Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 218
  1. #51
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    17
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    34
    Points
    1,642 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    I attack old members just as much as new members, no discrimination from me.

    Also... $#@! the Xbox!!
    You probably should have inserted a spoiler.

    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  2. #52
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,719
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    6,079 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    My take on this is pretty simple and has been said before.

    Our threads are hostile to the point where people don't want to jump in because we have too many members who are more worried about attacking each other and towing the company line than they are about engaging in active discussion.

    We are adding new features and forum stuff in order to make the site more attractive to potential new members. Sad thing is, established members usually reject these things, so visitors see this as disorder and probably don't want to stick it out. They don't realize we are growing as a site, and such going through some growing pains, but to them it just seems like things are broken and in a state of argument.

    I will keep an eye on this thread, as there is some good discussion here!
    Since that's the case, we need to encourage more posting AND encourage new members to join and get involved.

    Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

  3. #53
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    11,491
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    1,777 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it's the unfriendly nature of not being in a click when you join here. I've seen several new members try to break into the community and once they post an unpopular opinion, they are attacked, and subsequently leave. That is the main issue I think. The site has plenty of content and an abundance of discussion, so that isn't the problem.
    I tried my best.


  4. #54
    Elite Member
    hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    4,998 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerty2 View Post
    i work 5 days a week kids/wife sometimes you have so much going on you forget .the one thing i don't like is when you start your own question every time you respond it counts so when you look at responces you may go back and forth with one person and it will say you have 20 replies you will think you have 20 different responces from people but its only you and one other person. is there a way that you can be alerted by email or text when some one respond to your questions it keeps you involved, interested more traffic and faster responce to questions
    All I can say is that avatar of yours is pretty hott I'm gonna buy something like that for my lady today O.o...we all have lives to attend too I do most of my posts from my cell now but I do like that idea my cell is always on me and if I got a text when ever someone responded to my thread I would definately be more engaged.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

  5. #55
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    All I can say is that avatar of yours is pretty hott I'm gonna buy something like that for my lady today O.o...we all have lives to attend too I do most of my posts from my cell now but I do like that idea my cell is always on me and if I got a text when ever someone responded to my thread I would definately be more engaged.
    Create a new email address only for this site. Set up text notifications for it. Subscribe to your threads that you wanna be notified about and check the "email me" under the subscriptions settings.




  6. #56
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,226 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it's the unfriendly nature of not being in a click when you join here. I've seen several new members try to break into the community and once they post an unpopular opinion, they are attacked, and subsequently leave. That is the main issue I think. The site has plenty of content and an abundance of discussion, so that isn't the problem.
    Ive been here years and i still havent been accepted into any click! ;_;



    Thank you itachi

  7. #57
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,150 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Ive been here years and i still havent been accepted into any click! ;_;
    Sure you have


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  8. #58
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,226 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    Sure you have
    Woohoo i have a home! finnaly :3 hello fellow oddballs *hugs tut and elti*



    Thank you itachi

  9. #59
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,376
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    476 (5,610 Banked)
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    I attack old members just as much as new members, no discrimination from me.

    Also... $#@! the Xbox!!
    Yeah im in the same boat as T0PGUN,, i loved pissing off jaeger but he left now we just need someone in the sub section to replace him then i will be happy again.



  10. #60
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,226 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    Yeah im in the same boat as T0PGUN,, i loved pissing off jaeger but he left now we just need someone in the sub section to replace him then i will be happy again.
    It wont be, i rarely even use the sub section lol



    Thank you itachi

  11. #61
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,326
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    48,922 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I think the whole "cliques" thing is BS to be honest. This is an internet forum. The easiest and most stress free form of social interaction in the world. I was never in a clique and never had any friends on here, unless you want to count the staff now. Yet I had no problem with this place.


    Also, take a look at a forum like RealGM (the NBA forum I go on). They treat new members like $#@!. Even the mods do it. But it's crazy active and hell....it's part of the fun there. lol

    If I had to identify the largest issue, it would probably be the slow speed of this site (and constant downtime). PSU is slower than every other forum I visit. I'm sure many people just figure there's other options out there and leave.
    I agree with everything you mentioned mate. I have had very similar experiences here, I don't have anywhere on this forum where i stand firm, i just post everywhere and aren't super close with anyone but I enjoy my time here.


