Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am not a fanboy and I like to use the $. So now it is not a fanboy term.

I honestly think those that cry about the $ are the fanboys.

2. Likes TwentyThree wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    You should leave it and mess with people like that. Like an early April Fools joke.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

Can you explain why you like it? Also, I got the case. I thought the backing was actually going to be a hard material.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    What I don't get is why some of you get worked up over the fact that some use the alternative S ($), weather its used for either console. I personally side with the OP on this topic.
    Lol! Since when was a dollar sign ($) a genuine alternative to the letter S? Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

There's some funny shenanigans going on as excuses in this P$U thread.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

You use M$ to troll and get a rise out of people then I take it. You probably feel "Xbot" is a non-childish, non-fanboy term that can be used whenever you please. Give me a break.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's against the rules, and as such is supposed to be reported so that you can deal with it appropriately according to the rules.
    Where did I say otherwise? you completely missed my personal point of view, which is simple, I don't get why some members get worked up over something that silly.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Where did I say otherwise? you completely missed my personal point of view, which is simple, I don't get why some members get worked up over something that silly.
    But it's just something that is immature and has no reason to be used. If you want to discuss Microsoft's or Sony's greed, then write it out and post it in the appropriate topic.

Yes, it's a very minor offense, which is why Versus only received a private warning, but you have to admit that this forum would be a batter place if no one was using those immature terms. Slightly better, but still better.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    But it's just something that is immature and has no reason to be used. If you want to discuss Microsoft's or Sony's greed, then write it out and post it in the appropriate topic.
    Same could be said for profanity yet we let it flow now.
    I think most of us can agree that MS and Sony are in the business of making money, so why does it surprise or offend some when they see a post where someone is describing either company with the money sign?
    In my own opinion I think the rule only serves to protect the feelings of those who have a personal/emotional attachment to those two corporations.

Yes, it's a very minor offense, which is why Versus only received a private warning, but you have to admit that this forum would be a batter place if no one was using those immature terms. Slightly better, but still better.
    I look at that rule the same way I look at the DP rule, so yes I agree that an edit and a pm should be enough action. As far as the forums being a slightly better place without it, sure, same could be said for profanity and other things though.

Soldier 95B
    It's not a HUGE deal...but a lot of little things end up becoming a mountain. There are reasons for the rules, big or small.

I mean, do we really want forums that are all:
    • $ony
    • M$
    • I agree
    • LOT is biased
    • DF is biased
    • Xbot
    • PSbot
    • Fanboy
    • Gates ball licker
    • Kutaragi ball liker
    • Green shade wearer
    • Blue shade wearer
    • PS3 has no games
    • 360 has no games
    When you add up all those little things that can been seen in way too many posts, there is good reason for the rules. I think the goal is to eliminate that for actual game discussion. But maybe that is just me

11. Likes Ixion wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Same could be said for profanity yet we let it flow now.
    I think most of us can agree that MS and Sony are in the business of making money, so why does it surprise or offend some when they see a post where someone is describing either company with the money sign?
    In my own opinion I think the rule only serves to protect the feelings of those who have a personal/emotional attachment to those two corporations.

I look at that rule the same way I look at the DP rule, so yes I agree that an edit and a pm should be enough action. As far as the forums being a slightly better place without it, sure, same could be said for profanity and other things though.
    Thing is, this is a video game forum. Even if people aren't fanboys, a lot of us are still "fans" of these companies and what they offer us. It's the same thing as a Giants fan going over to a Cowboys forum and continually referring to Tony Romo as Tony Homo. Even if you're not a blind Cowboys fan, it could annoy people after a while and doesn't do anything good. Simply saying fuck, shit, etc, doesn't do that.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    It's not a HUGE deal...but a lot of little things end up becoming a mountain. There are reasons for the rules, big or small.

I mean, do we really want forums that are all:
    • $ony
    • M$
    • I agree
    • LOT is biased
    • DF is biased
    • Xbot
    • PSbot
    • Fanboy
    • Gates ball licker
    • Kutaragi ball liker
    • Green shade wearer
    • Blue shade wearer
    • PS3 has no games
    • 360 has no games

When you add up all those little things that can been seen in way too many posts, there is good reason for the rules. I think the goal is to eliminate that for actual game discussion. But maybe that is just me
    How did you come to the conclusion that should we let members use '$' to describe either company, threads would be pools for fanboyism nonsense? lol

Thing is, this is a video game forum. Even if people aren't fanboys, a lot of us are still "fans" of these companies and what they offer us. It's the same thing as a Giants fan going over to a Cowboys forum and continually referring to Tony Romo as Tony Homo. Even if you're not a blind Cowboys fan, it could annoy people after a while and doesn't do anything good. Simply saying fuck, shit, etc, doesn't do that.
    So are you saying that by me describing $ony or M$ as such, is equal to an insult?
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 12-06-2011 at 23:14.

