Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_Tanglefoot View Post
    I visit these forums at least twice a day every day. I don't post very often because people don't like opinions. I didn't join to argue with someon about how I feel about exclusives or debate if xbox live is worth it. I joined to talk about what I like about gaming, but far to often the discussions change from what we like about a specific product to defending why we like it and acting like the opposing view is wrong. I get that people are passionate, but sometimes they get to passionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    But to be fair, what you call enthusiasm, a large amount call fanboyish behavior and is equally as much of a turn off as people who badmouth the PS3.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    we all acknowledge we have a role to play to make this a community family, that will make this awsome forum a welcome place to post and have great crack and get involved in what we are here for and that is a passion for gaming and that is all we seek and aim to enjoy while here..... The bashing is over the honesty is out and the opinions have been shared, lets show that this is a family forum and not another bully ground of we are better than you forum and name calling
    Last edited by claud3; 12-19-2011 at 17:10.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

3. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Just an example, but when the GT5 2.0 update thread was posted, a couple of users posted stuff along the lines of:

'Ah $#@! that I'm too busy playing Forza 4 now, GT5 had its chance nlah blah blah'

No one gives a $#@! what you're playing, why even go in the thread to post something like that which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion? (Of course, if you didn't like the update then saying something like 'nothing that really interests me here' or something is fine). One user in particular was disappointed with GT5 (back around when it launched) yet was constantly posting in pretty much every thread the fact that he was disappointed with the game, posting it once or twice, yeah its your opinion, but when you've posted it like 40 times in almost every thread it starts to get on peoples nerves hence they start to lash out, get warnings/infracted yet the other guy gets away with the baiting. If I was a guest reading that $#@! I'd be outta here like a shot.

That's just one of hundreds of examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Hundreds? I doubt it. You probably can't find more than a handful of posts like that from 360 users. On the other hand... I bet I can post dozens of unhandled reported posts that are like what you're talking about. Wanna make a bet? I'm game. Are you?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Just an example, but when the GT5 2.0 update thread was posted, a couple of users posted stuff along the lines of:

'Ah $#@! that I'm too busy playing Forza 4 now, GT5 had its chance nlah blah blah'

No one gives a $#@! what you're playing, why even go in the thread to post something like that which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion? (Of course, if you didn't like the update then saying something like 'nothing that really interests me here' or something is fine). One user in particular was disappointed with GT5 (back around when it launched) yet was constantly posting in pretty much every thread the fact that he was disappointed with the game, posting it once or twice, yeah its your opinion, but when you've posted it like 40 times in almost every thread it starts to get on peoples nerves hence they start to lash out, get warnings/infracted yet the other guy gets away with the baiting. If I was a guest reading that $#@! I'd be outta here like a shot.

^The kind of stuff that needs to be reported

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    we all acknowledge we have a role to play to make this a community family, that will make this awsome forum a welcome place to post and have great crack and get involved in what we are here for and that is a passion for gaming and that is all we seek and aim to enjoy while here..... The bashing is over the honest is out and the opinions have been shared, lets show that this is a family forum and not another bully ground of we are better than you forum and name calling
    Very well said
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

8. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Hundreds? I doubt it. You probably can't find more than a handful of posts like that from 360 users. On the other hand... I bet I can post dozens of unhandled reported posts that are like what you're talking about. Wanna make a bet? I'm game. Are you?
    So you're gonna find those posts for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    ^The kind of stuff that needs to be reported
    The kind of stuff that I do report and nothing gets done.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)

yes, and when the Alan Wake thread was posted we got nothing but PS3 trolls who were scared the game might actually be a graphical benchmark.

IT HAPPENS regardless of the thread. The problem arises when PS3 fans think there should some sort of entitlement that they can go into 360 forums and do this, but if it is done to them the people should be infracted. If you wanted, someone could go through and find a larger number of 360 threads that get the treatment you described than PS3 threads, guaranteed.

The problem isn't the fact that we have other than PS3 chat, it is the way our members treat each other that is the problem.
    LMAO

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    @gangsta_759 thanks mate,

this is a excellent thread in were we voice are opinions and be honest about how we really feel about this.. Its healthy and well thought through.. see this is what we need open honesty among the active members, this is when things change
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    yes, and when the Alan Wake thread was posted we got nothing but PS3 trolls who were scared the game might actually be a graphical benchmark.

IT HAPPENS regardless of the thread. The problem arises when PS3 fans think there should some sort of entitlement that they can go into 360 forums and do this, but if it is done to them the people should be infracted. If you wanted, someone could go through and find a larger number of 360 threads that get the treatment you described than PS3 threads, guaranteed.

The problem isn't the fact that we have other than PS3 chat, it is the way our members treat each other that is the problem.
    Other than Ubermadness who else was there? And yes those members should also be infracted.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Honestly F34R who gives a $#@! if it doesn't happen 100s of times, the point is what he is saying is true. That said, it's not just 360 people, or one side doing this sort of crap, it's both sides, and being negative just to be negative can be trolling, and should be dealt with by staff.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    @gangsta_759 thanks mate,

this is a excellent thread in were we voice are opinions and be honest about how we really feel about this.. Its healthy and well thought through.. see this is what we need open honesty among the active members, this is when things change
    6538681727_0985c8b600.jpg

[CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

15. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Other than Ubermadness who else was there? And yes those members should also be infracted.
    Darji, Fiddlesworth, Express, just to name a few more.

