Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All i need to say once i saw it was made by naughty dog is this

NOWWW

Thank you itachi

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    I think this game will be more about surviving than shooting hundreds of zombies. You can see it when the girl checks the bullets from the corpse. For me itīs a signal that you will not have infinite ammo and sometimes you will just run for your life. I hope this game goes back to the roots of the first Resident Evil games, the real survival horror and not this ****ing i-am-so-overpowered-i-kill-everything Resident Evil that it had become.

3. Likes Sufi, Equinoqs, sainraja likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    I think this game will be more about surviving than shooting hundreds of zombies. You can see it when the girl checks the bullets from the corpse. For me itīs a signal that you will not have infinite ammo and sometimes you will just run for your life. I hope this game goes back to the roots of the first Resident Evil games, the real survival horror and not this ****ing i-am-so-overpowered-i-kill-everything Resident Evil that it had become.
    That's a good point. That's a direction Naughty Dog could go that hasn't been beaten-to-death. Would make it stand out among other survival games in which you have limitless resources.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    So...Dead Space on difficult then.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I agree.

The last survival-horror title I played that pretty much had me running for my life was Amnesia: The Dark Descent which I thought was great. The Last of Us seems more like I Am Legend except that there probably won't be a difference in gameplay when it comes to day and night transitions.
    Last edited by Black; 12-11-2011 at 20:23.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

If its like dead space then i will pass.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Oh I dunno, if you play that on hard, its bloody scary, you literally have to watch the bullets, and make every shot count.
    I really enjoyed the oriignal DS on difficult, I felt like I had really was in a survival horror game.
    Cant speak for DS2 Im only 5 minutes in to that one.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I agree.

The last survival-horror title I played that pretty much had me running for my life was Amnesia: The Dark Descent which I thought was great. The Last of Us seems more like I Am Legend except that there probably won't be a difference in gameplay when it comes to day and night transitions.
    I want to see more of the game before I decide on what it will be like. Building up your expectations can lead to disappointment.

It would be great to get a game where you can move freely like Uncharted and be forced to manage your inventory and feel helpless based on the situations you are put in or the environment over increasing the amount of enemies or forcing you to stop to shoot, etc.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    So will I, Dead Space has nothing on the original REs/SHs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Yup. Only better.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Extreme Poster
    Sure in engine can also be realtime, it can also be precanned movie you did earlier rendered with the same assets in the same engine, but using some processing that takes it 2 three times longer to render each frame...
    Like..oh I dont know..uh Naughty Dog has done before?

http://twitter.com/#!/cbalestra/stat...24986450440192
    That's how it always is. Cutscenes always have much better graphics.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I know, no argument here.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Troy Baker was the voice of Snow in Final Fantasy XIII, for those curious.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I think they'll be phased out next gen, they eat up space which can be done ingame. Look at GoW and Uncharted, now imagine what these devs will do next gen, cutscenes RIP.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Graphics, cutscenes, pre-rendered...GOD today's gamers are spoiled.

The game is supposed to show their trip across the country, so I'm thinking it won't be all in one city. And I caught onto the bullet-counting by the girl immediately - that's a detail that makes me think this game will have an emphasis on the 'survival' aspect (at least, I hope so...I'm tired of having ridiculous ammo when I'm supposed to be frantic/scared/tense). I would really like to see a 'normal-guy' control scheme kinda like the first Silent Hill (only cleaner, obviously), where your character ISN'T a weapons expert or sharpshooter. It's a tricky balancing act to have clumsy controlling that doesn't hinder gameplay, but if anyone can do it Naughty Dog can.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    One thing for sure that it looks to be M rated. I wonder if its only single player.
    I seriously hope it is SP. We don't have many good SP games nowadays. This way they will focus more on SP.

Like Skyrim, I wouldn't want an online mode in that game until it's easy enough for them to implement and something that's actually worthwhile and doesn't detract you from the intended gameplay.

Maybe somewhere along the lines of Dark Souls would be a good idea. That idea is really amazing actually if you think about it.

Oh and this way we don't deal with online passes.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I actually hope its open world AND open ended, even after the credits roll, I can go explore and whatnot. I doubt it though, I'm expecting a linear 6 hour game, and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    ...I'm expecting a linear 6 hour game...
    So what's wrong with that? As long as it's a FANTASTIC linear 6-hour game.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I won't buy it day 1 if it is, for $60 I want at least 20 hours.

yay, next gen!

Extreme Poster
    Sadly Aaron is probably right. It will likely be linear and not more than 6-8 hours. ND hasn't made an open world game in years, none this generation.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Sadly Aaron is probably right. It will likely be linear and not more than 6-8 hours. ND hasn't made an open world game in years, none this generation.
    Maybe that will change.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Well they've only stuck with Uncharted this gen, that's no indication of the direction this game will take.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post

Oh, I'm sorry. I was waiting for you to convince me that I was wrong.
    Convinced or not the fact remains.

The significant difference is the amount of unique mo-cap data and facial animation that goes into cutscenes.
    The processing power required to do that realtime is way beyond what the PS3 is capable of doing, add a couple of extra effects like subsurface scattering for skin and you have the major differences between pre-rendered and realtime in engine graphics. Both use the same assets same textures etc.
    Alright, fair point with the animations, but I'm referring to lighting, textures, modeling.

I don't know the ins and outs of subsurface scattering. I'll take your word that it is better in the cutscenes. All I know is the cutscenes (I guess to the untrained eye) look 95% identical to gameplay.

I will say I noticed the trailers (including Uncharted) have anti-aliasing versus the actual game cutscenes which is a nice subtlety that goes a long way, but that's kind of a given.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I won't buy it day 1 if it is, for $60 I want at least 20 hours.
    I do understand your point... but a good, tightly written story wins out to bloated and dragged out. And unless ND are aiming for gameplay over story, this is gonna be story-driven similarly to Uncharted. Not to say the gameplay will take a similar route comparatively, but you get my point.

It's kind of like asking a movie to be 2 and a half to 3 hours cause admission is higher. Something like 127 Hours does the same job in half the job with much better quality.

For me, a tighter game will bring me back to play whether its playing missions (levels, etc.) over again or going for trophies. When there's quests or side missions that really don't do anything or relate to the main game I don't really care to bother with it.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 12-11-2011 at 23:03.

25. Likes Sufi likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs of subsurface scattering. I'll take your word that it is better in the cutscenes. All I know is the cutscenes (I guess to the untrained eye) look 95% identical to gameplay.
    True. People generally ignore the animations and don't realize that the character models have changed in detail. I know I didn't realize this until this generation that games like MGS2 and 3 don't look the same in gameplay as opposed to the cutscenes.

Master Poster
    It's Naughty Dog...they haven't given me a bad game yet and considering I've played every game they've put out from 2001...I have faith in them.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Thread Information