Latest PSU headlines:

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^ I've played every game they have ever released. Go me. All you need is a PS1, PS2 and PS3 xD Not hard.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Ultimate Veteran
    i bet this game will launch in march 2012.rumor has it but they been working on this game for 2 years so it should be close to launch day

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    i bet this game will launch in march 2012.rumor has it but they been working on this game for 2 years so it should be close to launch day
    I would think they would hold it off till November, but Sonys never been one to use common sense when it comes to big game releases.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Soldier 95B
    $#@!, another zombie like game. NOT what I wanted. But the game still looks like it will be fun, so day one for me.

Elite Member
    Thankfully, I've skipped games like Dead Island so by the time this game comes out (Fall 2012?) I'll be interested in playing another zombie game.

It looks interesting. If it were most other companies I wouldn't pay it much mind, but ND... although I was disappointed with U3 SP I'm still interested to see what they do with the game.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Soldier 95B
    You shouldn't skip Dead Island though. it is an awesome game. Maybe check it out on a couple years on clearance.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    You do realize that's only three months away and they JUST announced this game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I would think they would hold it off till November, but Sonys never been one to use common sense when it comes to big game releases.
    Yea but I don't recall any of the major companies releasing a game in a shorter time frame rather than a larger one (as in they would release it after a holiday, not before it). Like I said above, this game is just announced...

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    $#@!, another zombie like game. NOT what I wanted. But the game still looks like it will be fun, so day one for me.
    It's not a zombie game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    It's not a zombie game.
    He did say zombie-LIKE. Though I will say I have no idea why people complain about that "genre". Every Zombie game I see is pretty damn unique if you ask me.

Plus this is being made by one of the most consistent devs of all time.

Signature by Knuckles126

"GOD STRIKES TAKE-TWO DOWN!" -Jack Thompson on Take Two's falling stock prices

10. Likes Omar likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    ^ I've played every game they have ever released. Go me. All you need is a PS1, PS2 and PS3 xD Not hard.
    And a Mega Drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Superior Member
    Not really what I wanted to be honest, but this genre obviously has its audience and Im sure that Naughty Dog's game will be the best in the genre as always but just not for me unfortunately.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout'08 View Post
    He did say zombie-LIKE. Though I will say I have no idea why people complain about that "genre". Every Zombie game I see is pretty damn unique if you ask me.

Plus this is being made by one of the most consistent devs of all time.
    I was just poking fun....yea....I should have said it's not a zombie-LIKE game. lol

If you've seen I am Legend, the infected people in the movie were more like vampires to me (I know that they weren't vampires - but they didn't like daylight, they were fast etc) but people still called them zombies.

I mean, they are doing a post apocalyptic type game, they wanted to do an infection that affected the people....I don't think it's fair to just call it a zombie like game....so I am with you when you you have no idea why people complain about that type of genre...

Even if they were zombies, I'd be okay with it though....Resident Evil (the only other zombie game that I liked hasn't had zombies so I think we're due one...)

Apprentice
    I dunno about you guys, but I'm feeling that this game is something to do about Mother Nature is taking back.

Unlike most post apocalyptic settings, based on this trailer, it is the most greenest I can think of.

You'll the cities are encroached with floras.

Plus those infected are due to fungi (well, most probably engineered) and not some nuclear holocaust.

Just my take on things.

Soldier 95B
    I was just poking fun....yea....I should have said it's not a zombie-LIKE game. lol

If you've seen I am Legend, the infected people in the movie were more like vampires to me (I know that they weren't vampires - but they didn't like daylight, they were fast etc) but people still called them zombies.

I mean, they are doing a post apocalyptic type game, they wanted to do an infection that affected the people....I don't think it's fair to just call it a zombie like game....so I am with you when you you have no idea why people complain about that type of genre...

Even if they were zombies, I'd be okay with it though....Resident Evil (the only other zombie game that I liked hasn't had zombies so I think we're due one...)
    I didn't say it was a zombie game. I said it was zombie like. IMO it is zombie like. I have no problem with that if the game is fun, which it looks to be. I just tire of all this zombie like craze the past few years.

