Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 88
  1. #26
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,023
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    70,226 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I honestly do not think it is a fanboy term. I find it more of a term of a disappointed ower. I use the term often and I own the console. I should be able to call it whatever I want. Everyone knows Microsoft bleeds their consumers dry with their Microsoft only approach. But I still have an Xbox and will always have one.

    And M$ is directed towards the company itself. This is not directed towards the Xbox 360 console. Microsoft as a whole bleeds their consumers.

    The Windows OS is a great example of that.

  2. #27
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    28,698 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    And the fact that MS have megabucks. I think they've earned the '$'

  3. #28
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's deemed that it's fanboy terminology... same as $ony. You can't use it, I see no reason to use it, so don't. Easy. Just type a freakin' "S", or spell the name out completely. What purpose does the "$" serve? NONE. /thread

  4. #29
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,412
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    60,849 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I honestly do not think it is a fanboy term. I find it more of a term of a disappointed ower. I use the term often and I own the console. I should be able to call it whatever I want. Everyone knows Microsoft bleeds their consumers dry with their Microsoft only approach. But I still have an Xbox and will always have one.

    And M$ is directed towards the company itself. This is not directed towards the Xbox 360 console. Microsoft as a whole bleeds their consumers.

    The Windows OS is a great example of that.
    Exactly. I think the whole Internet Explorer thing back in the day was when it actually started.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  5. #30
    Super Elite
    Minnzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    2,616 (0 Banked)
    Just some forum rules that aren't written, everything MUST be held equal regardless of topic.

    For example! Let's say you're in a thread about Microsoft and ONLY Microsoft, the original post makes NO reference to Sony or Nintendo

    You've been born longer than 20 seconds so you realise Microsoft is a pitiful greedy company and you voice this like so "I think M$ are a pitiful, greedy company that laughs at how easily they can fuck people" and despite NONE of this statement being incorrect it is deemed wrong, not because you had harmful intent, nope actual facts mean nothing. You have just pointed out a negative fact about a console developer on a gaming forum and despite doing so would make you a complete idiot you must and I mean MUST equalise your statement by instead saying "I think M$ are a pitiful, greedy company that laughs at how easily they can fuck people... Just like $ony" <<< That there is the problem, it's not fanboy terminology if you use it because you accept they're greedy and voice it like so but you'll still be called out for it for not also EVERY time pointing out the competition. Though to be honest I have seen a couple of people get a stern talking to for using the $ symbol even if they include both but more often than not it's deemed as fanboyism due to not also 'attacking' the competition in the same sentence

    Now you see Sony had literally NO reason to be brought up in a thread that was ONLY to do with MS, yes sure Sony is a greedy pitiful company that laughs at how easy it is to fuck with customers but some people are above having to ALWAYS equalise a statement. I often have to suffer this, I have voiced VERY negative opinions about many different companies however I do so in the threads it has a purpose (Ok I stray sometimes if I'm really pissed off) in and I am always quoted by someone else and having them add "Just like the competition" which is fucking stupid and I will be a happy man when those pitiful, disgusting and yet perfectly accepted spam posts start receiving warnings

    *Breaths*
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

  6. #31
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    38,647 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    Just some forum rules that aren't written, everything MUST be held equal regardless of topic.

    For example! Let's say you're in a thread about Microsoft and ONLY Microsoft, the original post makes NO reference to Sony or Nintendo

    You've been born longer than 20 seconds so you realise Microsoft is a pitiful greedy company and you voice this like so "I think MS are a pitiful, greedy company that laughs at how easily they can fuck people" and despite NONE of this statement being incorrect it is deemed wrong, not because you had harmful intent, nope actual facts mean nothing. You have just pointed out a negative fact about a console developer on a gaming forum and despite doing so would make you a complete idiot you must and I mean MUST equalise your statement by instead saying "I think MS are a pitiful, greedy company that laughs at how easily they can fuck people... Just like Sony"
    The same point is made.
    And holding shift + s is easier than shift + 4($).... there really is no reason to use M$...

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  7. #32
    adierolfe
    Guest
    Maybe the people that want to talk about xbox or MS should join a forum about xbox or MS. I joined this PSU forum because i have a PS.

    Guess I joined the wrong one.

  8. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Cuguy , *goo, Lethal , Black is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  9. #33
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Using dollar symbols to replace the "S" in Sony and MS is pure fanboy/flamebait terminology. It is not only deemed against the forum rules on this site, but on other forums as well. Like FEAR said, let's keep things mature and fun here and avoid the unnecessary crap. It serves no purpose other than to rile up the diehard Sony and MS fans.

    Plus, it just looks dumb. WTF...just type Sony or MS or Microsoft.

  10. Likes F34R , Black , darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
  11. #34
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,735
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,605 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We've had this rule for a long time, and "M$" is actually written in the description:

    18. No Fanboy Terminology - Fanboy terminology such as Xbot, M$, SDF, Sony Droid etc is forbidden and will be dealt with by the staff via warnings, infractions and bans.

