Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Video Interview: MG Rising and why the Haters are Wrong.

Great video by Kojima and Co. .. great that they are so honest to their loyal fans.

This video is for all the people who said Rising is Garbage... *smh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gV1BMUg4NsA

Last edited by Firefox; 12-14-2011 at 04:11.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    That gif does nothing for me and the video was tl;dw.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Sage
    Well if the video was too long that is your loss. All I can say is people are severely wrong in calling an action game garbage which isn't even completely done yet and they haven't solidy been exposed to the mechanics/bosses and plot.

It is Platinum Games after all, the video explains why Kojima chose them and what their vision of the game is, I for one am looking forward to seeing what comes out of it in terms of mechanics/plot mid-late 2012 when we will start to see more and more.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Well if the video was too long that is your loss. All I can say is people are severely wrong in calling an action game garbage which isn't even completely done yet and they haven't solidy been exposed to the mechanics/bosses and plot.

It is Platinum Games after all, the video explains why Kojima chose them and what their vision of the game is, I for one am looking forward to seeing what comes out of it in terms of mechanics/plot mid-late 2012 when we will start to see more and more.

I have no problem with Platinum doing the game. I enjoyed Vanquish and Bayonetta but I just think that the world of MGS and the over-the-top world of Platinum games just don't mix. The gameplay will probably be great but it just seems like a MGS themed Platinum game. Let's be honest this is not an MGS product. Much like that skating game that came out years ago...Ughh.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I have no problem with Platinum doing the game. I enjoyed Vanquish and Bayonetta but I just think that the world of MGS and the over-the-top world of Platinum games just don't mix. The gameplay will probably be great but it just seems like a MGS themed Platinum game. Let's be honest this is not an MGS product. Much like that skating game that came out years ago...Ughh.
    Kojima has said if people want stealth to play other future MG games. But this is Raiden who is all action.. so Platinum logically makes sense.

Besides Kojima Productions will still do the story so no worries about over the top plot, this is a collaboration in the end.
    Last edited by Firefox; 12-14-2011 at 04:49.

6. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm not gonna write this game off just yet..It may actually turn out pretty good... I liked what they did with Bayonetta. That game still has one of the best combo systems I've ever seen. I'm not expecting it to be the sleeper hit of next year but i do think it will be very polished.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Excellent video, really shows the realities of having a great idea ("cut anything") and what's needed to turn it into a working game.

I can see how some gamers who scour the internet for the latest tidbit on every big-name game (which I am guilty of, to an extent) might say "well, I want the game they showed back in 2010, even though no one can make that game". But the response to the trailer of less-obsessive gamers on Twitter, on Facebook and in my everyday life has been uniformly "OH MY GOD" or "HOLY $#@! HE JUST TURNED THAT GUY INTO SUSHI". Gamers with a less-jaded eye have had their minds blown by that trailer. I'm thrilled to see the better look this video gave me of the game and Platinum's approach to it. I can't say for certain it will be awesome, but it sure does look very capable of turning out awesome (even if it isn't a main MGS story).

9. Likes F34R , Mael Duin, Firefox likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Great video. I still want to know more about the story, but at least we know that Kojima Productions is in charge of what they do best. Unlike some people, I'm looking forward to MGRising, I have been wanting to play as a Cyborg ninja for a while now. Also, you guys know there's going to be another stealth based MGS game... I mean seriously, Kojima has practically confirmed it. Go play peace walker if you haven't...
    Last edited by bigCman123; 12-14-2011 at 05:05.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I think it'll turn out just fine. But you know how it goes, most people that started hating the game before they even played it will continue to do so no matter what. A certain game comes to mind in a situation that's the same as this one. Haters gonna hate.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Friendship is Carrots
    I would still greatly prefer what they were originally showing.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Guru
    the mechanics of MG has always been about contemplating your moves and calculating based on each context of where the enemies are, their awareness, and the level obstacles. Platinum games have always been about hyperbolic action build on top of flashy designs, like an arcade shooter thinking built into action titles.

I just don't see a Metal Gear game going the arcade route. The enemies and restrictions on level design simply doesn't lend itself well to the "no holds bar" attitude of a Platinum action title.

It's sad to hear people discredit critics as people just hating for no reason. If they didn't want people to respond to their vision, then they wouldn't have shown it.
    Last edited by rbrtchng; 12-14-2011 at 05:57.

14. Likes PS4freak , unicron7, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I would still greatly prefer what they were originally showing.
    Can you explain what you thought we were getting with the "original showing"? Because this is exactly what i thought we were getting when i saw the first few trailers.

