Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    Agreed

Never said there was a need, just don't get why it bothers some.
    Something wrong with them, because they're making money? By now most of us know these companies produce good quality products and are two successful Giants in this industry hence the dollar sign. I don't believe that it necessarily implies that the company is bad or that there is something wrong with them, but I agree to disagree with you.
    Since every company tries to make money, the use of a dollar sign implies something beyond that, such as obtaining money via immoral methods.

And there's nothing wrong with discussing that. But consolidating that discussion to "M$" is an example of minor trolling, since you're speaking foul without expanding upon it. And if you are expanding upon it, then there's no need to use the dollar sign.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Fanboys who troll don't like the term
    Fanboys don't like them, but fanboys are the ones who are using them (generally of course). Are while you and I might not be offended by "M$" or "$ony", we can't just let the fanboys run free on our forums.

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Isn't there a rule about calling about trolls, or groups of members as trolls, etc., yet this thread is being used to do just that. Just sayin'. The question in the OP has been answered, clarified, and reiterated. /thread please.

Anyone that actually uses these forums more than five minute a day knows there are two, maybe three, active members that don't even have a playstation. That doesn't mean anyone here hates the PS3, Sony, etc. Saying that there are more Sony haters on here than supporters, or whatever, is a complete farce.
    Indeed. I am surprised this continues to be honest.

4. Likes F34R likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Thi$ i$ a $illy $ubject really. I ju$t do not $ee what i$ wrong with u$ing thi$ abbreviation. Everyone need$ to $eriou$ly grow up!!!!!!!!

P.$. Can I have my name changed to Lethal_NF$

6. Likes TwentyThree likes this post

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Since every company tries to make money, the use of a dollar sign implies something beyond that, such as obtaining money via immoral methods.
    It could imply a variety of things, such as success or lack of, depending on how well the company is doing in your own point of view.

And there's nothing wrong with discussing that. But consolidating that discussion to "M$" is an example of minor trolling, since you're speaking foul without expanding upon it. And if you are expanding upon it, then there's no need to use the dollar sign.
    A minor tweak on a company's name (g.e M$) doesn't always imply that your "speaking foul" about a company though.

Fanboys don't like them, but fanboys are the ones who are using them (generally of course). Are while you and I might not be offended by "M$" or "$ony", we can't just let the fanboys run free on our forums.
    Are you calling Lethal NFS a fanboy?! jk And yeah I explained exactly that on my pm lol, by the way I had no idea you were the one who handed out the warning, no wonder your all over the thread lol.
    I just think its ridiculous, was never calling for a change in the rule, just wanted to know why some get worked up over it even though I knew.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 12-07-2011 at 03:28.

8. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    $quar£ €nix lik€$ mon€¥.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

10. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    I don't even think the implication is that MS makes money...the reason (I'd think) why people use the $ sign is to imply greed...not just making money.

There's a huge difference between a company wanting to make profits and a company ran by greed. And while I know some people might say after this post that every company out there is greedy...that's just not true.

Every time a company becomes greedy, they eventually do lose out until they straighten themselves out. EA for example. They had to do a lot of fixing before people started to like them again. I'm pretty sure it was bad for their business or else no one would put effort in pleasing their consumers.

Anyway, I think it's wrong to use it, I've never used it before. Do I think MS is greedy? Somewhat, yes but not all of it. They might have a little edge but Nintendo and Sony are somewhat greedy as well. However, I don't need to write the $ every time to prove a point.

I think the worst thing you can do as far as your credibility, and for others to listen to you is to flamebait and that imo is flamebait. You're diverting someone away from what you want to say and fixate on what your agenda is.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    It could imply a viarity of things, such as success or lack of, depending on how well the company is doing in your own point of view.

A minor tweak on a company's name (g.e M$) doesn't always imply that your "speaking foul" about a company though.
    All true, but I don't think I've ever seen the term used in a way that's not derogatory towards the company.

13. Likes F34R , TwentyThree likes this post
    Elite Sage
    So out of curiosity, what would happen if microsoft decides to make a new studio called M$. Does everyone get banned for talking about it?
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    So out of curiosity, what would happen if microsoft decides to make a new studio called M$. Does everyone get banned for talking about it?
    So what exactly are you complaining you about?
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post

Forum Overseer
    that's not photoshopped, is it.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    So what exactly are you complaining you about?
    I'm not complaining about anything, what are you complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Honestly, I just find it funny that this stupid thread is still going. It's not even something to worry about. And also I'm bookmarking this gif and using it in the future without crediting you.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Thread closed.

Ixion and F34R made this abundantly clear.
    LMAO

20. Likes F34R likes this post

Thread Information