  12. Likes Black wishes they had posted this first.
  13. #35
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,362
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,017 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't realize my report would cause so much drama.

    Apparently, it's way too difficult for some of you guys to simply type out Microsoft or MS instead of M$. What's your justification for that? "The company has always been greedy". And my favorite: "This is a PlayStation-centric forum so we should be allowed to treat all that are not affiliated with said brand like dirt" or something to that effect. Well, I'm sorry to break the news to you guys (especially to the newer members here) but PSU caters to multiple demographics. Hardcore, casual, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo -- you get the idea... hopefully.

    The staff expects the community to report anything they find is offensive or has the potential to cause trouble. But instead of trying to learn from his/her mistake, the ones being reported usually lash out at the staff for being "unfair". Well, I'm sorry, but tough shit. Just be glad that you got a simple notification instead of an infraction. No one is stopping you from "expressing your opinion" so long as you do it in a mature and respectable manner.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  14. Likes F34R , Ixion wishes they had posted this first.
  15. #36
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I have reported the use of this terminology before as well and will continue to do so. I am on the page with the majority of people here in that we want this forum to be fun, enjoyable and filled with great content. The flamebait and fanboy wars do nothing to enhance the forum. In fact, they detract people from the forum.

    I think people are struggling with the fact that many people are here not JUST Playstation only fans. We enjoy having both consoles, and the community is evolving a much broader spectrum than just Playstation only owners. While the main focus (especially the PSU news page) is STILL Playstation, there is room for the community to share and enjoy all forms of gaming talk.

  16. #37
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,784
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    11,882 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeah old rule is old. I report it as well.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  17. #38
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    22,705 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    On the bright side, we're all using this thread as a way to bypass the rules. M$ Fuck yeah!
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  18. Likes Lethal , F34R , darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
  19. #39
    Administrator
    TwentyThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,080
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    105,436 (700 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What I don't get is why some of you get worked up over the fact that some use the alternative S ($), weather its used for either console. I personally side with the OP on this topic.


  20. Likes Lethal wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Ixion is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  21. #40
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,784
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    11,882 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    On the bright side, we're all using this thread as a way to bypass the rules. M$ Fuck yeah!
    lol you say that then all the infractions start poping up.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  22. #41
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    97,960 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    When the swear filter was here, it would automatically change M$/$ony to MS/Sony respectively. So people have only been getting infractions for them since the swear filter was removed. Probably could enable the swear filter and add just those 2 words.

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  23. #42
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    22,705 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    lol you say that then all the infractions start poping up.
    Honestly, that would be absolutely hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    When the swear filter was here, it would automatically change M$/$ony to MS/Sony respectively. So people have only been getting infractions for them since the swear filter was removed. Probably could enable the swear filter and add just those 2 words.
    No dammit! No means no! No swear filter!
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  24. #43
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,974
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    70,221 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Personally, at this point, I can understand the hate for the dollar symbol.

  25. #44
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    97,960 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Honestly, that would be absolutely hilarious.



    No dammit! No means no! No swear filter!
    If I could be arsed to work out how to do multiple infractions at once, I so would.

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  26. #45
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    What I don't get is why some of you get worked up over the fact that some use the alternative S ($), weather its used for either console. I personally side with the OP on this topic.
    It's against the rules, and as such is supposed to be reported so that you can deal with it appropriately according to the rules.

  27. #46
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I don't give a shit about the $ as I've never even used it but this is as good a place as any to again point out how over run this place is with Xbox loving, Sony hating trolls and and how it has been for years and not only tolerated by the staff but actively participated in by some (more so a couple years ago than now)

  28. #47
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    97,960 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I don't give a shit about the $ as I've never even used it but this is as good a place as any to again point out how over run this place is with Xbox loving, Sony hating trolls and and how it has been for years and not only tolerated by the staff but actively participated in by some (more so a couple years ago than now)
    If you send me a 360, I will gladly smash it with a hammer, naked, shouting "PS3 rules, 360 suxxx!"

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  29. Likes darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
  30. #48
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    22,705 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    If I could be arsed to work out how to do multiple infractions at once, I so would.


    That's just how it always begins. First with small words like M$ and $ony. Then you start blocking words like ass and jew. Our liberties stripped of us slowly but steadily until there is nothing left.

    You've never been able to call anyone that here and you know that. I think people will be offended to see the N word used hence why I've edited.
    ~dc
    Last edited by dc89; 12-07-2011 at 14:54.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  31. #49
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    97,960 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wonder if I can add your name to the block list?

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

  32. #50
    Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    VintageElise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Super place called Wales.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    26,511
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    97,960 (0 Banked)
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ******

    EDIT: Yay

    Meh, screws up quotes.

    Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.