Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They have the reps in the right places because walmart and target do sell a lot of consoles. I guess it depends on the customer. If kids are involved then it would be hard to persuade them when Kinect ads are all over the place.

Super Elite
    Kids rarely buy consoles as they can't afford them.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Kids rarely buy consoles as they can't afford them.
    No, but parents will most likely buy what their kids want the most.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah same.. lol, but I see this being quite good for those parents/people that really know nothing about what they're getting and what they want
    I'd agree with that, if it was some third party rep that knew there shit. Not a rep that had ties to a companies products, or an employee of the store.

I still recall when I bought my Xbox 360 at futureshop, the sales rep tried to get me to pay $70 for an extended warranty cause MS could choose to not honor the warranty if it died. I still doubt they could just decide to refuse me.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    Parents are probably not going to be the target with these things. Parents are just going to be in and out to buy their kid a game for the platform they already own. Parents are not going to be convinced to buy a $300 console with how families budget their money. Especially when all you get with the Playstation are a exclusives you never hear of before.

Forum Sage
    Parents are probably not going to be the target with these things. Parents are just going to be in and out to buy their kid a game for the platform they already own. Parents are not going to be convinced to buy a $300 console with how families budget their money. Especially when all you get with the Playstation are a exclusives you never hear of before.
    I don't disagree with that. I guess it all depends. Sony says it wants to target a younger audience so hopefully we will see some games that will target them. They have the core games and sales are good but MS always seems to beat them during the holidays. I can understand why they may be shifting their focus a bit.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...

gee, i wonder why sony is doing that. It couldn't be that they care about US sales....
    judging by US sales I think it's obvious america needs educating, can't leave it to the Xbox fans that are teenagers & 30+ers that live with their moms that actually work at those stores, they're basically official Xbox reps as it is, they say anything.
    but its good to see Sony putting the effort in.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    judging by US sales I think it's obvious america needs educating, can't leave it to the Xbox fans that are teenagers & 30+ers that live with their moms that actually work at those stores, they're basically official Xbox reps as it is, they say anything.
    Needs educating on what? I think most American gamers are well aware of the PS brand. Their numbers last gen prove that. Both consoles have great value. It all comes down to consumer choice.

Super Elite
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-12-2011 at 19:37.

PSU Technical Advisor
    If I find a Playstation rep, I'm going to ask an assload of Xbox questions
    My friends and I used to prank XBL support a ton. This one time we called up and my bud was like "Ok so how do I connect to PSN? I want to play online but I don't see how to do it.. Oh I see, this helpline isn't for Playstation? Well let's just pretend that my PS3 could connect to Xbox Live. How would I go about doing that? In fact, let's pretend that that my PS3 is an Xbox. So how would I get it online?"

Guy started laughing.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Needs educating on what? I think most American gamers are well aware of the PS brand. Their numbers last gen prove that. Both consoles have great value. It all comes down to consumer choice.
    Yeah but we have a new generation of gamers don't we, they know of Nintendo, Sega & PlayStation
    But have no idea, their first console was Xbox, and then they got a 360
    And they believe the PlayStation platform has no exclusives, not educate in the way that says this is better then that
    Just more education in their choices and options when it comes to facts, for example
    You would always buy a Braun shaver if u believed the Phillips one was dry shave only and wasn't chargeable and had a lead

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    this is a good idea but i hope it works
    Last edited by coolguy; 12-12-2011 at 23:59.

Forum Sage
    Yeah but we have a new generation of gamers don't we, they know of Nintendo, Sega & PlayStation
    And they believe the PlayStation platform has no exclusives, not educate in the way that says this is better then that
    Just more education in their choices and options when it comes to facts, for example
    You would always buy a Braun shaver if u believed the Phillips one was dry shave only and wasn't chargeable and had a lead
    One thing i do know is when you look at the 360 numbers, a lot of them used to be PS only owners last gen. More so than vice versa.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Where did you dig all that up from? lol

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I even applied for a job once to be a SONY electronics sales rep. That company is kicking themselves they didn't hire me. You got a 10% discount too.
    Epic fail on Sony's part then. What they need the most is people like you who are very passionate about the Playstation brand. I can promise you this, they will hire people who have no clue like most companies do.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Where did you dig all that up from? lol
    i think there is some truth to the idea that there is a new generation of gamers that started their gaming lives on an xbox...

the rest of it though? lol...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    They have a new Xbox store in Toronto. Time to go troll it.

