don't even sell the PS3 edition anymore, they only have the 360 version left. I got lucky in getting the Limited Edition from the Lamestop I got it from near my father's house.


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  24. #24
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,831
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    38,463 (0 Banked)
    I'm going with Snake. You can never underestimate a snake in the grass.


  25. #25
    Dedicated Member
    Ariakace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    7,553 (0 Banked)
    Yeah id have to give the edge to Big Boss over Solid Snake. less technology meant harder physical and mental training and focus, you probably couldnt always rely on the tech of his era and he had to do camoflage the old school way. facepaint and different BDU's and using crocodile heads to hide from guards. Big Boss definately had it harder in his time than Solid Snake did. and No, they are not the same person. Just genetically are they the same. If i were to go and find DNA from Adolf Hitler, clone him, and have him raised with a nice family from like, San Fransisco or something, what are the odds he would try taking over the world? hed probably be to pre-occupied with taking over the coreography of the next gay pride parade dancers, so with that in mind, NO, they are not the same person. everything they have is identical except for life experiences.


    Tacos Rule!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.