Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Or it could be the 360 fans who... shouldn't really be here... The people joining are mostly likely PS3 fans, when they see all the negative posts about the PS3 its clear whats happening.
    the thing is....i cant think of a single member here who has a 360 and 360 only (maybe 1 but im not sure...)

The people you are referring to have both a 360 and a PS3. The problem lies where certain people cannot take the fact that these members might like the 360 a tiny bit more.

i would even go as far to say most members who are active on this forum are multi-console owners.

Having fans of the 360 isnt the problem, as there have been many over the past 5 and a half years since i joined, and the forum has been active within this period.
    Last edited by Pez_555; 12-19-2011 at 16:38.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    the thing is....i cant think of a single member here who has a 360 and 360 only (maybe 1 but im not sure...)

The people you are referring to have both a 360 and a PS3. The problem lies where certain people cannot take the fact that these members might like the 360 a tiny bit more.

i would even go as far to say most members who are active on this forum are multi-console owners.
    More than a tiny bit in most cases, and thats the problem. Doesn't help when the staff sides with them with their trolling a lot of the time too.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Sage

Or any criticisms to something that they, for some reason, hold very close to them

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    More than a tiny bit in most cases, and thats the problem. Doesn't help when the staff sides with them with their trolling a lot of the time too.
    who though? i havent seen any pro 360 fan post in this manner, without being dealt with....unless im missing something?!
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

6. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    And then we are back with Bligmerks post: Just because you own all three, doesn't mean you can $#@! allover one and it not be classed as trolling. Bottom line is, if you don't like PS3, or prefer an alternative console, then it makes no sense to join a PS centric site, there are other fan sites for other consoles.
    I don't all three. I just own a PS3 and I don't go $#@!ting all over the others. And if someone does, there are more civilized ways of dealing with them than telling them to $#@! off to some other site. The only thing you can do is to report them . After that, it's up to the people who run the site to deal with unpleasant members. Not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    This is something that people with only one console always seem to forget. People with 2,3,4 or 5 different platforms are always going to have an opinion different subjects and it's quite hard to not compare things when you are able to do so.

Maybe multiconsole owners, myself included, should just go to a different forum where they can express multiple views and just leave this site for the PS3 only information. It'd get alot more boring around here though.

OT: I don't think this is the reason why new members aren't staying around. I personally think it's because this generation has been loosing a bit of steam
    I meant to say pretty much the same thing. More platforms = wider range of opinions.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Because most newcomers are idiots, and I don't have the patience for them. Therefore I don't really make them feel welcome, and I don't plan to.

I view this forum as a clubhouse, not everyoine is allowed in.
    I know you might be joking around and everything, but let me promise this, anyone that is deliberately, insulting harassing or trying drive away new members, will very quickly find their asses out of the "clubhouse". Everyone is allowed here no matter if people think they are "idiots" or not, as long as they follow the rules they are as welcome as anyone else here.

9. Likes gangsta_795 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    its just a sad case when it comes down to childish arguments over the ps3 fans and 360 fans.. At the end of the day we can have an adult logical argument over info and for it not ending up in He said this and he said that, and name calling

This is when the communication fails and all logic is lost in a cloud of childish acts
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    who though? i havent seen any pro 360 fan post in this manner, without being dealt with....unless im missing something?!
    I think mynd is the only member here that doesn't have a ps3, that is active. You're not missing anything. The claims that are being made in here about 360 fans trolling and are the main problem are completely baseless. No one is more active than I am, post wise, and reading threads; if it were happening I'd know about it.

12. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    I know you might be joking around and everything, but let me promise this, anyone that is deliberately, insulting harassing or trying drive away new members, will very quickly find their asses out of the "clubhouse". Everyone is allowed here no matter if people think they are "idiots" or not, as long as they follow the rules they are as welcome as anyone else here.
    No I don't insult or harass...I just ignore them.
    Trophy-licious!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i am a 360 fan, but i also post in the ps3 section. I never cause any offence in their because i post in threads that are of games that are on both consoles.. But some times i post in the HOME THREAD and GT5 thread, because i like to get in on the conversation

it seems its the ones that are so passionate about the ps3 section, that they feel the 360 fans are hijacking it and turning into something they do not like or want. Just an opinion i have
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    No I don't insult or harass...I just ignore them.
    That is fine, ignore them if you want, but what I said still stands for everyone on this site.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    This 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I don't all three. I just own a PS3 and I don't go $#@!ting all over the others. And if someone does, there are more civilized ways of dealing with them than telling them to $#@! off to some other site. The only thing you can do is to report them . After that, it's up to the people who run the site to deal with unpleasant members. Not ours.
    And like Dave said, most of the time the mods side with them, so in most cases absolutely nothing gets done.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    The main reason I don't like newbies though is that these days the majority of them are spammers, idiots...or the worst (IMO) the people that sign up to join one of the site's competitions just to dissapear once it ends.
    Trophy-licious!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    This 100%.

