Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    [QUOTE=DreDayDetox;5728299]
    gameplay comes first[/QUOTE]

Cause MGS1, 2, 3 and 4 had decent stories and good gameplay, but good stories come a long way. How do you explain Ocarina of Time getting best game ever made titles to them? Cause they a good $#@!ing story!!!

This game looks exactly like something you would see from Japan. Over the top and ridiculous. Hell, Raiden even has some cheesy line in the trailer "I am the lightning!" LOL WTF? That only works with bosses. I'm sorry but story comes first for me, then everything else is after that. This is why I always play the SP campaign in every game first, rather than jump to online. Story matters. Videogames are an entertainment medium, therefore, story now counts because we're not in $#@!ing 8-bits and coleco visions anymore.
    So true, I prefer a epic story over pretty visuals.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

2. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    gameplay comes first
    Cause MGS1, 2, 3 and 4 had decent stories and good gameplay, but good stories come a long way. How do you explain Ocarina of Time getting best game ever made titles to them? Cause they a good $#@!ing story!!!
    Ocarina of Time is loved because of it being first 3D Zelda, gameplay, puzzles and dungeons.
    I'm pretty sure story is one of the last things people think of when they think "best thing about OoT".

Also about the great story and cheesy lines...

Last edited by Mael Duin; 12-11-2011 at 20:15.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Finally You Are Free
    Gameplay should always come first; otherwise you may as well just direct a movie or write a book. Show me a single game that it can stand on just the story alone.

A quality title has great gameplay with a story that compliments it, like Half-Life 2.

5. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    This game looks exactly like something you would see from Japan. Over the top and ridiculous.
    Actually, this game is being developed with Western audiences in mind. And I find that funny considering a lot of people I've seen talking about this game on various sites do not like the direction it took after Platinum Games started working on it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-11-2011 at 20:31.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Apprentice
    Have to say, this game looks like $#@!... its not Metal Gear at all.... what a waste of thes name... they should have called it something else.. Kojima pliz give me a real MGS game
    Step Your Game Up!

Elite Sage
    Seems like game will run 60fps and 720p. Good good =)

9. Likes Cloudie likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolving_Shadow View Post
    Have to say, this game looks like $#@!... its not Metal Gear at all.... what a waste of thes name... they should have called it something else.. Kojima pliz give me a real MGS game

The same rumour that stated Platinum had taken control of this game also stated that MGS5 was on its way...to both consoles.
    I guess they have a good track record. So I would say MGS5 is coming, very soon.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The same rumour that stated Platinum had taken control of this game also stated that MGS5 was on its way...to both consoles.
    I guess they have a good track record. So I would say MGS5 is coming, very soon.
    if its on the 360 though as well im gonna skip it.

Thank you itachi

12. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Given what hes done with everythign since MGS4? You can almost gurantee it will be multiplatform.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Given what hes done with everythign since MGS4? You can almost gurantee it will be multiplatform.
    Yep i know :/ which is a shame as it wont be as good as if it was exclusive.

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    Exclusive doesn't make a game good or bad, all they guarantees is that the developer has less to worry about so they can focus more on what matters (but that really depends on the process the developer has for developing games -- because there is no reason a game can't be a quality title because it's multiplatform, if you care about quality, you'll make sure your product runs well on any platform it releases on.)

There are multiplatform games that are quality titles.

Having said that.....Rising looks pretty stupid to me. No, I am not contradicting myself. I just don't like how over the top it's going to be with the slashing etc.

Oh well. I won't like every game that comes out.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I think this sums up the difference between the two builds.

I really dont like the Cartoon/Over the top feel they are going for.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-11-2011 at 21:22.

Selected Members Council
    Yeah, I liked the build from E3 2010. It was much more clean and detailed.

Master Poster
    See. If this was anything else instead of a MGS game, it would be wonderful but because we all know the established universe that MGS is set in and the tone...this just doesn't seem to fit....I really see this as being the next Snake's Revenge and Kojima will eventually step in and set things right...I feel bad for him, because we all know he wants to work on something different but they always seem to pull him back in.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Soldier 95B
    Awesome MGS games looks awesome. Not sure I could play through it more than once though. I can only do so much hacking.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Gameplay should always come first; otherwise you may as well just direct a movie or write a book. Show me a single game that it can stand on just the story alone.

A quality title has great gameplay with a story that compliments it, like Half-Life 2.
    Gemini Rue.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Bad because it's not stealth, Is this character mega stealth, Yeah he's in the MGS Universe but from a different pov I'd say it should be expected. Besides looks like this may be one aspect/ gimmick they wanted to get across with motion controls so hey lets wait and see. Oh, and yeah looks over the top, in typical Platinum fashion imo.

Superior Member

I definitely prefer the "look" of the E3-2010 version better. The newer look isn't terrible, it's just less MGS than the previous build.

I do like the over the top action though. Cyborg Ninjas should be super badass and I'm okay with him tossing Metal Gears around. However, I do hope they don't forego the stealth aspects. He is a NINJA after all and stealth is core with them. He should have crazy stealth kills in the game.
    Shinei!

Soldier 95B
    I much prefer this art design compared to the E3 2010 trailer.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    so it's super japanese robot sword of death. looks $#@!ing stupid in all honesty

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

25. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Sage
    It's like people just forget how absurd/cheesy/funny MGS-series actually is.
    Especially when it comes to cyborg Raiden.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I'll buy it used.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    It's like people just forget how absurd/cheesy/funny MGS-series actually is.
    Especially when it comes to cyborg Raiden.
    Despite how ridiculous it got...the MGS series always took itself seriously since it wanted you to take the narrative seriously.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Selected Members Council
    The only thing that you can really criticize about the narrative in Metal Gear Solid games is the repetitive dialogue. Especially in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. That was also when Cyborg Raiden made his appearance in the canon, largely due to people complaining about the way he looked and acted in the second game.

Other than that, the series takes itself very seriously. Metal Gear Rising: Trying Too Hard To Sound Edgy With This Ridiculous Subtitle, on the other hand, doesn't look like it'll suffer from repetitive dialogue in their 20-minute cutscenes. This is mostly due to the fact that Platinum Games are developing it now so there's a much larger emphasis on action.

I still don't like the direction they're taking with the game. It's far too cheesy, in my opinion. Like others have said, it would be fine if it was its own game but unfortunately it is considered part of the Metal Gear Solid universe. It just takes place in the future.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-12-2011 at 20:41.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Despite how ridiculous it got...the MGS series always took itself seriously since it wanted you to take the narrative seriously.
    And so could this game too. People are quick to judge the game and make assumptions. Possible that plot could be done by Kojima Productions in order to be canon.

MGS4 tried to be serious but it still had ninjas stopping warship which had a freaking four gigantic faces, pants $#@!ting guy being commando with Meryl and talking about marrying while shooting robot balls with hands, catapult launch on the ship, weird ass ending etc. while in MGS3 there was a bee man who controlled bees, man who manipulates electricity and powers up big ass tank, man who could see and talk to dead spirits and take one into some hellish trip etc. and then in MGS2 we have a woman who SOMEHOW can reflect bullets, a vampire, "did you just say nerd", man living in other mans body through his old arm, naked white guy doing flips while covering his manhood with his hands, fat man on rollerblades etc. and finally MGS1 having roaring mecha, mind reader telekinesis guy... well I actually can't think of many from MGS1.

But anyway. MGS has always been freaking weird stuff and it's hard to take many of those seriously, but isn't that exactly what makes MGS games so great? So why is Rising exception?

31. Likes bigCman123 likes this post

Thread Information