Dedicated Member

uc3 looked bland to me in various spots (gfx)

i maybe late on this , but uc3 , even though the gfx were pretty good overall, i found it to be bland in various spots. uc2 was much more 'lively' throughout (gfx). ND said that uc2 was not possible on uc3's engine but entire game i kept wondering why, because i infact found it one step backward from uc2 in gfx. the story took weird twists but was ok.

reading the ign review, i already knew it was a given they would rate it a 10 because it was uncharted. that guy greg miller almost seems like a paid sony shill. masterpiece? no way this game was anywhere close to that. overall, rating it individually as a game, i couldn't help but feel this was a 8 - 8.5 game

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Welcome back rene...

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    thx aaron , hows sony been treating you of late lol

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Very well, plenty of good games to play.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I tend to agree...something was a bit off with U3. Now I'm thinking it might have been because the studio was split between it and The Last of Us.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    The texture shading in many spots looked off and even in some cutscenes. uc2 had it thoroughly well done. it was like they released this without doing the last minute tweaks to the gfx.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    They've admitted they shouldn't have announced the release date at the reveal.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    there are also more glitches in UC3 (falling through maps, annoying clippings etc)...i think the better half went to work on The Last Of Us since ND knew UC3 will sell regardless

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Well the two 'leads' behind UC2 are heads of the Last of Us as far as I know. They said they're never gonna give a game a release date a year before it's out in the future, so it may have taken a little bit of a toll on them. Who knows

10. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Superior Member
    I disagree. UC3 isn't perfect but no game is but it's still one of, if not the, best looking game ever to be released on consoles and adding a great story with a fun Multi-player I can't see this game being anything less than a 9.5.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I tend to agree...something was a bit off with U3. Now I'm thinking it might have been because the studio was split between it and The Last of Us.
    I don't think thats it at all. I think we have more of a Killzone 3 situation. In Killzone 3 everythings looked good right? But daymn that ice stage later in was a knock out. Same for Uncharted 3 all of it looked good right? But damn that Kala-Harri desert was amazing.

Compare the most blandest section of Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 and it's still a step above most third party titles on any console.
    PS3 is the gfx king this generation, no question.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Bland textures ? I didnīt find any in the SP. But in MP when you start a match u have bland textures for some seconds because the game still loads the gfx so maybe your copy of U3 is just broken ?! All in all U3 has one of the best highdef textures that i have ever seen in a console game.
    Last edited by bariton1; 12-15-2011 at 20:07.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I don't think thats it at all. I think we have more of a Killzone 3 situation. In Killzone 3 everythings looked good right? But daymn that ice stage later in was a knock out. Same for Uncharted 3 all of it looked good right? But damn that Kala-Harri desert was amazing.

Compare the most blandest section of Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 and it's still a step above most third party titles on any console.
    PS3 is the gfx king this generation, no question.
    I'm sorry, but your last statement is just wrong. One second, you'll be in this gorgeous building, great atmosphere, and then you look down at the floor, and think WTF. Sorry, this game isn't the be all/end all of graphics. It has it's short comings like a lot of games. I agree, in some parts, it's untouchable so far, in others, it's downright bland. From what I've seen in the game, the good parts outweigh the bad though. Killzone 3 was the same way.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I enjoyed U3. Like I said before, it was about what I expected. Some areas were gorgeous, others not as good.

Thread Information