Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    ERC1980

New DmC trailer showcases combat gameplay..looks good

despite the negative press (some of it deserved), at least it looks like the combat aspect will deliver.

here's the new trailer

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1161490..._doubters.html

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    It's better than previous videos, but it's still clunky. That Devil Bringer clone move seems waaay to easy to abuse and combat as a whole seems waaay to easy. Enemies don't even make an attempt to attack, like at all. Still some framerate drops as well.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

ERC1980
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddes View Post
    It's better than previous videos, but it's still clunky. That Devil Bringer clone move seems waaay to easy to abuse and combat as a whole seems waaay to easy. Enemies don't even make an attempt to attack, like at all. Still some framerate drops as well.
    agreed

they have a long way to go still. there is plenty of time for improvement so it shouldn't be considered final

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC1980 View Post
    agreed

they have a long way to go still. there is plenty of time for improvement so it shouldn't be considered final
    True, but I honestly don't for a second think this game is only 30% done. I now they mentioned that evasive maneuvers aren't in the game, so I guess that pull move is to compensate for it, but it looks to make things far to easy.

Super Elite
    He's pulling enemies and attacking while floating in the same exact spot. I'm just gonna wait for DMC6 when Capcom decides to make a real DMC game
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Dedicated Member
    That actually looks pretty cool. I still want to check out Enslaved, Ninja Theory usually does a great job with characters and cinematics.

Also, is it just me or does the new Dante look less douchey in this video compared to the first videos we saw? Old Dante is still cooler though.

Elite Member
    This video must be old, because I swear I've seen it a while ago.

As for the combat - they could show different enemies and not the lowest level guys like they have in every video.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    check out the newest video showing some level design aspects (entire level destruction... deformation)
    this video is effing stunning... looks absolutely amazing. (theres no denying, even fanboys cant deny, it looks gorgeous)

<a href="http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/7403/" target="_blank">

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/7403/
    Last edited by SomaXD; 12-09-2011 at 07:21.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

9. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Yes, it looks pretty, too bad the much hyped "living city" is a scripted event with an annoying Trip clone guiding you around the levels.

even fanboys cant deny
    Please give the Fanboy card a rest. I like how opposing view point equals fanyboy.

11. Likes Cloudie likes this post
    Super Elite
    It all looks nice. But the gameplay is a lesser form of Nero's style with some Dante moves thrown into the mix. DMC4 offered Nero for the more causal players to get into but kept Dante for us core gamers and greatly improved Dante's moves and controls. I wish DMC5 would take after DMC4's approach on the gameplay. Everything is nice about these videos except the gameplay. I need peudo Dante gameplay or Bust!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    check out the newest video showing some level design aspects (entire level destruction... deformation)
    this video is effing stunning... looks absolutely amazing. (theres no denying, even fanboys cant deny, it looks gorgeous)

I think that looks awesome. Sure the new dante design choice is questionable, but there's no denying that Ninja Theory has talent.

As a side note, the girl's voice reminds me of Pandora from God of War 3. Woudn't be surprised if it was the same VA.

ERC1980

That defo looks like a step up from dmc4. Not at the same levl as GOW3, but for a mutiplat better than most of the 3rd party offerings so far.

It makes me wonder: Capcom has two games currently in development within the same genre.

DmC and Asuras Wrath

It'll be interesting to see which game turns out better. If you asked me this a few months back, i would have gone with the latter. Now though i'm leaning towards DmC.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddes View Post
    Yes, it looks pretty, too bad the much hyped "living city" is a scripted event with an annoying Trip clone guiding you around the levels.

Please give the Fanboy card a rest. I like how opposing view point equals fanyboy.
    obviously im not talking about people who are willing to "DISCUSS" opposing views.

And ill keep using that term as long as people keep acting like it. yes the people who are crying over the fact that dante looks "emo" and are willing to forego playing this game based simply on that fact or that they dont like the direction its going, without even playing it... are, indeed fanboys.

Opposing views are fine... as long as it doesnt involve whining and sniveling that its not "Their" Dante. Or wild speculation about how the game plays, without even trying it. I can use the term acting like a "child" if that seems more appropriate for the way people behave on these forums when dealing with a "precious" IP such as DMC.

