Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Guru
    But the difficulty doesn't turn people off. DMC got popular because there is enough depth in the mechanics for various levels of mastery. DMC3 is arguably the hardest game in the trilogy and most fans would claim it to be the best. So obviously the difficulty is not the issue.

The problem is Capcom wanted to pander to the mass audience by assuming that the mass audience wouldn't appreciate the depth and would quit the learning process in the beginning. So they throw in Nero as a sort of "bicycle on training wheels" to let people do fancy stuff without actually getting better at the game. Nero became a flat tutorial character without depth to his mechanics. The sad thing is, as the videos show, they're turning Dante into Nero.

Superior Member

The gameplay seems to be shaping up nicely. Hopefully it will improve. I still HATE Dante's new look, but at least he doesn't quite look like Tameem anymore.
    Shinei!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post
    But the difficulty doesn't turn people off. DMC got popular because there is enough depth in the mechanics for various levels of mastery. DMC3 is arguably the hardest game in the trilogy and most fans would claim it to be the best. So obviously the difficulty is not the issue.

The problem is Capcom wanted to pander to the mass audience by assuming that the mass audience wouldn't appreciate the depth and would quit the learning process in the beginning. So they throw in Nero as a sort of "bicycle on training wheels" to let people do fancy stuff without actually getting better at the game. Nero became a flat tutorial character without depth to his mechanics. The sad thing is, as the videos show, they're turning Dante into Nero.
    Spot on. Not to mention the easy mode Devil Trigger and the enemy pull move, that seems to be there to compensate for the lack of evasive maneuvers. I'm certainly hoping there is more to the game than just slash slash, pull, guns and repeat.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Master Poster
    I like the artstyle, except the way that Dante looks. And from a gameplay perspective ...I hate the stupid one-weapon-for-all crutch that Ninja Theory always uses. Outside of that the game looks better than expected.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post

The difficulty was the issue. The series was popular amongst core gamers. But the casual want something simpler and easier. Capcom was right when they thought Nero would draw in the casual crowd. And I'm someone who can talk from experience.

But it truly sucks that they are turning Dante into Nero. I never expected anything from this game considering NT was developing it. We'll have to wait until DMC6 to get an actual Devil May Cry game.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-11-2011 at 03:47.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ad I have displayed many times, I hate the direction of this game so far...

But DAMN, the way that level Soma posted just tears apart is pretty spectacular. I have interest in this again and hope it can deliver

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Ad I have displayed many times, I hate the direction of this game so far...

But DAMN, the way that level Soma posted just tears apart is pretty spectacular. I have interest in this again and hope it can deliver
    fortunately its already been discussed that this is not the same universe as other DMC games which leaves the door open for directly correlated DMC5 for fans of the the games roots. This being a new take opens a new door for a new fan to enjoy something maybe they didnt like the first 4 times...

I love the way this new one is shaping up to be... its graphically very pleasing, and the art direction is something newer that i quite enjoy. I dont know, i love the look of bad-ass white hair Dante (young Dante from DMC3 is my favorite)

But i love the look of new Dante too.. different people, different style... but i love both.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    The difficulty was the issue. The series was popular amongst core gamers. But the casual want something simpler and easier. Capcom was right when they thought Nero would draw in the casual crowd. And I'm someone who can talk from experience.

But it truly sucks that they are turning Dante into Nero. I never expected anything from this game considering NT was developing it. We'll have to wait until DMC6 to get an actual Devil May Cry game.
    Actually I think every fan of DMC can talk from experience, and the experience is that Nero is a tutorial to Dante; therefore, turning Dante into Nero is a bad move. That's all I'm saying.

Thread Information