Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    No, no no... IMAX is pretty damn awesome. MI4 and of course TDK made wonderful use of aerial shots and epic action. Not to mention a very cool reveal of The Joker.

Now The Dark Knight Rises which is going way beyond anything else with just under half the movie in full IMAX. SICK!

And I will give Ridley a chance, test his use of 3D. I mean I watched Avatar several times in it, saw Transformers and Tron in 3D. I kind of owe it to THE man to see what he's capable of in that aspect. But I would understand if you guys don't bother with 3D. I pretty much stopped caring as well.

If this movie were in native IMAX and not 3D, I might just be in sci-fi heaven.
    Last thing i saw in 3D was that Michael Jackson thing at Disneyland like 15 years ago.
    Havent had the desire to see anything else in 3D.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    As per the first trailer which had 3 teasers being about 20 secs in length, this too has a teaser and possibly more to come as the week continues:

I'm seriously hoping this second trailer isn't another atmospheric montage... not that the first one wasn't cool but I'm dieting to get some semblance of story here. That and it's just weird to only have 1 minute trailers. And it is a little bit disappointing with these teasers.

Ultimate Veteran
    I would rather they just forget about releasing teaser trailers altogether, for the simple fact that once the official trailer does come out, you've already seen all of the footage. :/

Besides, I know most people can wait a week to see a new trailer.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I agree, teasers are just publicity...

Even if it were 3 teasers equating to about 40-45 seconds... that should not be the whole trailer. Even half the trailer is cutting it tight. I still believe in trailers giving away too much is bad, but we haven't had ONE sentence of dialogue. I'd like to at least get some idea... but if this second trailer ranks in at 1 minute again then so be it. I'll be a little disappointed but maybe that's just me.

Ultimate Veteran
    I share the same sentiment. Usually with trailers, you start off with the 1-minute debut/teaser trailer before seeing a 2-3 minute theatrical trailer that explains more of the story later in the year. I rarely see several teasers for a single trailer though. Can you imagine James Cameron doing the same thing with the Avatar sequel?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    LOL The Green Lantern had the entire backstory in the trailer. That was funny $#@!. I do have to say thanks to them. Next time I don't have to bother watching the movie. Its already in an official 2 and a half minute summary.

Oh dude, with Cameron and Avatar I got one better... Re-releasing the trailer "See the trailer again like never before, in 3D" I would very much like to see that happen.

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm surprised the movie is even getting a sequel, to be honest. But it will be interesting if Cameron can write a better story this time around.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm surprised the movie is even getting a sequel, to be honest. But it will be interesting if Cameron can write a better story this time around.
    Umm... highest grossing movie ever?

Ultimate Veteran
    Umm... highest grossing movie ever?
    Oh, right. Just forget I said that. >.<

PSU Technical Advisor

I took this screen grab from the 1080p version of that teaser trailer. Here you can clearly see the 'creature'/mutated crew member throwing this guy. Also notice the dead flamethrower dude on the floor in the background.

Look at the monster, you can see a hooded type elongated head (Alien-ish) and its a slightly dark grey/green color..

Edit: Some people think it's this guy part of his suit matches up in both (look at the front in this picture, compare it to the creature throwing the man). The mutated portions look right..

Here's another version that I pointed out some of his features:

Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-13-2012 at 03:28.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    That's VERY blurred and mostly hidden... still part of me believes you. I don't see many other explanations for it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    It's clear enough to know that thing is definitely NOT human, or atleast not anymore. It clearly has an elongated head.. And the suit doesn't look like the rest.

So it's either a mutant, a SJ, or some new creature..

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    This is your best argument:

I think you'll agree the screens you posted are a continuation of this attack.

PSU Technical Advisor
    It's the same vehicle yea, RT02 and flamethrower guy is seen to be dead in the trailer (on the ground).

What is weird, though, is that the thing throwing the Prometheus crew member is NOT that guy.. Unless he's rapidly going through a mutation. His proportions are not correct, he's too human in that shot.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    The head of that creature does appear to be solid and not necessarily part of the suit. Obviously this is all speculation but maybe... the flames are a catalyst for the mutation? In order for the flame guy to go down, the mutated crew member I would think had to have gotten some flame to the face or something to that effect.