I like how people are up in arms over something they havent even tried yet. These people are, BY DEFINITION, fanboys.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

16. Likes Acid Snake likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So far so good. I'm loving those animations.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So far so good. I'm loving those animations.
    the facial animation is really impressive... theres subtle movements that give emotion, im loving the look of it all over lol.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the facial animation is really impressive... theres subtle movements that give emotion, im loving the look of it all over lol.
    I'm not surprised. Ninja Theory are great devs. Very underrated IMO.

Super Elite
    SomaXD~

These so-called "fanboys" of DMC are just fans of DMC. If you were an actual fan of the Devil May Cry series, you'd be pissed too to see this disgrace of a DMC game just as I am.

Using the term "fanboy" is just plain trolling so stop.

Edit: And Dante does look emo. Hell, in the original debut, I actually thought Dante was a dike (a woman) for the first ten seconds.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-10-2011 at 02:45.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    SomaXD~

These so-called "fanboys" of DMC are just fans of DMC. If you were an actual fan of the Devil May Cry series, you'd be pissed too to see this disgrace of a DMC game just as I am.

Edit: And Dante does look emo. Hell, in the original debut, I thought Dante was a dike for the first ten seconds.
    What disgrace?
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    SomaXD~

Edit: And Dante does look emo. Hell, in the original debut, I actually thought Dante was a dike (a woman) for the first ten seconds.

Lol... Whos the troll?

Im absolutely a fan of DMC... But im also not going to cry over a game ive yet to play. This new DMC looks great for what it is... Entertainment. There a huge difference between being a fan... And being a whiney fanboy... And judging by this topic alone... Its easy to spot the TRUE fans and pick out the childish behavior of the fanboys.

A fan can sit down and discuss the game civilly.

A fanboy trashes one game trying to justify themselves and defend another game they are "fans" of. Its childish. If i say this game looks great, and someone bashes me for my personal taste in games and proceeds to tell me im not a true fan... What do you call this person?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Super Elite
    Enslaved had very fluid animations. Hopefully they smooth out the motions of Dante before release. He looks really stiff in all the videos.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

This video looks pretty awesome but dantie is such a poser now. Unless the entire game is made of things that blow me like this then i'll pass

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Enslaved had very fluid animations. Hopefully they smooth out the motions of Dante before release. He looks really stiff in all the videos.
    Yeah the jump/land animation looks really stiff... But the landscape looks stunning (even if it is scripted)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Veteran
    It's not like I have a thread about his already or anything. But at any rate, I will be honest, here: after watching SomaXD's video and remembering the one I posted (aka the OP video), I think this series looks more interesting than the old one.

The gameplay, at its core, seems more simplistic, though. I hope it doesn't stay that way.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-10-2011 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Forum Guru
    It all looks nice. But the gameplay is a lesser form of Nero's style with some Dante moves thrown into the mix. DMC4 offered Nero for the more causal players to get into but kept Dante for us core gamers and greatly improved Dante's moves and controls. I wish DMC5 would take after DMC4's approach on the gameplay. Everything is nice about these videos except the gameplay. I need peudo Dante gameplay or Bust!
    I agree. Although I would prefer if they just improved on DMC3 approach where both styles (Dante and Virgil) are equally hardcore (or non-casual and encourage mastery of some sort of skill), but just different. But if there's only one protagonist, and he's going to be Dante, then get Nero out of the equation and just perfect Dante.

I think it's a tremendous disrespect to assume that some players who consider themselves "casuals" are just lazy and too dumb to learn how to play the Dante mechanics.

Super Elite
    It's not that people are too lazy or too dumb. It's just that the difficulty turns people off and makes them think its just an outdated, broken battle system. DMC4 was my first Devil May Cry game. After I played as Nero in the demo, I had to get the game. When I finally got to using Dante halfway thru the game, I felt his movements were just intentionally restrictive for the sake of it and thus I preferred Nero as he was easier and very fun to play with. But after I saw gameplay videos by his1nightmare, etc, and I decided to give Dante a shot to learn. Only then did I realize that Dante was amazing to use and actually better equipped for combat. Now I feel "restricted" when I use Nero, lol.

It would be nice if Vergil returned, especially with style-switching. I got to buy DMC3 and he I downright badass to use! The shooting sowrds, Gilgamesh, and Yamato combined make him deadly stylish for executing combos.

Also, I have a 4.17 million score on DMC4 Bloody Palace with Dante

Also, a small video I made a while back. Nothing to special tho, but I did some things I liked. I need to get a rematch with Shadow Dante again so I can really show off.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-10-2011 at 08:05.

Thread Information