Indoril Nerevar
    Typing M$ isn't too egregious, really. I don't think that it requires staff intervention. Though, it's still childish to type.

15. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    nice sig, Rapture. You draw those yourself?
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Can you explain why you like it? Also, I got the case. I thought the backing was actually going to be a hard material.
    Think of it as an easy definition of how I feel about Microsoft's ways.

Well if you looked at the website I sent you, you would have seen that it was felt. I love it personally. You can sell it on Ebay for much more. I just sold one for $105 and another for $75.

About the whole M$ thing. Not sure why anyone is bothered by it. It is just a dollar symbol. People act like that symbol is raping their mother. Well if she just purchased a new OS or wants a larger hdd in her xbox then I guess she is getting raped.
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-06-2011 at 23:33.

18. Likes darky89 , TwentyThree wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    So are you saying that by me describing $ony or M$ as such, is equal to an insult?
    It's an insult to Sony and Microsoft obviously, albeit a minor one. And since our forum is mostly visited by people who support those companies, some to a larger extent than others, then it can only do more harm than good.

For example, the Giants fan should say "Tony Romo is a bad quarterback because he chokes in the 4th quarter." Not "Tony Homo is a bad quarterback..." etc.

Typing "Homo" or "M$" does nothing to facilitate your argument. It's just childish and will annoy people.

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    nice sig, Rapture. You draw those yourself?
    Oh god, I wish. I just really appreciate his art (I don't want to release the name), and I watch his livestreams in an attempt to learn how to draw. I am happy to see someone else who enjoys his work, though.

Administrator
    It's an insult to Sony and Microsoft obviously, albeit a minor one. And since our forum is mostly visited by people who support those companies, some to a larger extent than others, then it can only do more harm than good.
    You really believe its an insult to them? Like I previously said, these two corporations are in the business of making money (Both corps brag about sells figures), so it should come to no surprise (even to them) that some will describe both with the money sign.
    For example, the Giants fan should say "Tony Romo is a bad quarterback because he chokes in the 4th quarter." Not "Tony Homo is a bad quarterback..." etc.

Typing "Homo" or "M$" does nothing to facilitate your argument. It's just childish and will annoy people.
    I just don't buy that typing M$ or $ony is equal to a childish insult like the one in your example. I agree that its childish humor, but not an insult.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 12-07-2011 at 00:13.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You really believe its an insult to them? Like I previously said, these two corporations are in the business of making money (Both corps brag about sells figures), so it should come to no surprise (even to them) that some will describe both with the money sign.

I just don't buy that typing M$ or $ony is equal to a childish insult like the one in your example. I agree that its childish humor, but not an insult.
    Every company tries to make money, so there's no need to use the dollar sign. Using it for a select company implies that there is something wrong with them.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by adierolfe View Post
    Maybe the people that want to talk about xbox or MS should join a forum about xbox or MS. I joined this PSU forum because i have a PS.

Guess I joined the wrong one.
    Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by adierolfe View Post
    Maybe the people that want to talk about xbox or MS should join a forum about xbox or MS. I joined this PSU forum because i have a PS.

Guess I joined the wrong one.
    So much win. Seems that we have more Sony haters on these forums than actual fans. It's been this way for ages on here...and the staff just doesn't seem to care anymore from what I've seen. So I just grin and bear it. I'd use the ignore function A LOT if I were you. Heaven forbid anything ill be said about the competition though....your head will be on a chopping block with tons of typical trouble makers crying foul.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Elite Sage
    It's called broadening your horizons.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

26. Likes TwentyThree wishes they had posted this first.
    Administrator
    Every company tries to make money,
    Agreed
    so there's no need to use the dollar sign. Using it for a select companyimplies that there is something wrong with them.
    Never said there was a need, just don't get why it bothers some.
    Something wrong with them, because they're making money? By now most of us know these companies produce good quality products and are two successful Giants in this industry hence the dollar sign. I don't believe that it necessarily implies that the company is bad or that there is something wrong with them, but I agree to disagree with you.

Soldier 95B
    Seems like people prefer to break the forums rules as set forth and agreed upon. Pretty simple really, don't use Sony or MS with the dollar sign. Not too hard.

Ancient
    Fanboys who troll don't like the term so it got banned, thou I don't see whats the problem is, MS have a lot of doe, so it makes sense, don't think it's Xbox related, the dollar sign wouldn't make sense then, maybe for Nintendo

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Isn't there a rule about calling about trolls, or groups of members as trolls, etc., yet this thread is being used to do just that. Just sayin'. The question in the OP has been answered, clarified, and reiterated. /thread please.

Anyone that actually uses these forums more than five minute a day knows there are two, maybe three, active members that don't even have a playstation. That doesn't mean anyone here hates the PS3, Sony, etc. Saying that there are more Sony haters on here than supporters, or whatever, is a complete farce.

Thread Information