Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style

Anyone know when BF3 gets D/L content from Day1?

I tweeted to BF just now about the upcoming patch, but not really anything concrete in their reply...

Attachment 3860

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    What I'd like to know is when are they going to sort out the servers so I can actually play the game again. It's rare that I can actually join multiplayer these days since they started patching the servers even though the browser is showing plenty of slots free. A game you can't actually get to play is more broken that a game you can play that has overpowered flashlights.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I haven't had any problem playing (as in, joining multiplayer).

So much so that I've never started a campaign-mode game since I bought the game, day one.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I haven't had any problem playing (as in, joining multiplayer).

So much so that I've never started a campaign-mode game since I bought the game, day one.
    I never had a problem joining from day 1, but recently I'm finding it hard to get into a match. I'm constantly told that it couldn't connect to the server and I need to check my internet connection (which is perfectly fine and stable). From what I've read I'm not the only one having this issue either as it's being reported quite a bit.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Could be location, I suppose. I'm in central Alabama, USA. You are NAT2 or better?
    I've logged over 100hrs playtime and don't ever get issues in-game. Has to be server-related.

Veteran
    Haven't had any issues with mp, but hopefully they'll release a patch for those having issues next week when Back to Karkand is out.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    There really has been a lot of problem in joining servers lately.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Superior Member
    I didn't have problems at release but this weekend I couldn't find a game at all. Sort this out!
    PSN ID: Bakous

Dedicated Member
    Patch is in certification as announced via Blog Post when the PC one was released...
    Anyway what D/L Content :S

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    LOL the answer is so useless, he said what we already know.Could spare time and dont bother even responding if he doesnt have any other interesting info.

D/L content is the map expansion Back to Karkand.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyExile View Post
    What I'd like to know is when are they going to sort out the servers so I can actually play the game again. It's rare that I can actually join multiplayer these days since they started patching the servers even though the browser is showing plenty of slots free. A game you can't actually get to play is more broken that a game you can play that has overpowered flashlights.
    i have similar problems, however when i asked on this forum nobody else had any.
    selecting quick match never works for me anymore but joining from server browser works. if others are having the same problem then it could explain why a lot of games i do enter are unfairly balanced

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSight View Post
    i have similar problems, however when i asked on this forum nobody else had any.
    selecting quick match never works for me anymore but joining from server browser works. if others are having the same problem then it could explain why a lot of games i do enter are unfairly balanced
    We are talking about the #PS3 version of BF3 here, that's why I posted in the PS3 Games section. I think you're referring to the PC version, and you might get more answers in that particular area...as nobody here is going to be using discussing PC much.

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    We are talking about the #PS3 version of BF3 here, that's why I posted in the PS3 Games section. I think you're referring to the PC version, and you might get more answers in that particular area...as nobody here is going to be using discussing PC much.
    I assume you haven't seen the server browser on the PS3 version then?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyExile View Post
    I assume you haven't seen the server browser on the PS3 version then?
    Yeah it has one too. Yaaayyyy!!!!!

()
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Veteran
    Just a heads up, Back to Karkand will be out Dec. 7 for PS3, Dec. 14 for the rest.

Forum Overseer

All of you going through the server browser, make sure you have US west, east and central chosen only. Unless you're not from US, yea.

Thread Information