Forum Elder
    This is great for Sony and the Playstation brand and yeah i agree that people need more educating on the PS3 because it's simply a better system value wise and deserves to sell more than the Xbox360 in my opinion. The kids in my town think Call of Duty is exclusive to 360 and that PS3 has no games like it was 2006... lots of them also have no idea that the PS3 is a very good media player, that Netflix doesn't require a special account or the free online and stuff like that.

Sony exclusives are incredible and should definitly sell more but Sony hasn't done shit on ads with their top guns and now they're waking up... well, better late than never.

Soldier 95B
    MS and Sony already do this on occasion here anyway. They also send in reps for product placement.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol Ummmm...After everything Sony have done? lol Awww, I'm sorry you felt hard done by. Your feelings about Sonys tyranny are purely subjective though. For me, Sony has provided an outstanding product and offer both service and post-purchase support. "Mam, don't take that console. It is made by a tyrannical company who have HELD FEATURES HOSTAGE!" "Oh my gawd, what do you mean features were taken hostage!?!?" "I mean Sony took the ability to install linux away!!! Can you believe it!?" "Oh, um, that doesn't bother me...look at all these amazing games...wow LBP2 looks cool, ohhh here's that Uncharted 3 game, oh wow PS3 is free to play online?...Wow look at all these 3D supported titles...Hey the Move is cool and the symbol is on all these hardcore looking games...Ok I'll take this PS3 and these 10 games, thanks!"
    Um. Yeeaaaaaaaah. You're gonna have to excuse me if I don't laugh. (psst. Lamest post from you yet.) You and your ilk are all the same. You don't give a shit what your favorite super duper corporation does to your rights as a consumer so long as you get the few idiotic scraps that passes for technology, games and accessories your favorite super duper corporation burps out in the name of better commercial opportunities and shareholder/investor appeasement

You know what? This post from you was so lame, it has re-earned you a seat on my coveted ignore list. Seriously. I thought you had a better answer than this. Truly though. A great and wondrous passage of gas it was, even if it only came off as whimper you'd expect of a lapdog.

21. Likes Minnzy wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Lebowski is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    ***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Um. Yeeaaaaaaaah. You're gonna have to excuse me if I don't laugh. (psst. Lamest post from you yet.) You and your ilk are all the same. You don't give a shit what your favorite super duper corporation does to your rights as a consumer so long as you get the few idiotic scraps that passes for technology, games and accessories your favorite super duper corporation burps out in the name of better commercial opportunities and shareholder/investor appeasement

You know what? This post from you was so lame, it has re-earned you a seat on my coveted ignore list. Seriously. I thought you had a better answer than this. Truly though. A great and wondrous passage of gas it was, even if it only came off as whimper you'd expect of a lapdog.
    You're one to talk. I expected a better response from you but instead you go and attack him. You're no better then him.

@Ghost-Rhayne, Don't get worked up over this. Let them do what they want and you keep playing the games Sony offers. There are some points I do agree however, Sony did implement the Online Passes recently and that's something that I strongly disagree with.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    You're one to talk. I expected a better response from you but instead you go and attack him. You're no better then him.

@Ghost-Rhayne, Don't get worked up over this. Let them do what they want and you keep playing the games Sony offers. There are some points I do agree however, Sony did implement the Online Passes recently and that's something that I strongly disagree with.
    Yes I am. I've made my point explicitly clear time and again. At this point, my stance on Sony is common knowledge. I'm not going to waste my intellect on anyone who can't answer my original post with a coherent and respectful tone.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post

Oh I am not worked up, I just think it's funny how people can hate on a company that has done way more right than it has wrong. Also, I agree that the Online Pass system is a bit of a farce, but it is just part of an evolving industry and was incorporated by other publishers before Sony.

Damn, so I have been placed on ignore, tis indeed a dark day on PSU.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Super Elite
    So what's wrong with Online Pass? Nothing wrong with paying a low, one-time only fee that's cheaper than the game's sales tax itself must to play on Sony's expensive servers. Not to mention said servers have very high operational and maintenance costs.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Get back on topic please.

If you want to discuss the Online Pass or Sony's supposed immorality, then discuss it in the appropriate thread.

27. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information