Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I bet the guys doing those zombie effects had a laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Personally, I'm psyched if it's a full on move title. Full on survival horror, running zombies, open world, with a flashlight at the end of your rifle, sharpshooter support. It would definitely make for some spooky $#@! if done correctly. I could see it being great. It'll just give it that much more room to show how much better it is at what it does than what the competition offers in motion gaming.

What am I saying? Hell, controlling a flashlight would be enough for me. Keep gunplay to a minimum.
    This. Would be stoked. When the battery starts to die down on the flashlight, the move light would flicker and then cut/fade out.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    So this could potentially be a sandbox game like "I am legend" where you roam empty towns/cities/lush forests during the day in search of supplies required to survive and ingredients for a cure to a virus/fungi that plagued mankind. Having to hide or make yourself stealth at night while other infected humans and animals also roam those areas in search of "food". Uninfected areas may also exist in the game where you can go rest and test your vaccines on captive subjects.

I could definitely play a game of that sort!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

4. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    So this could potentially be a sandbox game like "I am legend" where you roam empty towns/cities/lush forests during the day in search of supplies required to survive and ingredients for a cure to a virus/fungi that plagued mankind. Having to hide or make yourself stealth at night while other infected humans and animals also roam those areas in search of "food". Uninfected areas may also exist in the game where you can go rest and test your vaccines on captive subjects.

I could definitely play a game of that sort!
    That's the type of zombie game that everyone wants, but has still not been made. While Dead Island and Dead Rising are open-world zombie games, I think gamers would like something a bit more realistic, scary, mysterious, and minimalistic.

I'm hoping this game answers the call!

As for this game being a Move-Exclusive title, I don't think that will happen. Judging from the visuals, a ton of money is going into this project, and they would be limiting their audience far too much. At the most, they'll simply pay extra attention to the Move.

6. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    That's the type of zombie game that everyone wants, but has still not been made. While Dead Island and Dead Rising are open-world zombie games, I think gamers would like something a bit more realistic, scary, mysterious, and minimalistic.

I'm hoping this game answers the call!

As for this game being a Move-Exclusive title, I don't think that will happen. Judging from the visuals, a ton of money is going into this project, and they would be limiting their audience far too much. At the most, they'll simply pay extra attention to the Move.
    If there was only ONE thing to give SONY props for, it is their will to invest in new IP's and originality, test new boundaries. This could be another one of those games that will set a benchmark for others to try and match. But we could still be hyping ourselves and the game turns out to be another run of the mill FPS/Zombie game. But if one company can step away from the traditional gameplay and offer something fresh and inventive, it's SONY!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Dedicated Member
    Not sure what to think of this yet, but I'm very interested. I swear, I hope this is Quantic Dreams taking a shot at doing a really exciting and emotional end of the world/zombie survival game. Man, that would be absolutely amazing. Also this ultra realistic approach seems like something they would do.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    im confused. what is the game? the spike awards aint for another 2 days so where have you lot seen the video?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    im confused. what is the game? the spike awards aint for another 2 days so where have you lot seen the video?
    All we have is the teaser site, which has two teaser videos and a couple screenshots.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Wow, if its like I Am Legend I'll buy it day one.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

A wonderful collaborative effort between Sony Santa Monica and...? or by themselves?

Ok let me break the premise down for those who don't seem to understand:

This is NOT a "zombie game"
    The game is about a new form of "brain disorder" so to speak
    Somehow the cordyceps fungus ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps ) has invaded the human kingdom

Its likely invaded a number of human necessities {water, plant life, food, air, etc.}
    Now, of course everyones seen the "ant teaser" on the Last of Us website right? you've seen what the fungus did to it right? Well, the human "infection" doesn't necessarily make your skin fall off and rot your teeth and what have you {"zombie style"} lol, but near the end when you become decrepit ; The whole of your body is breached and shows the outward physiological signs of the inward psychological dementia.

This brings me to the other trailer on the Last of Us website. The one which shows the wanton violence.
    The human infection somehow makes humanity less humane. The infection deteriorates certain aspects of the brain making "them" overbearingly violent animals.
    This isn't just some random wild spree which dissipates later on.
    THIS is non-stop physical assaults, murder, brutality, etc. on a worldwide global scale.
    Thats why the game has been labeled as "shocking" because you have to hurt and harm "regular looking" everyday average joes just to survive (maybe even children)

We are the only few decent ones left.
    Those of us who who've had our "normal" lives disrupted and our reality shattered {taking care of our children, working, friendship, love, etc.}
    We now march to the drums of war against our very own everyday common man and neighbors
    THE most important war of all times but one that has blindsided all.
    The violence they perpetrate against "Us" must be meet with equal and more amounts but of even a more vigorous nature against "them"
    No, not just country against country but the war to keep our very existence alive
    This "unseen war" twixt humanity and utmost vileness
    Its up to the "Last of Us" to defeat "them"
    Last edited by CarlWINSLOW; 12-08-2011 at 14:02.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=196590&dateline=12571 03452[/SIGPIC]I live capriciously...

13. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlWINSLOW View Post

Somehow the cordyceps fungus ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps ) has invaded the human kingdom

Its likely invaded a number of human necessities {water, plant life, food, air, etc.}
    Now, of course everyones seen the "ant teaser" on the Last of Us website right? you've seen what the fungus did to it right? Well, the human "infection" doesn't necessarily make your skin fall off and rot your teeth and what have you {"zombie style"} lol

This brings me to the other trailer on the Last of Us website. The one which shows the wanton violence.
    The human infection somehow makes humanity less humane. The infection deteriorates certain aspects of the brain making "them" overbearingly violent animals.
    THIS is non-stop physical assaults, murder, brutality, etc. on a worldwide global scale.
    Thats why the game has been labeled as "shocking" because you have to hurt and harm "regular looking" everyday average joes just to survive (maybe even children)

Those of us who who've had our "normal" lives disrupted and our reality shattered {taking care of our children, working, friendship, love, et.}
    We now march to the drums of war against our very own everyday common man and neighbors
    No, not just country against country but the war to keep our very existence alive
    Sounds like you're in the know on this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    Sounds like you're in the know on this title.
    Not at all Cloudie! lol From gathering info and watching the teasers I was just outlining what the story could potentially be

Cant wait till saturday for the vgas!

woah woa WOAH http://thesilentchief.com/2011/12/08...-zombie-game/# WTF! they took my post lmfao
    Last edited by CarlWINSLOW; 12-08-2011 at 15:09.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=196590&dateline=12571 03452[/SIGPIC]I live capriciously...

Power Member
    Items User name style

Now, of course everyones seen the "ant teaser" on the Last of Us website right? you've seen what the fungus did to it right? Well, the human "infection" doesn't necessarily make your skin fall off and rot your teeth and what have you {"zombie style"} lol, but near the end when you become decrepit ; The whole of your body is breached and shows the outward physiological signs of the inward psychological dementia.

Those of us who who've had our "normal" lives disrupted and our reality shattered {taking care of our children, working, friendship, love, etc.}
    The violence they perpetrate against "Us" must be meet with equal and more amounts but of even a more vigorous nature against "them"
    From what you outlined above, its a zombie game.
    Suggesting it aint a zombie game is like saying the flood arent zombies, no technically they arent but for all intensive puposes they are human bodies replaced with somethingn else controlling/dis-orientaitng otherwise not allowing them to function in a normal way.

"Them"=human fodder, no matter what the source of the infeciton it is.
    A horde of derranged humans attacking you=zombie game no matter what the premise is.

I would prefer it if it was the case that the human race has been wiped and there is a different antagonist to fight other then other humans.

PS. I think this game well be centered in a forest or central park.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-08-2011 at 20:07.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    woah woa WOAH http://thesilentchief.com/2011/12/08...-zombie-game/# WTF! they took my post lmfao
    Rofl, you're a credible source, apparently xD

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I would prefer it if it was the case that the human race has been wiped and there is a different antagonist to fight other then other humans.
    Would it convince you to buy a Playstation?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    ^ Looks interesting...

And Equinoqs, check out I Am Alive. It's a download-only game but the developers are touting it's quality as on par with a retail one.
    Thanks, "I Am Alive" sounds like exactly what I was talking about!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Rofl, you're a credible source, apparently xD

Would it convince you to buy a Playstation?
    I'm not the one that needs convincing.
    I've wanted a PS3 for quite sometime.

If I didnt have to lay so much down for one, or didn't have my wife, Id have one by now.
    They are still $#@!ing expensive here, and I'm still married.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

20. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Not at all Cloudie! lol From gathering info and watching the teasers I was just outlining what the story could potentially be

Cant wait till saturday for the vgas!

Ha, that's hilarious. Makes you lose even more faith in those websites that just run off rumors.

I think it is sort of a zombie game, but hopefully one that approaches it in a way that we haven't seen before. I'm hoping for an emotional game, with interesting characters, and great graphics, the gameplay should be fun too (and we should expect some scares in a game like this).

I'm still hoping that Quantic Dreams is working on this, it seem like something they might do. They could do a great job, exploring how horrifying it would be if something like this actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

PS. I think this game well be centered in a forest or central park.
    From what you just said you should go play Resistance 3. It's exactly what your talking about.

Humans wiped out? Check
    New Enemy to fight that aren't humans? Check
    Forest sections, central park, New York? Check

Just saying...
    Last edited by bigCman123; 12-08-2011 at 20:39.

Soldier 95B

It's a zombie game.

Elite Sage
    28 Days Later- movie had infected people who technically are said to be zombies too. Could be something like that.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Does it really matter that its been done before? You care so much about originality yet I bet you play FPS games 90% of the time...

25. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    Ha, that's hilarious. Makes you lose even more faith in those websites that just run off rumors.

I think it is sort of a zombie game, but hopefully one that approaches it in a way that we haven't seen before. I'm hoping for an emotional game, with interesting characters, and great graphics, the gameplay should be fun too (and we should expect some scares in a game like this).

I'm still hoping that Quantic Dreams is working on this, it seem like something they might do. They could do a great job, exploring how horrifying it would be if something like this actually happened.

From what you just said you should go play Resistance 3. It's exactly what your talking about.

Humans wiped out? Check
    New Enemy to fight that aren't humans? Check
    Forest sections, central park, New York? Check

Just saying...
    Its more about resistence (funny that), than surival though.
    When I say wiped out I mean, you dont met anyone else other than say the 2-3 that are with you.

Apprentice

Veteran
    Aliens please.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Could be a triffods like experience, with fungal spores out to get you instaed of plants.

Nathan Dark is a fun guy.

Uncharted 4: Fungus among us.

Thread Information