    A large problem [currently at least] is that the forums are not only slow, but I get a lot of error messages and server issues forum-side which are unfortunately occurring 80% of the time I personally go on the site. This is really a concern for me, because I'm a staff member, but that also means other Aussies may be trying to log on when they can of an evening, but not able to actually access the forum

  12. #62
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,415
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    21,947 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Maybe the PS3 fans need to stop posting with the impression that they can get away with anything simply because they're posting on a PlayStation-centric website. I don't know if you guys have noticed but other sections of the forums like the Nintendo and PC section are pretty much dead and it's a damn shame. You are only driving the rest of the community away when you try and convince others that this website belongs to a specific group of people.
    This is total BULL$#@!! I only found out about this site in 2005 because some of the more outrageous attacks and lies against the PS3 and Sony originated here. When I first signed up here, the place was swarming with 360 fanboys, monopolizing and demonizing the PS3 and Sony in practically every thread. I mean, seriously, Aquanox, rickwakefield, Carocat, were mods, for $#@!'s sake. For some reason, some people on here with the tired old "I have all 3 platforms so I have the right to $#@! all over the PS3 and Sony" think that justifies and masks their actual agenda. It is amazing how widespread this particular tactic is used.

    What is going on with these forums is the same that is happening with all the rest that were part of the $#@!storm against the PS3 and Sony that was going on a few years ago. Gamefaqs, Futuremark, Gametrailers, and several other sites with forums were being flooded with the origination of what are classics now: the PS3 would never make a 2006 launch, the PS3 would launch with a $899 price tag, the PS3 would have $100 game titles because of how expensive it was to develop for it, the PS3 launch titles were $#@!, the PS3 has no games, the PS3 is losing exclusives and developers, 360 games look better than the PS3, multi-plats look better on the 360, and so on and so on and so on. All of these AGENDA POSITIONS are looking more and more stupid as time goes on, and it is difficult to believe there were so many people pushing this propaganda of their own volition. Now, a lot of those people have dropped off and it could be argued the pendulum has swung on some sites like N4G where the common complaint now is that it is swarming with PS3 fanboys. Futuremark had a very active console forums for each console, the most active being the 360, with the usual $#@!ting on the PS3 and Sony perfectly acceptable but, ooohhh, don't say anything in the slightest that might be construed as negative for the 360 and MS. After several years of that, all the separate consoles were merged into just one Console Gaming and the traffic there is a lot slower.

    The real fact around here is that it is kind of pompous to claim this is the Playstation Universe but then allow almost unfettered $#@!ting and stomping on the PS3 and Sony by the people that are obviously 360 fanboys, all in the name of "I own all 3 consoles, therefore ...". And don't dare to even breathe a breath that could somehow be taken as not being a rabid supporter of the 360 and MS. It is also totally contradictory to claim this is the Playstation Universe but, oh, we are totally impartial and it is necessary to de-emphasize the PS3 in order to accomplish this.

    Here is an old post for a laugh. It is no secret there is a lot of intercourse with TeamXbox and this site. The funny thing about this thread is that it is from 2008 and the average number of active connections on PSU was over 1000. Now, it rarely goes above 500.

    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...amxbox-and-PSU
    Teamxbox and PSU
    Teamxbox lately havne't have much interesting news and the forums that i usually check hasn't had much topics lately worth reading. Anyway lately Teamxbox only have 120 members online while PSU always have a 1000 and the lowest was 768 member online. So my question is, Is PSU better than Teamxbox now, or what?
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  13. Likes Kauldron, ONQ, claud3, -Shafty- likes this post
  14. #63
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This isn't 2005 bro. None of what you just posted is even remotely relevant to todays climate on PSU.




  15. Likes MATRIX 2 likes this post
  16. #64
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    41,563 (0 Banked)
    Because they are not done!

  17. #65
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,133
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,879 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    Because they are not done!
    Care to elaborate? Not quite sure what you mean.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  18. #66
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    41,563 (0 Banked)
    I actually think this website was a lot better when people was able to speak their minds & put up good arguments without getting banned or warned for their opinions.

    yeah it got out of hand at times but it was more entertaining lol. if the newcomers see a good argument they will stay around to join in that argument to state their opinion on the matter. but if they see that they can't state their opinion in fear of getting banned they was just move on & might not ever comeback.

    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Care to elaborate? Not quite sure what you mean.

    noodles stick to the wall when they are done.
    Last edited by Steve; 12-18-2011 at 16:52.

  19. #67
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,133
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,879 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    I actually think this website was a lot better when people was able to speak their minds & put up good arguments without getting banned or warned for their opinions.

    yeah it got out of hand at times but it was more entertaining lol. if the newcomers see a good argument they will stay around to join in that argument to state their opinion on the matter. but if they see that they can't state their opinion in fear of getting banned they was just move on & might not ever comeback.
    See, I disagree. PSU has always advocated healthy debate and arguing. The problem is that a lot of times, these debates get thrown completely off-topic because users start targeting one another, calling each other idiots and the like. There's nothing wrong with some arguing, but it must pertain to the subject and there is absolutely no reason for it to get personal at any time. There's a difference between the healthy debate we encourage and the flaming that goes on in some threads.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  20. #68
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i am doing the same, i rarely be here and when i am. I post like crazy and then leave

