Hybrid View

PSN ID
    KDA420

PS3 repair ploblem

Please read below...
    Last edited by KDA420; 12-01-2011 at 21:42.

PSN ID
    KDA420
    Let me re-explain a little clearer and less rushed...

My friend gave me his old ps3 that he has not used in ages since he corrupted it by turning it of during a system update.
    When i 1st plugged it in, it seemed to quickly complete this installation, followed by asking me if i wanted to use HDMI, I said yes, and was greeted by blankness.

After this there was no way i could get any signal or response from the console..

I removed the battery from the motherboard, to flash the bios, and a couple hours later it seemed to work, it turned on, i used my old low res cable.

I managed to do a system restore and HDD format, but it just seems to crash/freeze in the menu's or somthing now.

This is very annoying speccially since it seems i have to flash the bios for atleast a couple hours before i can even try again....

Does anyone know what could be causing this? is it a software error, or more physical?

It just doesn't seem to make sense to me, unless it is 2 unrelated problems.

Any advice or links on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Keiran.

P.S sorry about the newbie rushed post before, I had 2 minutes before work XD.

PSN ID
    KDA420
    After a little bit of thought I believe that it also has a GPU problem, reasons being that;
    HDMI doesn't work
    Blank screen most time,
    Few seconds of life follewed by freezing/pixalating when it does turn on...

It doesn't have the LLOD, But i feel it could be a simuler cure... any thoughts?

Thread Information