Master Poster
    I will say this. I'm confident that the game will have a deep and fulfilling combat. Platinum Games are the best in the biz when it comes to that. I also think between MGR and Ninja Gaiden 3, MGR will be the better game...However, because it's a game set in the MGS universe it should be easy to understand why fans hate this....It seems to be just Metal Gear in name only...now if this was an independent- High pace Ninja game? Co-Developed by Kojima Productions and Platinum? That's like a fantasy come true. I'm still going to play this game but I'll always hold the fact that it doesn't fit with the rest of the games in my favourite series....Really this is just a rich man's Snake's Revenge at this point...

EDIT: It also seems that the team suffered greatly without the true leadership Hideo brings to the table....I really have no doubts that if he was directing this project from the get-go we would have something that resembled the E3 2010 trailer, then this...
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm still not digging it. Maybe it's the switch of engines.

If I don't like it, I don't like it. That don't mean that I'm hating - Common
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 12-14-2011 at 06:42.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

18. Likes unicron7 likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm still not digging it.

If I don't like it, I don't like it. That don't mean that I'm hating - Common
    This. I $#@!ing hate it when people think that an opinion that disagrees with theirs is hating. Most ignorant thing I see nowadays

Superior Member
    Since he can throw rays around like rag dolls do you think he will get the ability to split the whole world in half with one slice of his blade? because that would be ubber badass of him.

The irony of this situation is Kojima gave the young team a spin-off game to work on because he thought the pressure of having them make MGS5 were too great, when the reality is, they could have succeeded quite easily because of the familiarity in gameplay MGS5 would bring.

22. Likes LegendaryAim likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    It's a spin off. Konami and Plat. games are handling this much better than a certain company and a certain game. They aren't trying to shoehorn this into canon and then backpedaling when they get called on their $#@!, nor are they talking $#@! about the fans. Personally, I think it's in good hands.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

24. Likes Cloudie likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Can you explain what you thought we were getting with the "original showing"? Because this is exactly what i thought we were getting when i saw the first few trailers.
    How about the graphical polish, more serious theme, and cutting technology? You know, everything they originally shown? :T
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    This. I $#@!ing hate it when people think that an opinion that disagrees with theirs is hating. Most ignorant thing I see nowadays
    You completely miss the point I didn't say this game is the greatest game on earth and will be amazing but if you actually watch the video it shows exactly why people shouldn't decide whether they like it straight away ...people who totally hate it straight away without basic mechanics and plot being shown yet are haters face it. Raiden is all action so everyone knew, this was going to be an action game mostly.

I can't guarantee that I will like it but at least it will give it a chance and will be looking forward to seeing how the game progresses.

To the people saying they would have wanted the original more, watch the video to see the entire process that happened.

Elite Sage
    This game is spin off. This game is not canon. MGS5 is coming and it will be your usual MGS.
    This is not a same case as with DmC, which rebooted the whole series.
    Everytime I hear "this game is over the top" I keep wondering have these guys been playing MGS-games at all. Or at least MGS4, which has the most over the top action, for example one man stopping gigantic war ship. Funny as hell, this game isn't really that far away from it. I would say that it is on the same line.
    As for the older version, we really didn't see anything else except Raiden cutting things. Nothing else. Not even a plot as far as I remember.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    I don't like the look of this. I'm not a hater, that's my opinion.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    The irony of this situation is Kojima gave the young team a spin-off game to work on because he thought the pressure of having them make MGS5 were too great, when the reality is, they could have succeeded quite easily because of the familiarity in gameplay MGS5 would bring.
    YUP...Actually quite hilarious.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    I hated Bayonetta, one of the most boring hack´n´slash games ever with stupid story and stupid characters. And it looks like MG Rising will take the same route. To sad, i really hoped to see a good new Metal Gear Game. But Platinum Games ? No thanks.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    I don't like the look of this. I'm not a hater, that's my opinion.
    Fair enough if you don't like action games which this was from the start but if you do fancy action games like Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden, keep your eyes on this game.. I am looking forward to how the gameplay is and what Platinum will do. Like I said I can't guarantee that even I will like it but Kojima/Platinum seem to have the right idea with this one. Excited to see Plot/gameplay mechanics mid 2012-late 2012.

MGS5 is coming out if you don't like action games though.

Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    I hated Bayonetta, one of the most boring hack´n´slash games ever with stupid story and stupid characters. And it looks like MG Rising will take the same route. To sad, i really hoped to see a good new Metal Gear Game. But Platinum Games ? No thanks.

I must have replayed Bayonetta about 3 times on all difficulties.. since every single time you could play the game differently with different playstyles/weapons and strategy. The parrying system was amazing. the Alfheim challengs were amazing and general game was in the freedom it gives you. I am a huge fan of Kamiya's (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry etc...) and sad that he isn't directing this.

But even if Kamiya isn't involved the other talent at Platinum Games are just as Talented. (you've seen with games like Vanquish and Mad World)
    Last edited by Firefox; 12-14-2011 at 13:20.

Thread Information