    But now i just post the odd post here and there, its not i massive deal for me now to post on the damned when my mind thinks of something and i see info thats important.. to me posting all the time like i did before is not a big thing now. I post because i like to be in on the info that is currently around at the moment. But i feel you need to take a back sit now and then to compose yourself and understand why you are part of a forum and do you always need to post the smallest info to get a big reaction... Just understanding why you joined a forum. Helps you understand why you need not post all the time.. I have seen active members post and then leave for months on end and others posting up to 30 post and leaving for over a year.. I came here and posted like crazy, in my first week or so i had over 2,000 post or just under that count. But now i post about 3 to 10 post now and then because i feel its not important to post all the time... I get my high from reading the info and from getting in on the conversation, only the conversations and info that appeals to me. I feel like i am an active user on a small scale now and to me its a great feeling for me to pop in and out and then leave with a sense of achievement instant of man i posted alot of crap for no reason and made no sense half the time.. being a active member sometimes can get you into trouble and arguments that you never wanted to start.. Being an over active member sometimes can bring the worse out in members that feel passionate about the topic they are talking about and threads that they start and the feedback they give about the forum.... We have all done it, said something we knew would spark an argument or miss quoted a member and on trying to correct the miss quote some other member would jump in without learning the facts first... So a small scale active member can have a postive affect and also a big active member as well. Its just striking the right balance between both that makes a great community forum into a awsome community forum...
    Last edited by claud3; 12-18-2011 at 16:58.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  21. #69
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    41,563 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    See, I disagree. PSU has always advocated healthy debate and arguing. The problem is that a lot of times, these debates get thrown completely off-topic because users start targeting one another, calling each other idiots and the like. There's nothing wrong with some arguing, but it must pertain to the subject and there is absolutely no reason for it to get personal at any time. There's a difference between the healthy debate we encourage and the flaming that goes on in some threads.

    I agree that people resulting to name calling should always be dealt with, but there has been lots of times when people was in heated debates & the threads would get shut down or people would get warned or posts edited when there was no name calling involved.


    also I think we need to come up with something really entertaining that would keep people coming back week after week.

  22. #70
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,226 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    I agree that people resulting to name calling should always be dealt with, but there has been lots of times when people was in heated debates & the threads would get shut down or people would get warned or posts edited when there was no name calling involved.


    also I think we need to come up with something really entertaining that would keep people coming back week after week.
    I shall make a tv show for the forums! that would be entertaining lol :3

    or you could make me staff and see how long till i break the forum by accident.



    Thank you itachi

  23. #71
    Forum Elder
    NARCsnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    121 (1,588 Banked)
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    when i first started here it was hard there is a ton of assholes and it was a hard place to find a spot in but i liked the point systems and icons but the person that made me stayed not kissing ass

    F34R was the nicest person to me that answered my questions with no bad mouthing i think thats the biggest point here which is the constant bs ppl have to go through when they post a bad topic its like a pack of wolfs

  24. #72
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,648
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    when i first started here it was hard there is a ton of assholes and it was a hard place to find a spot in but i liked the point systems and icons but the person that made me stayed not kissing ass

    F34R was the nicest person to me that answered my questions with no bad mouthing i think thats the biggest point here which is the constant bs ppl have to go through when they post a bad topic its like a pack of wolfs
    That's a good point. I think we all need to relax; keep in mind that we were once newly-registered members ourselves. We all make mistakes. I also think that once Mr. Bishop fixes the downtime PSU and the forums experience every night within the next couple weeks then people will start coming back again.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  25. #73
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,112
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    6,417 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Is it safe to assume that 'most' people that do register on this forum are PS3 gamers? If so, then I'd have to say that the 'atmosphere' in quite a lot of the threads (especially as of late) arent very attractive for any newcomer (ps3 gamer?) to freely discuss in.
    Common sense?!? Hey, hey! Get that crap out of here!

    Since it seems the consensus is that the PS3 fans are the problem. Maybe the site should change its name to get rid of its identity crisis. If it is not named PSU then playstation fans won't flock here and be the problem. You can create your multiplat utopia.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  26. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
  27. #74
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,824
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,612,300 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Common sense?!? Hey, hey! Get that crap out of here!

    Since it seems the consensus is that the PS3 fans are the problem. Maybe the site should change its name to get rid of its identity crisis. If it is not named PSU then playstation fans won't flock here and be the problem. You can create your multiplat utopia.
    PS3 fans are the problem? I beg to differ. The site doesn't need to change it's name, people just need to remember that this is a Sony news site. Also, if the opinions of PS3 fans is a problem, then the kind of people who might take offense with them should perhaps frequent the subsection for their console of choice more than getting all up in arms in the PS3 sections....
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-18-2011 at 20:52.

  28. #75
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,150 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I think Kauldron was using a sarcastic tone


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.