And like Dave said, most of the time the mods side with them, so in most cases absolutely nothing gets done.
    Now that's something about which we can do absolutely nothing. Gotta live with it I guess...
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Superior Member

a point id like to make is if for example i need help on a certain thing i'd post a thread or post in one in the topic of the thread only for it to be completely ignored whilst their have been 90-100 views which i think is a big factor that drives people away if i'm not the only person this happens to.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    This 100%.

I dont agree with you on that, at least not from where I stand. I can't speak for all staff and what motives they have, but console has nothing to do with who I infract.
    One thing I can tell you is that from my time here on staff I have been called a Sony fanboy and a MS fanboy, its all prospective if you ask me. When a ps3 support gets an infraction, everyone says it because we side with the 360 fanboys, and the same is said when we infract a 360 supporter. This problem has nothing to with consoles, lets be honest here, this has to do with two groups of people that have no respect for each other, and are intolerant of anyone saying negative things about their console of choice. You guys do know that just because someone says something negative does not mean they are $#@!ing trolling, grow thinker skin, put people on your ignore lists and just move the $#@! along.

EDIT: this is not being directed at one person, so Aaron please don't think this is totally directed at you.

21. Likes Ixion , claud3, Cuguy , Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Actually Agriel, you are one of the few mods on this site that is truely unbiased.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrobbins View Post
    a point id like to make is if for example i need help on a certain thing i'd post a thread or post in one in the topic of the thread only for it to be completely ignored whilst their have been 90-100 views which i think is a big factor that drives people away if i'm not the only person this happens to.
    Actually that's just spambots viewing the thread mostly, I do sometimes take a look at threads where people need help and if I can will try to help them, but sometimes I haven't got a clue either.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

23. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrobbins View Post
    Happens a lot to me. Maybe it's because I'm in a completely different time zone and when I post everyone is away and when they do come back, they've moved along with their regular threads and the newer threads get sidelined.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I dont agree with you on that, at least not from where I stand. I can't speak for all staff and what motives they have, but console has nothing to do with who I infract.
    One thing I can tell you is that from my time here on staff I have been called a Sony fanboy and a MS fanboy, its all prospective if you ask me. When a ps3 support gets an infraction, everyone says it because we side with the 360 fanboys, and the same is said when we infract a 360 supporter. This problem has nothing to with consoles, lets be honest here, this has to do with two groups of people that have no respect for each other, and are intolerant of anyone saying negative things about their console of choice. You guys do know that just because someone says something negative does not mean they are $#@!ing trolling, grow thinker skin, put people on your ignore lists and just move the $#@! along.

EDIT: this is not being directed at one person, so Aaron please don't think this is totally directed at you.
    Very well said.

Ag and I have the same outlook on who deserves infractions. Honestly, he and I are literally on the same page with how things should be.
    LMAO

Elite Sage

This problem has nothing to with consoles, lets be honest here, this has to do with two groups of people that have no respect for each other, and are intolerant of anyone saying negative things about their console of choice. You guys do know that just because someone says something negative does not mean they are $#@!ing trolling, grow thinker skin, put people on your ignore lists and just move the $#@! along.

27. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Fits the situation perfectly. He really nailed it

Elite Sage

Exactly - I think that is the main point. Some people are just too sensitive when someone says something they don't agree with. We need to remember that not everyone is going to have the same view on games/systems. Forget it and just move on, no biggie.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. This forum has a small but very vocal group of insecure and fanatical PS3 fans that drive away alot of potential members who are looking for some good unbiased discussion. Until those people are dealt with I dont see the situation changing. People arent going to stick around a forum where theyre attacked just for having an opinion that certain intolerant people dont want to hear.
    lol wut
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

I visit these forums at least twice a day every day. I don't post very often because people don't like opinions. I didn't join to argue with someon about how I feel about exclusives or debate if xbox live is worth it. I joined to talk about what I like about gaming, but far to often the discussions change from what we like about a specific product to defending why we like it and acting like the opposing view is wrong. I get that people are passionate, but sometimes they get to passionate.

32. Likes Cuguy , Agriel likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_Tanglefoot View Post
    I visit these forums at least twice a day every day. I don't post very often because people don't like opinions. I didn't join to argue with someon about how I feel about exclusives or debate if xbox live is worth it. I joined to talk about what I like about gaming, but far to often the discussions change from what we like about a specific product to defending why we like it and acting like the opposing view is wrong. I get that people are passionate, but sometimes they get to passionate.
    Just the problem we're all working to fix.

Try hanging out with some of us cooler dudes here

Thread Information