Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Hate to say it, but I'm not that into Christmas anymore

I know this may sound abit crazy to some, but as recent years have gone on, I'm not crazy about Christmas anymore for a few personal reasons.

1. I don't like how Thanksgiving is just completely looked over. My friend said it may be because it's at the tail end of November. But also pretty much at the beginning of November people are already looking over Thanksgiving and talking about Christmas.

2. Black Friday. This day is just ridiculous. It's a day where store employees and shoppers make an ass of themselves.

3. I'm fed up with Christmas music. I hate all the different remixed of the same songs every years. And malls and stores play it OVER AND OVER and it's really cheesy. And if you have to work in these places, it's even worse. Ugh!

4. I know a lot will disagree with me here and that's totally ok, but I personally don't like the nasty weather. I prefer more normal and balanced weather of Spring. Snow is pretty and all, but I don't like dealing with how much damage it can do to communities. And then frost gets on my car, and the cold is just UGH!.

5. To elaborate on a previous point, if you work in retail, things get alot crazier depending on where you work. Now the up side is that alot of places love to give out pay bonuses, but to GET THERE you have to put up with alot of busy BS before you reach the nice paycheck summit >< Like for example: store having to keep up with the new overload in merchandise and where to put it. (and for two years now I have worked in places that were totally overstocked and it's hell).

6. Now this really is just my personal experience here, but I personally have not had a great Christmas since probably I was a little kid. Now this is probably true for alot of people because when your a kid you buy into Santa/presents etc alot more, but my past few Christmas years have not been jolly. I personally don't have a perfect little family to cuddle around and smile around. But I guess anyday can be Christmas and I don't JUST have to rely on this day.

Just my thoughts on the season here. I prefer the beautiful Spring time more. What you all think about Christmas?
    Last edited by Versus; 12-06-2011 at 09:09.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We don't have thanks giving and hardly anyone gives a rats about Halloween so from November onwards it's Christmas excitement time :P

PS4 has little to no competition.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    It's easy to forget what Christmas is really about.

For Christians like me, it's celebrating the birth of Christ and giving love and presents to everyone.

Even if you aren't a believer in Christ, there's still love and the presents. It really sounds like you don't get to spend a lot of time with your family and that's partly what christmas should be about.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I hated christmas before it was cool
    But seriously, the music, the "present hunting", the charityshows... it's just getting on my nerves.

I'm also not the biggest fan of jesus so... i just drink mulled wine and tell kids that santa isn't real

Indoril Nerevar
    I love Christmas because it's simply the best time of the year. The weather is amazing, people are more cheery, and I get presents!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    We don't have thanks giving and hardly anyone gives a rats about Halloween so from November onwards it's Christmas excitement time :P
    Yeah, Christmas is all we have! The other holidays are pretty much non-existent here.

I do really hate the music though Y__Y and working in Retail isn't so bad for me... yet :P

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Christmas was amazing as a kid. I never slept the day before Christmas cause I knew there was a huge ass pile of presents waiting for me the next day.

Learn to do signatures here

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same for me. It's a lot better as a kid. We almost never get snow right around Christmas either anymore.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

El Presidente
    Well I only get to see a lot of my 'family' around this time. I don't feel close to them honestly. They get here, eat, open presents then leave. I really don't see them during the summer or anything. I still manage to enjoy this time of year though. I only get into it when december comes. I enjoy thanksgiving for what it is then xmas.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Christmas was amazing as a kid. I never slept the day before Christmas cause I knew there was a huge ass pile of presents waiting for me the next day.
    The night before Christmas used to feel a year long as a kid xD now that I have most of the cool gadgets I can entertain myself more easily and watch the time fly or even sleep :P

PS4 has little to no competition.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I used to love xmas as a kid. Then I got older and realised that the "season to be merry" is really nothing more than an animalistic consumer feeding frenzy. It is often a time when domestic violence, depression, loneliness and other issues arise for people. It is stressful for many who spend well beyond their means under the pressure to give gifts.

As far as any kind of religious observance goes, it's as much a farse as easter. Just another ancient pagan festival with Christian words taped onto it to give the impression that it has something to do with Christianity (when really it has no foundation in the religion and is condemned by the God of the Bible). Jesus wasn't even born in December, but anyway...lol I get holiday from work so I guess that's something to celebrate. Otherwise just another day to me, like any other.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Elite Sage
    I like christmas when I just ignore the material stuff of it. The lights, holiday, meeting the family, seeing little kids opening their presents, good food etc.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Unbound Mercenary

Not like Christmas!?

