Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 717
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'd rather have this be a third person zombie survival game, open-world.
    I'm hoping for a mix of open-world and cinematic quality similar to what Batman AC is doing. They should keep it semi-open, but keep the quality up like what we've seen in Uncharted.

I'm excited to see what Naughty Dog will do with an M Rated game. I'm excited for this, ND is my favorite developer these days. They give their fans what they want, make amazing games, and they don't take forever and have constant delays like other developers.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 12-12-2011 at 20:22.

2. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I would prefer if this wasn't open-world.

I realize that it will need to be a little bit open, but I don't think it needs to be like Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham City where you have side-missions etc.

I want a more focused experience. The older Resident Evil games weren't open yet you still had areas to explore, same with Dino Crisis. That's what I am hoping for.
    Last edited by sainraja; 12-12-2011 at 22:17.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, that's what I mean by open, and not the Assassin Creed type of open...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Naughty Dog has said this will be a cinematic experience, so I doubt open-world is gonna happen on any primary level. However, many of the greatest videogames I've played recently have been of a cinematic nature, so I'm certainly not disappointed in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Can we please give the anti-mainstream/down with Western gaming charade a rest?...we have to keep in mind that this is Naughty Dog developing it. Apparently, these guys can accomplish anything!
    I'll stop making fun of western mainstreaming when it stops being so pisses-me-off prevalent. There are plenty of wonderful western games, but a large segment of the western (or maybe just American) gaming audience doesn't play them unless they're AAA sequels. How many zombie games have been released this gen vs. number of big-name FPS/sports games that are barely different from each other? Hell, how many vs. number of Call of Duty games alone? However, I think you're right about Naughty Dog - they do seem to be capable of the impossible, so if anyone other than From Software can make an online component compatible with a true single-player experience
    it's them (but I still hope there isn't any online).

Dedicated Member
    This might have been posted already, but it's so creepy and weird that I feel it deserves to be posted again for anyone who missed it. This is a BBC video about the fungus and the ants that is the basis for the mutants in The Last of Us. Pretty creepy in my opinion...

Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    I'm not a zombie expert, and I don't know that one exists, but whatever you want to call it, they seem bad ass. I think the idea that it's set in a population decimated by a modern plague lends itself to zombie-like creatures.... just not the living dead kind, but who knows.

There's two things here that give me hope. First, ND said they've been working on it for some time, and second, they are trying to push the industry forward with storytelling. To me, even if they fail and it's boring (doubtful), the fact they are at least trying to push some traditional videogame concepts is a huge plus. Any studio can say this, but Naughty Dog has built massive faith from PS3 gamers, and maybe they can pull something completely different.

The dust from the 2011 Video Game Awards has just settled, and with it comes questions on Naughty Dog’s upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive, The Last of Us. Sony has just sent a press release providing some details on what we can expect from the developers of franchises like Uncharted and Crash Bandicoot, including a barebones description of the plot.

The “genre-defining experience” blends survival and action to tell a story-driven narrative about a population “decimated by a modern plague.” Cities are abandoned, now reclaimed by nature, and those that survived are fighting each other for food, weapons, and anything else useful. The two main characters, Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl wise beyond her years, will work together to survive their journey across the United States.

"We are excited to finally unveil The Last of Us, a project the team has been working hard on for some time," said Evan Wells, Co-President of Naughty Dog. "Naughty Dog's mission is to change the way people experience videogames. We are confident The Last of Us will take a leap forward in cinematic gaming and storytelling, providing gamers with an experience unlike anything else in the industry."

Taking the helm in development is Bruce Straley, game director, and Neil Druckmann, creative director. You can check out Naughty Dog’s website for updates, and stay tuned to PSU as we uncover more on what looks like an epic adventure from one of the industry’s best studios.
    Source

8. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I can see the fungus approach resulting in a variety of different enemies similar to how they do necromorphs in DeadSpace. I mean if you watch the video I posted, that fungus can look pretty $#@!ed up, and looking at the mutants in the trailer you see they have the fungus growing out of their skull. I bet there will be parts where the fungus has overgrown certain areas and I could imagine fighting some creepy fungus based monsters.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I'm really digging the amount this game is letting me hear the word "fungus". Funny word.

11. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    I could imagine fighting some creepy fungus based monsters.
    There's nothing I enjoy more than fighting some creepy fungus based monsters.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You may as well have called it another zombie game though (kidding)....anyway, I just was just messing with that comment but since it that comment didn't just pop up in my head....I want to say that just because it may seem similar to what a zombie game could have been like (that's where the 'zombie-like' comment comes from right?) doesn't necessarily mean it is a zombie-like game. We don't really know much about it at this point. It's a survival game, it's a horror game.....it's an action horror game....well, whatever it is....I am looking forward to it.

Would you say that I am Legend was a zombie-like movie?

I wouldn't....so I guess we see things a bit differently.

Now it seems like I am making a bigger deal out of all this so I'll step away...sorry....I get what you were saying...but.....okay, I'll stop....lol
    I am Legend, to me was a zombie like movie, yes. It's all good. Day one game for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't see anyone"hating" on it like someone is claiming. Just one of the many great games we will be getting next year.
    Exactly! The graphics look amazing too.

14. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Elder
    The trailer is amazing imo. The graphics are sick ! and the fact that Naughty Dog's making it is even more sick !!!

The story looks like something i want to play too... i can't wait to see what ND does with a horror setting...

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am Legend, to me was a zombie like movie, yes. It's all good. Day one game for me!!

Exactly! The graphics look amazing too.
    My thoughts are a little more collected now so, what I was trying get at yesterday is that, where do you draw the line when you are going to determine something is similar to a zombie?

Was Dead Space a zombie-like game? Would you say Alan Wake is? What makes it zombie-like? infected/mutated humans etc? the fact there is an infection?

You don't really need to explain yourself in response or anything like that. I am just trying to explain what I was trying to get across...

All is well.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    forget "I am the Legend" movie read the book!! the movie not even close to book in emotional aspect!!!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Notice the guy he kills at the beginning isn't a mutant?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

19. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Notice the guy he kills at the beginning isn't a mutant?
    Exactly. There is going to be some variety here. Mutants, other people scavenging etc. There will be danger in many forms I presume. Can't wait for more info regarding gameplay.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

21. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah that's what fascinated me, how the game clearly isn't humans vs mutants, it's clearly a desperate situation. Very dull and bleak and I wanna know how it all ended up that way. I'm loving what little we know of it so far

23. Likes Two4DaMoney , sainraja likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    My thoughts are a little more collected now so, what I was trying get at yesterday is that, where do you draw the line when you are going to determine something is similar to a zombie?

Was Dead Space a zombie-like game? Would you say Alan Wake is? What makes it zombie-like? infected/mutated humans etc? the fact there is an infection?

You don't really need to explain yourself in response or anything like that. I am just trying to explain what I was trying to get across...

All is well.
    I never played Dead Space I haven't even seen gameplay on it. I have never been into space games, but two exceptions....Mass Effect and Halo. As for Alan Wake (my favorite game this gen), it was zombie like to me IMO.

Maybe I just have my own personal classification system, who knows!

Thread Information