Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru

Move Fitness - Final Version Gameplay

Last edited by ONQ; 11-29-2011 at 23:00.

Superior Member

played the demo of this a very good move game, will defo pick up when i next get paid

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Is there any addictive/fun activities? I need a second Move, the game is only 12 at shopto.net
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    There are some fun games like chopping fruit, but the motion detection isn't as good as other games and it is a bit off putting in 3D space..

PS4 has little to no competition.

Apprentice

This game looks so much better and fun then Sports Champion 2! Is it out yet?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by melleka View Post
    This game looks so much better and fun then Sports Champion 2! Is it out yet?
    Not yet, maybe late next year at the earliest.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Not yet, maybe late next year at the earliest.
    Oh well... thanks for the info.
    Here's the third video on Move Fitness.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    All fitness video games make me ...lol. Good for those who can't find the time at a gym though.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    All fitness video games make me ...lol. Good for those who can't find the time at a gym though.
    it's not really about how good of a work out you can get from a video game but the fact that it can get you motivated to workout & they burn calories just like any other cardio workouts but with the game you have more fun & you can do it at home.

a Gym isn't going to magically make you get in shape you have to be motivated to keep going or to get started & that's what some of these games will help people at who don't want to go to the Gym right now. but if they get into it enough they will go to the Gym or buy their own Workout equipment.

I never been to the Gym to workout but my Aunt stays in the Gym & she love playing The Fight: Lights Out because of the workout that she get from it & I know she will love this game whenever it comes out in the US.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    it's not really about how good of a work out you can get from a video game but the fact that it can get you motivated to workout & they burn calories just like any other cardio workouts but with the game you have more fun & you can do it at home.

a Gym isn't going to magically make you get in shape you have to be motivated to keep going or to get started & that's what some of these games will help people at who don't want to go to the Gym right now. but if they get into it enough they will go to the Gym or buy their own Workout equipment.

I never been to the Gym to workout but my Aunt stays in the Gym & she love playing The Fight: Lights Out because of the workout that she get from it & I know she will love this game whenever it comes out in the US.
    That's why I said its good for people who can't find time for the gym. Its basically for those novice people. It also depends on what your goals are. For me, its the gym. A game like that won't do me any good.

Master Guru
    That's why I said its good for people who can't find time for the gym. Its basically for those novice people. It also depends on what your goals are. For me, its the gym. A game like that won't do me any good.
    even NFL & NBA players play Madden & NBA 2K so I'm not sure how going to the Gym would make anyone too high & above playing a fitness game.

it's still a game when was the last time you seen someone say "I'm a real car thief these grand theft auto games can't do anything for me"

Forum Sage
    even NFL & NBA players play Madden & NBA 2K so I'm not sure how going to the Gym would make anyone too high & above playing a fitness game.

it's still a game when was the last time you seen someone say "I'm a real car thief these grand theft auto games can't do anything for me"
    They play those games as fans of the sport or the game itself. The difference is that NFL/NBA players actually go out and play those sports for a living. They aren't substituting anything. You won't see any bodybuilder or personal trainer in front of a t.v. banging it out to a fitness game unless they are endorsing it for money purposes. Health and fitness goes way beyond what a game is capable of.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-08-2011 at 14:33.

Master Guru
    They play those games as fans of the sport or the game itself. The difference is that NFL/NBA players actually go out and play those sports for a living. They aren't substituting anything. You won't see any bodybuilder or personal trainer in front of a t.v. banging it out to a fitness game unless they are endorsing it for money purposes. Health and fitness goes way beyond what a game is capable of.
    that's where you fail to understand that no matter what you do you're still human & humans have different thoughts & taste no matter what they do for a living.

to think that because someone is a bodybuilder it's going to change what kind of games they like is just crazy.

that's like thinking that a Singer wouldn't want to play Sing Star or a dancer wouldn't want to play Dance Central.

now do you see how silly it is.

Forum Sage
    that's where you fail to understand that no matter what you do you're still human & humans have different thoughts & taste no matter what they do for a living.

to think that because someone is a bodybuilder it's going to change what kind of games they like is just crazy.

that's like thinking that a Singer wouldn't want to play Sing Star or a dancer wouldn't want to play Dance Central.

now do you see how silly it is.
    You're right..that's why i said it depends on what your goal is. If you just wanna have fun and just game, its fine. But no game is gonna properly teach you all there is to know about health and fitness. Its mainly for people who lack any knowledge in that area. You won't hear any trainer telling someone to go out and get move/kinect fitness to get healthier. I know I wouldn't. Also, I never said bodybuilders, singers, or dancers don't play games. You are twisting my words... If you read my first post, I said the games are good for those who don't have time for the gym but they aren't for someone who is serious about getting better overall health.

A person who wants to learn game design and development isn't gonna learn that by playing games. He gets educated in IT.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-08-2011 at 18:08.

Apprentice

T hi sgame looks interesting to me, I'll likely check it out. As for goals and such...if it werent for games like this, the just dance games, some other dance and fitness titles, I would probably never excercise at all. So for me these titles really help to keep me from complete 'tato-dom.

Apprentice

So ONQ how is the Move fitness?...Did you buy it? I still play the fight several times a week but wouldn't mind a change. Its a cheap game to buy and I own 2 move controllers , so what's your verdict mate?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    So ONQ how is the Move fitness?...Did you buy it? I still play the fight several times a week but wouldn't mind a change. Its a cheap game to buy and I own 2 move controllers , so what's your verdict mate?
    it's not out in the US but I have the demo from the UK store it's ok so far but I would have to try out more of the game before I can make a judgement on it.

Apprentice
    I bought the game as it was only ?10 and needed to do some workout during the cold dark winter months.

I bought 'the fight' and expected great things but was ultimately disappointed. This (by the same developer I believe) is great in my opinion. It definately has a focus on upper body workout and there are a number of boxing/punching related workouts, so if you are into that it would be a good purchase. There are aerobic type exercises but they are variations on a theme and give a workout but are not as interesting to me.

The tracking is very accurate, though I would recommend having plenty of space as it is no good just standing on the spot.

One of the workouts has you hitting targets that appear on a flexible dummy. You have to move left and right in order to position yourself for a strike. You viewpoint changes in relation to the dummy as you move, it feels very immersive and accurate.

It would be nice to have a bit more structure to the workouts, i.e. a weekly workout program as is the case with EA sports active but for ?10 it is a bargain and even if you end up using it as a collection of mini games its good fun.

If the improved tech shown in this game can be incorporated into 'The Fight 2', I could turn out to be a corking game.

Thread Information