Its my favorite holiday of the year. But I do agree, Thanksgiving is completely ignored, and should not be. Its also one of my favorites.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I have 5 kids. Can you guess how I feel about christmas?

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    The older I get, the more I loathe the holiday. It definitely lacks the excitement that it held when I was a small child. I like for my children to be happy, so I endure the holidays for them and them alone. If I did not have children I would have given Christmas the middle finger years ago. My kids are reasonable with their gift requests like I raised them to be....but my relatives kids...little monsters. Am I the only one that finds it blatantly rude to get requests for insanely expensive products from people outside of your household? Maybe I'm just old school....but kids are getting worse and worse, and more ungrateful by the minute.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Forum Sage

Your not alone. **** Christmas.

I think i started disliking it a few years ago, i just count down the days till it's over and then the days until New Years Eve. To me, NYE, is Xmas.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    wow! Some of you are just bitter. Being in the military, iv'e learned not to take things for granted. Try spending multiple Christmases (and other holidays) in another country away from family and you will definitely appreciate it more.

18. Likes Mael Duin wishes they had posted this first.
    ***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I know this may sound abit crazy to some, but as recent years have gone on, I'm not crazy about Christmas anymore for a few personal reasons. 1. I don't like how Thanksgiving is just completely looked over. My friend said it may be because it's at the tail end of November. But also pretty much at the beginning of November people are already looking over Thanksgiving and talking about Christmas.
    I stopped caring about the holiday season since High School. I don't even celebrate Thanksgiving nor Christmas on the designated days. I may do it a day later or whenever I have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus
    2. Black Friday. This day is just ridiculous. It's a day where store employees and shoppers make an ass of themselves.
    I love Black Fridays because of the deals but yeah, that's why I shop online instead.
    3. I'm fed up with Christmas music. I hate all the different remixed of the same songs every years. And malls and stores play it OVER AND OVER and it's really cheesy. And if you have to work in these places, it's even worse. Ugh!
    I love Christmas music.. Well some of it.
    4. I know a lot will disagree with me here and that's totally ok, but I personally don't like the nasty weather. I prefer more normal and balanced weather of Spring. Snow is pretty and all, but I don't like dealing with how much damage it can do to communities. And then frost gets on my car, and the cold is just UGH!.
    I'm completely opposite. I prefer the cold weather over the hot summer temperatures.
    6. Now this really is just my personal experience here, but I personally have not had a great Christmas since probably I was a little kid. Now this is probably true for alot of people because when your a kid you buy into Santa/presents etc alot more, but my past few Christmas years have not been jolly. I personally don't have a perfect little family to cuddle around and smile around. But I guess anyday can be Christmas and I don't JUST have to rely on this day.
    You don't have to and it's not wrong to not celebrate Christmas. Like I said above, I don't celebrate it either.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Christmas is more fun for kids.

Indoril Nerevar
    Christmas music definitely sucks ass, though. I hate hearing the same **** every year. The same goes for those damn reruns on television. I don't want to watch the Grinch be a douchebag for the fifteenth time.
    Last edited by Rapture; 12-06-2011 at 16:58.

Elite Member
    Christmas is awesome, the music(old school one not the hipster ****), the food, family. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    I hated christmas before it was cool
    But seriously, the music, the "present hunting", the charityshows... it's just getting on my nerves.

I'm also not the biggest fan of jesus so... i just drink mulled wine and tell kids that santa isn't real

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I got over Christmas a long time ago. To the point where I don't care about getting or giving gifts. It's really just another day to me at this point.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    The only thing I like about Christmas is Christmas money you get to buy videogames, blu-ray movies and ski passes lol. Oh and I love winter over summer.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I don't have much of a family or a lot of friends so Christmas just feels like any other day.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    As far as any kind of religious observance goes, it's as much a farse as easter. Just another ancient pagan festival with Christian words taped onto it to give the impression that it has something to do with Christianity (when really it has no foundation in the religion and is condemned by the God of the Bible). Jesus wasn't even born in December, but anyway...lol I get holiday from work so I guess that's something to celebrate. Otherwise just another day to me, like any other.
    Can you tell me the scriptures in which God condemns it? Also, can you give me your support that it has no foundation in christianity?

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Thread Information