Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    Kizzie_18

Newbie who just got the YLOD :(

Hi everyone, newbie here, so go easy on me lol

Just got the YLOD on a 40GB fat PS3 a few days ago and it looks like its the end. Ive tried all the methods on youtube and gone through loads of guides on the internet but no luck of it coming back on.

So just wanted to know that since (silly me) never made a backup of any data on this model, if I get a slim model, would there be any chance of me getting my data back eg. game saves, online profiles? If I remove the hard drive and put it in a new slim model, will any of this data be available to to recover?

Since my fat model will not turn on at all, is there anyway to get the game saves back, trophies, online ID?

Thanks very much.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Only way to get game saves back is to repair it. You can sell it as broken on ebay and maybe get around 50, but if you want to backup your stuff for free, lookup the hairdryer trick on youtube.

Your trophies/online profile will be recoverable on a new PS3 so don't worry about those.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Master Guru
    That's unfortunate. The PS3 is very well built machine. It's always a shock to hear that one has passed away. Do yourself a favor and go pick up the PS3 slim.

PSN ID
    Kizzie_18
    Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information