Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

The PlayStation 3 isn't being advertised enough

Is it just me, or is the PS3 not being advertised enough?

I mean, not trying to make this into a console war thread, but I see Xbox 360 commercials 3-1 on PlayStation 3 commercials.

I hope Sony does more advertising with the PS Vita.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony don't do advertising well... plain and simple. I don't care what advertising the Vita gets to be honest. I already know I'm getting it.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Well it all comes down to budgets doesn't it. There was news around the time Uc3 was coming out that Sony were spending Ģ5m on advertising it in the UK alone, yet in the first week the sales werent exactly blockbuster

Microsoft have spent billions on advertising and now the brand awareness of the Xbox is through the roof. It really is 'the console to have' as far as the general public are concerned

Soldier 95B
    Well, that could be true Blackwolf. Though I don't watch maybe more than an hour of tv a week, and that is usually the ID channel, which never has commercial gated towards gamers. I do see some Xbox commercials during some of the NFL games that I catch, but they are the official sponsor, so that is not surprising.

Maybe the PS3 is advertised more in other countries, and not as much in the US? They did reach nearly 60 million already, so they are advertising some place I imagine.

Super Elite
    I always see Playstation commercials but never any Xbox. Sony just needs to do better advertising and Not ever do that creepy baby commercial, haha!
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Sony really does need to do better advertisement. I've seen a few new commercials from them though.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I see Xbox 360 commercials 3-1 on PlayStation 3 commercials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    I always see Playstation commercials but never any Xbox.
    I think these guys watch different channels

Superior Member
    Its easier to make ads when you don't spend money on exclusive games.

9. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Super Elite
    Microsoft spends money on exclusives too.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

11. Likes *goo likes this post

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    That's weird. Lately I've seen more PS3 commercials, could just be the channels I watch though.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Maybe the PS3 is advertised more in other countries, and not as much in the US? They did reach nearly 60 million already, so they are advertising some place I imagine.
    It must be, because the PS3 is doing better in Japan and Europe.

What confuses me then, is why aren't they advertising more in the U.S.? If they want to sell more in the U.S., they need to advertise more in the U.S.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    UK advertising has been much better lately, more ads than usual but still could be more. Glad to see the new guy at SCEE doing what he said he would which was to push the PS3 more in the UK. Its the only other place where the 360 is beating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    wesmore24
    Items EA LogoBattlefield 3Bruce LeeUser name style
    That's true. I'm sure that they will have some commercials for the Vita. Remember when the Move came out? They had a lot of commercials advertising that, I'd expect them to do the same for the Vita.

What happened to all those PS3 commercials with this guy?:
    kevin-butler-ps3-commercial-569x320.jpg

Dedicated Member
    I don't know, I've seen as many ps3 commercials as 360 but it might be a different story in the US.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    RadioPS_Will
    I've seen a lot more this year but I do agree with you. I see the 360 advertised everywhere!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Sony spend the majority of their money on making games. MS spend the majority of theirs on adversing games. As a gamer I know which I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Microsoft have spent billions on advertising and now the brand awareness of the Xbox is through the roof. It really is 'the console to have' as far as the general public are concerned
    I don't agree, at least not in Europe. The name Playstation is synonymous with games console. I know people who don't have a clue about this stuff who just call their son's or brother's consoles Playstation's, even if they are actually 360's, Wii's or even a DS. In popular culture you never hear Xbox mentioned, but Playstation is routinely. I'm not sure MS will ever make as deep inroads into public consciousness - even if the spend the earth trying.

19. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

I don't agree, at least not in Europe. The name Playstation is synonymous with games console. I know people who don't have a clue about this stuff who just call their son's or brother's consoles Playstation's, even if they are actually 360's, Wii's or even a DS. In popular culture you never hear Xbox mentioned, but Playstation is routinely. I'm not sure MS will ever make as deep inroads into public consciousness - even if the spend the earth trying.

Yepp right. In Europe Playstation is the ultimate synonyme for games console. If someone ask a football star if he plays then its always "Do u play FIFA on Playstation?" not Xbox nor Wii just Playstation. Its the same with Talk Shows or Late Night Shows. So i think Sony has a very strong name in Europe and they donīt need that much advertising. And you see most ads when some big titles coming up like Uncharted 3 that game was heavy advertised here in Germany 1 week before it launched.
    Last edited by bariton1; 11-30-2011 at 13:35.

21. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Nah you're right. In europe as a whole the Playstation brand is super strong - no doubt about that. However I find that in the UK it's a little different, it's probably more like how the US is for the Xbox brand. In my social circle people assume you just have an Xbox and girls that don't know anything about the differences between the two assume the same, lol. This is just from my own experience ofcourse.

Software sales obviously state otherwise and suggest that the Playstation brand is how you suggest it is, in Europe as a whole.

As for hearing Playstation being mentioned in pop culture that reminded me of when Messi scored 4 against us at the Nou Camp and the boss in the post match interview described him as 'playstation' xD. Bad times

Super Elite
    Items Microsoft LogoApple
    Interesting news came a few days ago - three people responsible for advertising the PS3 in the U.S. have all left this year. Two this past week and the other in April. A new person has now come in - started in October.

some of the comercials are misleading at the end of the you see the x box 360 sign like it's only on xbox so when people see that they run out and buy it on xbox 360

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerty2 View Post
    some of the comercials are misleading at the end of the you see the x box 360 sign like it's only on xbox so when people see that they run out and buy it on xbox 360
    That's just smart advertisement. If you are paying for it, why would you include the competition?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-04-2011 at 02:12.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I rarely see console advertises on TV, usually its uncharted 3 and saints row 3. I'm surprised I've yet to see a Skyrim commercial yet.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

they do have comerical

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    wesmore24
    Items EA LogoBattlefield 3Bruce LeeUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I rarely see console advertises on TV, usually its uncharted 3 and saints row 3. I'm surprised I've yet to see a Skyrim commercial yet.
    There used to be a lot of Skyrim commercials. Although they advertised it as an XBOX 360 game.

Superior Member
    I see Playstation 3 Ads all the time, aswell as Xbox 360.
    Ever since i got Austar
    I see them roughly 5 times a day. Depending ofcourse whatever i'm watching and when i'm watching tv,lol

Mind you thou, i rarely saw them on free to air

Thread Information