PSU Technical Advisor
    The head of that creature does appear to be solid and not necessarily part of the suit. Obviously this is all speculation but maybe... the flames are a catalyst for the mutation? In order for the flame guy to go down, the mutated crew member I would think had to have gotten some flame to the face or something to that effect.
    Possible yea. You can see fire on the thing's back.. Additionally, if you play the trailer frame by frame you notice that his limbs are insanely inhuman. They're long and spindley.

I'm not saying this is a 'protoalien' but his shape and physique remind me of the Alien- slender and long (legs/arms). Def not human anymore...

What's weirder still is, as you pointed out, the head. In the shot where he's jumping on flamethrower guy he still looks fairly human. fairly normal, if not slightly pale skin. The creature though? It looks dark. Green/gray/black whatever... Any color that isn't normally associated with human.

A fairly speedy transformation after the advent of 'symptoms' would be in line with what Ridley did in Alien. Facehugger on Kane --->few hours pass--->intense hunger---BAM alien explodes from chest--->short time later (again) full grown alien.

The movie took place within a 24 hour time period roughly, so the creatures growth cycle was clearly absurdly quick.

It would follow, therefore, that other Jockey creations would have similar properties.. It could explain Mohawk man and his duel with flamethrower dude.

BTW, flamethrowers in space never made any sense to me. It's like having chainsaws on Mars in Doom(all games). Doom 3 atleast had the presence of mind to poke fun at itself and explain it on a datapad entry as an 'accidental shipment' lmao, and the dock manager was like "why in the hell would we need chainsaws on mars?"

I feel that way about flame throwers, as cool as they are.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Lmao, your really pulling in Doom when talking about practicality let alone realism? That was never its intention. The dude finished off hell only to discover his bunny was decapitated lol. You can kill cyberdaemons with shotguns. It was strictly fun gameplay.

Umm... if you listen to the commentary in Alien, Ridley mentions there's certain things that wouldn't realistically happen. They're choices though to keep the mood going. I remember something about CO2 bursting from pipes or whatever and he said that wouldn't be the case in reality. Or something to that effect.

It's like when people have guns with today's ammo. So many sci-fi movies and games do that. Mostly because if you bring energy weapons or lasers into the picture that doesn't feel real. We can't relate to any of that. In the trailer there's a shot where three of them are walking in and one is shooting what looks like a traditional pistol.

Btw, something i didn't pick up on with the TED speech. I'm assuming most of you already realized, for some reason it didn't hit me for a while. I don't know if Peter Weyland actually founded Weyland Industries (wiki would probably clear that up in a second) but he mentions cybernetic organisms to look identical to people "in a few short years". I realized that's early in the timeline for this movie. I was trying to figure out how we might have spaceships by 2023 at first. Now it fits together better.

I don't know if this spoiler is revealed early on in the movie, if it's a twist later so read at your own discretion.

Also, Fassbender mentions Prometheus will have a similar pace to Alien. So you can start to imagine how some of these scenes will line-up.

“It’s a slow burn,” Fassbender told IFC. “There are again sort of action sequences in it of course, but they’re there at the right time to serve the plot as opposed to just filling in another scene.”
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 03-14-2012 at 01:34.

PSU Technical Advisor
    MOAR PHOTOS FOR THE PHOTO GODS

You can more clearly see what I'm talking about here. Definitely a creature, no longer human.. Possibly a Space Jockey? Or just a mutant?

These photos are not mine though, they're from AVPGALAXY.

Here's a better view of 'mutating guy' from one of the early clips. This was posted before, but I think this is a better image:

Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-17-2012 at 01:27.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Tomorrow's the big day.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    My xenomorph is excited

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I found this trailer and i havent seen it before.
    Trailer

22. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Dude

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Dude
    Dude what?

Ultimate Veteran
    Dude, he likes it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Trying not to watch.... eek, it's only a minute

Haven't watched it yet, only looked at the running time.

Let's see what the official release turns out in a little over 12 hours.

Thread Information