Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its all utterly pointless guess work.

Sony hasnt even announced 9 million either for that matter.
    The article is referencing 8.8 million Sony announced in Jun.

But you are right, Sony like playing th enumbers games, just like their "PSN" accounts.

Given 10 million Kinetcs in March, and 8.8 million moves in Jun, its likely the real gap for motion enabled consoles is about 2:1.
    With MS having at least 10 milllion, and Sony around 5 milllion.

Of course software does the talking and there are 88 kinect games.

72 of which are Kinect only.

28 Move only games.

Now I will point out that out of that 78, probably 77 of them are dance games

I kid. But not by much.
    there is over 100 games that can be played with the Move controller.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah I didn't mean it lol, but someone always has to say it and this time nobody said it yet, thought I'd keep up the tradition.
    Well, you got me on that on lol. sneaky sneaky.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. Move compatibility has been in almost every single purchase I have made this year.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    And still the Move-only game I bought mine for STILL isnt shipped, getting annoyed now.

I wanted Sorcery, and games like it, not FPS games with move compatibility. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. Move compatibility has been in almost every single purchase I have made this year.
    That's the beauty of having a peripheral that you can tack on compatibility with...

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That's the beauty of having a peripheral that you can tack on compatibility with...
    Too bad SONY didn't coin "Better with Move" because it usually is xD.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Which just goes ot show how supplemntary the product is.
    So out of a 100 only 28 actually need it.

Forum Overseer
    Motion controls as they are atm are full of crock. I haven't tried Kinect but looking at the games, it's pretty obvious that none of these devices will ever be used for anything meaningful (other than minigames).

I'm definitely not against motion controls but I'm definitely against mediocracy.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Motion controls as they are atm are full of crock. I haven't tried Kinect but looking at the games, it's pretty obvious that none of these devices will ever be used for anything meaningful (other than minigames).

I'm definitely not against motion controls but I'm definitely against mediocracy.
    If they could get finger trackingworking Id still ove to see a Rainbow Six type game use it for signalling your troops.

Simply pointing to where you want them to go, or gesturing them to "clear and sweep" would be cool.
    I like the idea of hybrid games.

I think thtas what Move has go going for it in the sense that you still have traditional controls at you finger tips.

Master Guru

no it shows that PlayStation Move is versatile so it can work with all kinds of games & not just the games that's built from the ground up for it.

11. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    If they could get finger trackingworking Id still ove to see a Rainbow Six type game use it for signalling your troops.

Simply pointing to where you want them to go, or gesturing them to "clear and sweep" would be cool.
    I like the idea of hybrid games.
    That makes my stomach churn. We don't need that. It's not even efficient lol and it's silly!

I really don't like the idea of hybrid games. The only thing I find interesting is how 3DS and Vita are incorporating the controls. That actually makes the games more fun and "easier" to play.

The whole finger thing you're talking about, just makes it more complicated and will get old fast.

I'm more interested in VR than motion controls tbh. VR would be much more immersive than trying to do something like moving your body around to do limited things.

Where can we go after Kinect? Isn't that the end of it? Only other thing we can do is add more peripherals to capture more things from your body but in the end, we can never truly incorporate everything with motion controls. It will always be limited and the more we try to get into it, the more ridiculous it's going to "look" and "feel" lol.

I bought the Move and I'm still not selling it (though it's been collecting dust since I got it), however, I'm pretty sure I'm not buying another motion controller again.

I think thtas what Move has go going for it in the sense that you still have traditional controls at you finger tips.
    Yea at first I thought it was cool too but I feel stupid when I play a game with the Move, it just doesn't feel natural.

I really don't think I'd ever want to abandon traditional controls.

13. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Shows how you can have great games without sacrificing controls. Good luck trying to make GeoW work on Kinect or any good game for that matter. Move on the other hand...

So your point is invalid.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

15. Likes Nitey , Two4DaMoney , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    no it shows that PlayStation Move is versatile so it can work with all kinds of games & not just the games that's built from the ground up for it.
    Of which there are virtually none, so again, its not a unique experience, and totally voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Shows how you can have great games without sacrificing controls. Good luck trying to make GeoW work on Kinect or any good game for that matter. Move on the other hand...

So your point is invalid.
    My points isnt invalid, you can play all those game with out the move, so it isn't needed or required for any of them therefore its a suplementary experience. Furthermore ask the core supportes of SOCOM what they think of move support, and what it did to their franchise.

Nothing you have said invalidates anything I said.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-26-2011 at 03:34.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Of which there are virtually none, so again, its not a unique experience, and totally voluntary.
    Killzone 3, Resistance 3, LBP2, inFamous 2, SOCOM 4, Heavy Rain, Sly Collection, Playstation Move Heroes, Resident Evil 5, Child of Eden, MAG, MLB The Show 11, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 say hi.

Is it worth it? Spending so much time in the PS3 section of the forum trying to shoot down the PS3 at every turn? lol

18. Likes Nitey , Two4DaMoney , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Killzone 3, Resistance 3, LBP2, inFamous 2, SOCOM 4, Heavy Rain, Sly Collection, Playstation Move Heroes, Resident Evil 5, Child of Eden, MAG, MLB The Show 11, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 say hi.

