Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    Shift_andrew
    It's great that the current generation is running longer and saving us from having to buy new consoles again, but it's also causing games to stagnate. Typically, in the first half of the generation you get all the new IPs. When the PS3 was fairly new, we got new stuff like Uncharted, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet and other third party stuff like Dead Space and Assassin's Creed. Now that we're in the back half of this console generation, everyone's in sequel mode. There were some good games this fall, but pretty much all of them were sequels (most of them the third game in their franchise). I'm looking forward to the next generation starting up because I want to see some creative new stuff/risks taken again.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_andrew View Post
    It's great that the current generation is running longer and saving us from having to buy new consoles again, but it's also causing games to stagnate. Typically, in the first half of the generation you get all the new IPs. When the PS3 was fairly new, we got new stuff like Uncharted, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet and other third party stuff like Dead Space and Assassin's Creed. Now that we're in the back half of this console generation, everyone's in sequel mode. There were some good games this fall, but pretty much all of them were sequels (most of them the third game in their franchise). I'm looking forward to the next generation starting up because I want to see some creative new stuff/risks taken again.

This 100%

Sony are bringing a few new IPs in 2012 but most games are now sequels. Everything seems to get sequels nowadays, probably because its less risky and its only going to get worse as development costs go up and up and up. Another reason why I would rather next gen held off while development prices reduce a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    I Completely agree AaronSOLDIER
    In the past month I got: Resistance 3, Battlefield 3, Gears 3, MW3, AC: Revelations, RF Armageddon.
    Anyone see the pattern here?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    No, it's not..I just made it up. But I'll be certain g when I get home to go and search endlessly on this forum for the post from jack Trenton. Thanks for dispelling and writing me off as a nutjob.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Ultimate Veteran
    a few more games and a better price drop

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I'd be surprised if they ever brought us cross game chat and even more surprised if it was for everyone and not just PS+. So god damnit Sony, surprise the shit outta me because that's worth 5 new IP's by itself and is by far your weakest hand against Xbox

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I'd be surprised if they ever brought us cross game chat and even more surprised if it was for everyone and not just PS+. So god damnit Sony, surprise the shit outta me because that's worth 5 new IP's by itself and is by far your weakest hand against Xbox
    Cross Game Chat is their weakest hand? Get real dude, it's not even that big of a feature.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    Cross Game Chat is their weakest hand? Get real dude, it's not even that big of a feature.
    Maybe not for you specifically, but for many of us, we want it and enjoy it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Firmware 4.00 just came out wiith nothing but Vita support. Sony better nuke us with goodies for this dissapointment. point O firmwares' supposed to be HUGE!
    nuclear_bomb_oil_spill.jpg

Veteran
    Yes it is

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    No it isn't
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    no way. I'd take those 5 new ip's anyday over cross game chat.

I thought it was said to be impossible to add it due to how the memory is shared or something like that. I'd rather they just hold off on that feature until the ps4 arrives.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Sadly, features > games nowadays.

yay, next gen!

14. Likes Two4DaMoney wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    it's not even that big of a feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B
    we want it
    Yes it is
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    No it isn't
    Who's on first?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER

yay, next gen!

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    Im hoping for (but doubt) a new redesigned and ultra optimized OS to squeeze in new features
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I like announcements for announcements!
    More like announcements for announcements for announcements.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Last week Sony revealed a URL on their EU blog site. The URL took you to a rather mysterious page which simply had a speech bubble with a running count down timer. Two days ago the timer finally elapsed to reveal a teaser trailer. The teaser showed a TV playing some kind of video that was distorted with static and once again had a count down timer. This timer elapsed yesterday and the mystery was finally revealed with a trailer announcing the man who would be making an important announcement that we "wouldn't believe". This morning he uploaded a video to the official Playstation youtube channel, and after recapping recent PS3 news, announced that Sony would be making an amazing announcement at the VGAs this weekend.
    Source.

Ok, I have brought this announcement saga to an epic, fulfilling and satisfying end. Lets move on!
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I personally hope it's a milf hunter game...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Source.

Ok, I have brought this announcement saga to an epic, fulfilling and satisfying end. Lets move on!
    Wow what an epic series of announcements!

yay, next gen!

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    It's only not a big feature because of the way round the issue is. You bet if MS didn't have it then it would be a whole reason to buy a PS3

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    This thread just saved my life. I told you guys I'd forget about the VGA's, but thanks to this thread, I was reminded. Time to record it in anticipation of me forgetting again.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Veteran
    No it isn't
    For people who play online and want stable, working voice chat, yes it is.

If voice chat offered by the majority of games was any good it would not be such a big issue, but voice chat is horrible on many games. Especially EA games, and I play BF and Fifa online a lot. As do loads of other people. It also makes getting a squad/team together a piece of cake, compared to the protracted and painful experience it often is when you are trying to organise something via the text box or messages.

Forum Elder
    Everything seems to get sequels nowadays, probably because its less risky and its only going to get worse as development costs go up and up and up.
    no...

if you make a successful new IP, then people will want the 2nd, the 3rd etc etc and if your dev is doing that sequel, it aint gonna have time to work on new IP?

just look at PS3 exclusives, those devs just cant spend the time on new IP because we want the next InFamous or Uncharted etc.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Not really, a lot of older games didn't get sequels because they didn't need them despite people wanting them, now everything gets a sequel for the sake of it. I'm surprised Heavy Rain hasn't got a sequel yet, it doesn't need one, but any other dev would do it anyway.

yay, next gen!

Thread Information