Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PlayStation Vita's Euro 3G partner is Vodafone

Vodafone has been confirmed as the “preferred partner” for PlayStation Vita’s 3G services in European territories.The deal will initially include the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand and The Netherlands, as well as “Vodafone’s Partners in France,” Sony has said.
    Those of you who plonk down the cash for a 3G Vita from non-Vodafone stores will receive a sim card to activate the handheld’s 3G services. If you purchase from a Vodafone store, however, you’ll also bag a free download code for WipEout 2048.
    The 3G Vita will set you back €299/£279.
    Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), commented, “With social gaming and connectivity at the heart of PlayStation Vita it is important that we partner with a market leading network provider, to ensure users have a high quality 3G experience.”
    “Partnering with Vodafone will enable PS Vita users in the selected countries to always be connected with their PlayStation life, friends and games, wherever they are.”
    “We know from our application downloads that games are hugely popular with our customers, so we’re delighted to be SCEE’s preferred connectivity partner for 3G Vita devices sold across Europe and other selected regional markets,” added Patrick Chomet, Group Terminals Director at Vodafone.
    “Using the device over Vodafone’s high-performance network with extensive 3G reach and market leading download speeds brings a reliable ‘anywhere anytime’ dimension to gaming, which customers in our initial ten launch markets will be the first to experience.”
    PlayStation Vita hits Europe and the U.S. on February 22, 2012.
    http://www.psu.com/PlayStation-Vitas...a013662-p0.php

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Nice. Vodafone have great reception, most my family are with them. My brother even gets 2+ bars on the London underground a lot of the time o_O

I'm on Orange and get crappy reception almost everywhere ;(

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Nice. Vodafone have great reception, most my family are with them. My brother even gets 2+ bars on the London underground a lot of the time o_O

I'm on Orange and get crappy reception almost everywhere ;(
    Wow total opposite here, most people I know keep losing signal or don't get calls come through on Vodafone, but I can get a signal in places most people can't like large buildings, And I know when other people can't get a signal cuz mine just changes to Orange T-Mobile which usually means its a bad signal area, but luckily I'm on Orange

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Oh wow... this may make me choose a 3G model. I'm with Vodafone and I have an awesome unlimited txts/calls plan. If they figure out a good plan for a decent price I may add that to my current contract and consider a 3G... interestinggg

Super Elite
    Items Microsoft LogoApple
    Interesting - 3G could have its uses if you use the Vita out and about.

The cost though I worry could be high. In Japan they managed to get around that situation with pre-pay pay as you go cards. Not sure if SCEE are doing the same thing in the West though.

Contracts turn a lot of people off - including me.

Thread Information