Is it worth it? Spending so much time in the PS3 section of the forum trying to shoot down the PS3 at every turn? lol
    Uh, we are talking about games that exlcusivley use Move.
    Im not trying to shoot down the move, all I'm saying is, the problem with it is, it doenst have that many games that really "need" it.

Without that, its never going to catch the sales that Kinect garners.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-26-2011 at 03:37.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Im not trying to shoot down the move, all I'm saying is, the problem with it is, it doenst have that many games that really "need" it.

According to sony we were supposed to be getting at least 34 move only titles by early 2011. I hope they announce some new one for next year. I wonder what Richard Marks and that Anton guy are up to these days. Maybe they are working on the move's successor.

Master Guru
    tell me something! how come Child of Eden was talked about as being a core Kinect game whenever someone said that "Kinect is only good for casual games" & that's a game that can be played with a controller & it's on the PS3 too, but whenever someone speak of all the good games that use the Move controller like Kill Zone 3 & all the other games that's Move compatible, people try to discredit them as move games because they can be played with a normal controller?

22. Likes Nitey , Two4DaMoney , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Of which there are virtually none, so again, its not a unique experience, and totally voluntary

Ahhh ok, looked like you meant Move compatible games. But Why should a game be Move only? Options are better. Ken Levine was won over to the PS Move because Sony pitched him the idea of giving a different control option for his game. He talked about how the Move gave him the chance to let the people who are interested in his games but can't get their head around the controller experience his games. People harp on about how all the core PS3 exclusives that have been given Move functionality are not relevant Move content which is BS because the games I listed above all work perfectly with Move AND the DS3. A game that successfully implements both motion control and normal control is awesome. I think motion control ONLY games are inferior in that regard.

24. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ahhh ok, looked like you meant Move compatible games. But Why should a game be Move only? Options are better. Ken Levine was won over to the PS Move because Sony pitched him the idea of giving a different control option for his game. He talked about how the Move gave him the chance to let the people who are interested in his games but can't get their head around the controller experience his games. People harp on about how all the core PS3 exclusives that have been given Move functionality are not relevant Move content which is BS because the games I listed above all work perfectly with Move AND the DS3. A game that successfully implements both motion control and normal control is awesome. I think motion control ONLY games are inferior in that regard.
    There's nothing wrong with it, and they are relevant to an extent. What Mynd means, and he even explained it, is that Move won't attain the sales that Kinect does because of the "optional" status of the majority of the software that supports it. It needs games like Sorcery, etc., that require it, and only it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    tell me something! how come Child of Eden was talked about as being a core Kinect game whenever someone said that "Kinect is only good for casual games" & that's a game that can be played with a controller & it's on the PS3 too, but whenever someone speak of all the good games that use the Move controller like Kill Zone 3 & all the other games that's Move compatible, people try to discredit them as move games because they can be played with a normal controller?
    Nobody is trying to discredit them. They count as move games, just not move exclusive games.
    People arent necessarily going to buy a move to play them, they might, but they dont have to.
    They need that "Dance Central" type game to really kick this thing into decent sales.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-26-2011 at 05:58.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it, and they are relevant to an extent. What Mynd means, and he even explained it, is that Move won't attain the sales that Kinect does because of the "optional" status of the majority of the software that supports it. It needs games like Sorcery, etc., that require it, and only it.
    Hmm Well they are relevant to a large extent. It has been the Move and DS3 controllable games that won over Randy Pitchford and ken Levine, not Move ONLY games. Kinect can keep its sales gap, I'll look forward to the possibility of Borderlands 2 and Aliens: AC with Move and Shapshooter support and Bioshock Infinite with 3D and Move next year. It's the gaming experience that matters to me, not the sales figures.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Reinventing the light gun is all well and good, but it's hardly a new thing.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Hmm Well they are relevant to a large extent. It has been the Move and DS3 controllable games that won over Randy Pitchford and ken Levine, not Move ONLY games. Kinect can keep its sales gap, I'll look forward to the possibility of Borderlands 2 and Aliens: AC with Move and Shapshooter support and Bioshock Infinite with 3D and Move next year. It's the gaming experience that matters to me, not the sales figures.
    smh, of course they are relevant, to an extent. I like when a supposedly good thread, turns out to be "not so good" once all the info is actually posted, then it becomes about something else. Look, I love move just like you.. or else I wouldn't have bought two of them, nav controller, and sharpshooter... for the experience with the same games you've quoted. However, this is a thread about the sales numbers, and that's what it's about; like it or not.

The thread failed on that aspect alone. Quoting numbers from March for Kinect, and someone pretending like Kinect hasn't sold a single unit for the past eight months, in order to place Move only a million behind. It's false information, and misleading as hell; "spin" would be a kind way to put it to say the least.

Master Guru
    Reinventing the light gun is all well and good, but it's hardly a new thing.
    I never seen a light gun that give you true position sensing.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I never seen a light gun that give you true position sensing.
    What when you point at the screen?
    Of course they did.

I know the move is capable of so much more, but purely as a point at a target and shoot tool, its nothing new, and its no more accurate than the old light guns.
    Now in saying that, light guns no longer work with modern TV's so it is more than capable replacement for it.

Thread Information