Hopefully we get a new buzz genre next console life.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Last zombie game I played was a couple years back with L4D, I don't really get the 'another zombie game thing'. Has there really been that many zombie-like games released?

L4D is the last one I remember playing, could just be forgetting some along the way but yeah

Soldier 95B
    Fortenite, Last of Us, Call of Duty Dead Ops Arcade, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies mode, Call of Duty Zombie map packs, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Island, Dead Rising 1, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising Digital prequel 1, Dead Rising Digital sequel 2, Call of Duty World at War Zombies, Dead Rising 3, Plants vs Zombies, I ate Zombies...off the top of my head but I know there are more.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'm not into CoD so I'm good :P
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Fortenite, Last of Us, Call of Duty Dead Ops Arcade, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies mode, Call of Duty Zombie map packs, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Island, Dead Rising 1, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising Digital prequel 1, Dead Rising Digital sequel 2, Call of Duty World at War Zombies, Dead Rising 3, Plants vs Zombies, I ate Zombies...off the top of my head but I know there are more.
    Just makes me sick.

I wish Naughty Dog would do an action RPG.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't feel that this is another zombie game. It just doesn't classify itself as such in my mind. Not every enemy that resembles or was once human is a zombie for me. The same was 28 Days Later didn't quite feel like a zombie movie, cause they didn't behave like typical zombies. The mushroom heads were quite animated and fast, not like the usual half asleep, mindless dumb asses we usually blow the heads off in such games.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this and I havent even seen gameplay. That's the power of Naughty Dog, $#@!es!

Forum Sage
    I didn't say it was a zombie game. I said it was zombie like. IMO it is zombie like. I have no problem with that if the game is fun, which it looks to be. I just tire of all this zombie like craze the past few years.

You may as well have called it another zombie game though (kidding)....anyway, I just was just messing with that comment but since it that comment didn't just pop up in my head....I want to say that just because it may seem similar to what a zombie game could have been like (that's where the 'zombie-like' comment comes from right?) doesn't necessarily mean it is a zombie-like game. We don't really know much about it at this point. It's a survival game, it's a horror game.....it's an action horror game....well, whatever it is....I am looking forward to it.

Would you say that I am Legend was a zombie-like movie?

I wouldn't....so I guess we see things a bit differently.

Now it seems like I am making a bigger deal out of all this so I'll step away...sorry....I get what you were saying...but.....okay, I'll stop....lol
    Last edited by sainraja; 12-12-2011 at 03:11.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7

Agreed.

Kill swarms of enemies, try to survive, rinse and repeat. No different than the complaints against FPS games. That and the fact zombies are just a new trend altogether is annoying, not just with games.

Considering they're going from a successful new IP that was Uncharted to this... I'm a little disappointed so far. I'll wait for them to show what makes this game different though. I want their reputation to keep up.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Agreed.

Kill swarms of enemies, try to survive, rinse and repeat. No different than the complaints against FPS games. That and the fact zombies are just a new trend altogether is annoying, not just with games.

Considering they're going from a successful new IP that was Uncharted to this... I'm a little disappointed so far. I'll wait for them to show what makes this game different though. I want their reputation to keep up.
    Ah, so you've seen the gameplay and know exactly what this game is going to be like? hmm....

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Ah, so you've seen the gameplay and know exactly what this game is going to be like? hmm....
    Read the second to last sentence. However, as the trailer does have a very zombie-like vibe I think the comparison is fair so far.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Fair enough, out of all those I've only played the black ops zombie mode a handful of times as well as L4D like I mentioned. Zombie-stuff is relatively fresh to me lol

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Read the second to last sentence. However, as the trailer does have a very zombie-like vibe I think the comparison is fair so far.
    ...yet the trailer did not show any gameplay, which you described (based on your assumption.)

I don't know if it will be similar or different....and if it is similar, it will focus more on the characters and story which is why I am happy to see naughtydog working on it.

If it is different, it will still focus on the characters and story as they've said in a interview and I am curious to see how and what will be different, if that turns out to be the case...

Thread Information