Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    omfg

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Two more photos, obviously similar to the previous set. The top may be of some speculation:

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    $#@!: achieved

Ultimate Veteran
    Interesting mural.

It looks very much like the shot of the wall we see Shaw commenting on, asking the Prometheus crew if they're seeing it and how it's changing, in the trailer.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-13-2012 at 00:41.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Tough to say for sure, but it seems to be.

PSU Technical Advisor
    It's the same. Notice the creature to the left of the jockey.. From what I can see, it appears to be holding its head between its knees... The jockey's arm is either a part of its head or is covered behind it. The relationship between the two is, of course, completely unknown.

Individuals who saw the screening in Paris stated that, briefly, it showed a creature rise up on screen. It's face looked like a flower or a maw with teeth like appendages.

Additionally the shot of the cave painting showing the SJ pointing to the stars has a 'white creature' to his left that appears to be attacking humans. Some speculate there is a connection there..

It looks like a regular bore to me, though. Some kind of pig.

Here is an enhanced version of the cave painting image:

Ultimate Veteran
    New image from the Project Prometheus website:

This looks like the medical pod that extracts the squid-like alien from Shaw.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-13-2012 at 01:13.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    What, they can't afford the 1080p model?

9. Likes Metal King Slime, Lebowski likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    New image from the Project Prometheus website:

This looks like the medical pod that extracts the squid-like alien from Shaw.
    I really hope this gets made in real life...actually I hope all of Weyland's (according to the timeline for prometheus) technology and cancer crue happens in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    What, they can't afford the 1080p model?
    LOL

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Through a promo, Verizon released 30 images from the movie. I'm not about to sift through them all. They're mixed in with some older ones but most are obviously new.

http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Prometheus

Ultimate Veteran
    Not much to see, actually. But we do have a nice shot of Prometheus.

Ultimate Veteran
    Also, courtesy of Project Prometheus, the RTO1 Transport.

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-14-2012 at 04:23.

PSU Technical Advisor
    This is a .gif comparing the original Giger Mural for Alien (showing the alien life cycle, it was never featured in the 1979 original) with the Space Jockey organic wall painting.

It's an exact match.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Scott on director's cuts and run time of Prometheus. Clearly he isn't taking an exact stance, which I kind of like. Directors that say one thing for sure and then change it up later make it hard to believe what they say. And as an artist/director/editor myself, cutting narratives for me isn't an exact science, our views tend to change (on our own work) as time passes. Let alone at the time of release when you try to put out the film you think is right.

One thing that does seem pretty firm is the run time which is nicely right around 2 hours. This isn't a bloated sci-fi film nor does it sound like it's cut too short.

"The cut that you're gonna see in cinemas…it's always the director's cut, really," Scott recently told assembled press at the Paris press conference for the film. He goes on to explain that while the advent of DVD has allowed directors the opportunity to showcase longer cuts of their movies, he believes that the theatrical version is always the cut that directors intend. But of course, Scott has been one of the biggest enthusiasts of directors' cuts on home video. "Blade Runner" and "Kingdom Of Heaven" in particular got expanded or re-edited, so too did "Legend," so we'll have to see what happens when "Prometheus" exits the multiplex and makes its way to your DVD or BluRay player.

Scott does admit there is one movie where he felt he had snipped too much, before revealing how long "Prometheus" will run in theaters. "I've only made a mistake once on cutting a film short -- I won't say what it is right now, because this is not the time -- but I removed 17 minutes off a movie, and I didn't ruin it, but it wasn't [as effective]," Scott said. "In this instance, you got a pretty good version here, pretty good cut. We're running at about -- I think without the end titles, which normally run about four to five minutes -- we're running one hour, fifty-nine minutes and change. It's very tight, it's what it should be."

Ultimate Veteran
    2 hours is a pretty solid running time. Compared to Alien, it's about 3 minutes longer.

PSU Technical Advisor
    The alien connection has been staring us in the face... From a piece of work by Giger that has existed since the 1979 original.

As pointed out before, notice how the background for the Prometheus mural matches the original design from Alien.

Notice Holloway's eye in this picture with the parasite.. Compare it to the very top of the mural, right below the woman's body:

And of course we have Shaw having a C-section done on her in the automated med bay, with a strange eel/squidlike creature being the resulting infant.

We also know that Shaw and Holloway, seemingly, had sex (at the very least they're lovers as established by interviews/Scott) given the scene from the trailer where they're in the same bed naked and Holloway is holding his head. This is presumably prior to $#@! 'totally hitting the fan'.

This theory has definitely been discussed elsewhere, prob on the Prometheus boards. I side with it.

I think Shaw is going to give birth to a creature which is directly responsible for the alien eggs in the 1979 movie. That is to say, it will create the first batch of them. Not necessarily the exact ones we see in the original movie.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I need to stop coming into this thread.... this just ruined sex. Seriously hope that's not in the movie...

PSU Technical Advisor
    Uh.. Alien was all about sex, man. Thematically it was about the violence of sex and rape.

Giger's work revolves around the sexual aspects of human nature. The Alien was, as initially designed by Giger in Necromonicon IV as an enormous phallace symbol.

It's head is a $#@! and it kills people by 'penetrating' through their head. the facehugger is also designed to be male/female genitalia and tap into the male psyche.. I.E. being afraid of forced $#@!sexual oral rape.

This is also why Lambert in Alien was heavily implied to be 'raped to death' by the Alien:

Similarly, this is why in the AVP (the latest game) the Alien has a move where he shoves his tail up an enemy's rectum and through their mouth.

So for a few reasons I suspect that, like in the first Alien, sex will be a prominent undertone in this movie.

=D

Sorry, I ramble on. The original alien was just so damn cerebral and well done on every level. I geek out about it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Now what has been seen cannot be unseen.

21. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Before this, I never found Alien about sex or rape. But if it is then that's fine if those are very subtle influences... but this is now Species on a more grim level. I mean two people with parasites in them $#@!ing then the woman gives birth to a hideous squid-alien-creature? What-am-I watching The Human Centipede?

This is why finding out about this stuff prematurely and out of context is bad. Now I'm doubting this movie.

Ultimate Veteran
    It actually doesn't sound any worse than what happens in Alien.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Alien had overt sexual undertones, especially pertaining to rape. It was the goal of Scott, the writer and Giger to convey this. It's part of the reason the movie had been so successful- it was such a smart and new design. It was radically different than any other sci fi horror flick before it.

I dunno what to tell you man, this is what the Alien movies have always, always been about.

See here:

And out of that '$#@!' comes a long tube that inserts into your throat and lays a tiny egg. Rape.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It actually doesn't sound any worse than what happens in Alien.
    A man played host to an Alien punching through his rib cage. This is full out procreation of an alien creature with a woman no less having a C-section, which of course is an actual option for child birth. The whole thing of worms/parasites in people during sex and leading to climax is like STDs gone really wrong. Actually with that said, some incident have to happen for them to be host to something... who would jump into bed after that?

I'm more upset that I know these details before seeing the movie now. Out of all of the movies coming out, I wanted to keep this one a mystery. This is the most mysterious blockbuster to hit this year. As far as the sex stuff, I probably just need to sleep it off.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 04-17-2012 at 06:27.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that facehugger's hole looks remotely close to a $#@!

PSU Technical Advisor
    John Carpenter did something similar with the Thing- he based it off the AIDS virus which was at the time a 'new thing'.

also Giger temple = Prometheus temple. This is old work of his:

Thread Information