There were plenty. As there are on both sides.

Point is, we have equally "passionate" people on all aspects of this gaming console war stupidity that feel it is their duty to thrash threads.
    LMAO

17. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    And to my knowledge all of those trolls were banned (well they're not here anymore at least), yet the same 360 trolls are still here from years ago posting the same stuff. The only 360 troll to actually get a full ban (that took weeks, with him posting a new stupid thread every day nitpicking the PS3) was PROVIDENCE-RI.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    And to my knowledge all of those trolls were banned (well they're not here anymore at least), yet the same 360 trolls are still here from years ago posting the same stuff. The only 360 troll to actually get a full ban (that took weeks, with him posting a new stupid thread every day nitpicking the PS3) was PROVIDENCE-RI.
    That is likely due to the fact that full, outright bans are earned. Some of the people you see trolling may not have enough of a history to warrant full perma bans. Just a thought. I can't comment on a lot of this since I entrust my mod and admin to do their duties without babysitting, so most decisions they make are on them. I step in if the need arises.
    LMAO

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Honestly F34R who gives a $#@! if it doesn't happen 100s of times, the point is what he is saying is true. That said, it's not just 360 people, or one side doing this sort of crap, it's both sides, and being negative just to be negative can be trolling, and should be dealt with by staff.
    Let's see... I recall being told that staff can't be everywhere, or that some inconsistency is going to happen. So if a handful of trolling posts or posts that break the rules slips by, oh $#@!ing well; amiright?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    that is not even close to being true, I have personally perma banned a good handful of "360 fanboys" in my time.
    I will be perfectly honest with all of you, I think part of the problem also lays with the staff here, we have not always been as consistent about stuff over the years, and as a long time staff member I will be the first to admit that. What I can tell you is that we are doing our very best to remedy the situations that are being talked about in this thread. Unfortunately there is no "silver bullet" and handling trolls and problem members is sometimes a never ending task, I think if you were to look back at where we were a year ago and where we are right now, there is a big difference and things are progressing in the right direction.

One thing we will not do that some former admin and CM's did, is a mass ban of people. So if that is what some people are pushing for that will never happen. Under the new infraction system people will weed themselves out. What we need is people to report people and not reply to them. I can count how many times I have responded to a report, and it has gotten so far out of hand, because people were foolish enough to take the bait and respond to a troll. You guys are giving them power, you are giving these people everything they want, just by responding to them. You are giving them validation.
    If people want things to change they need to be proactive and not reactive, and that includes the staff.

Let's see... I recall being told that staff can't be everywhere, or that some inconsistency is going to happen. So if a handful of trolling posts or posts that break the rules slips by, oh $#@!ing well; amiright?
    no one is saying that F34R, so stop being a damn drama queen for once...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    trolls in some cases are hard to spot because they hide behind curtains of info they feel is worthy of attention and when that attention is given they stick out like a sore thumb by posting stuff that gets them that name troll, that is what i believe

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    that is not even close to being true, I have personally perma banned a good handful of "360 fanboys" in my time.
    I will be perfectly honest with all of you, I think part of the problem also lays with the staff here, we have not always been as consistent about stuff over the years, and as a long time staff member I will be the first to admit that. What I can tell you is that we are doing our very best to remedy the situations that are being talked about in this thread. Unfortunately there is no "silver bullet" and handling trolls and problem members is sometimes a never ending task, I think if you were to look back at where we were a year ago and where we are right now, there is a big difference and things are progressing in the right direction.

One thing we will not do that some former admin and CM's did, is a mass ban of people. So if that is what some people are pushing for that will never happen. Under the new infraction system people will weed themselves out. What we need is people to report people and not reply to them. I can count how many times I have responded to a report, and it has gotten so far out of hand, because people were foolish enough to take the bait and respond to a troll. You guys are giving them power, you are giving these people everything they want, just by responding to them. You are giving them validation.
    If people want things to change they need to be proactive and not reactive, and that includes the staff.

That's exactly what I was told by an admin lol. It's not drama queen bro. Look at all the drama in this thread and you have the balls to call me $#@! like that? Yeah, take some of your own meds bro. I've largely stayed away from the staff accusations here, even backing your staff up when accused of supporting 360 fanboys, and now you turn on me over something one of the staff actually said?

If you want others to follow the rules, you better know how to follow them yourself.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    To be fair, I DID tell him that. There is no way we can be everywhere, no way we will see every post.

It was in response to people whining they might have to use the report button instead of letting staff "happen" upon a troll post. If they don't use the report button, some posts will slip by, which I what I said.

I also said we can't force consistency unless we make all rules a zero tolerance, instant infraction system. Take out the human factor and make it black and white...
    LMAO

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    To be fair, I DID tell him that. There is no way we can be everywhere, no way we will see every post.

It was in response to people whining they might have to use the report button instead of letting staff "happen" upon a troll post. If they don't use the report button, some posts will slip by, which I what I said.

I also said we can't force consistency unless we make all rules a zero tolerance, instant infraction system. Take out the human factor and make it black and white...
    Thank you.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    jaffa cake anyone?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    That's exactly what I was told by an admin lol. It's not drama queen bro. Look at all the drama in this thread and you have the balls to call me $#@! like that? Yeah, take some of your own meds bro. I've largely stayed away from the staff accusations here, even backing your staff up when accused of supporting 360 fanboys, and now you turn on me over something one of the staff actually said?

If you want others to follow the rules, you better know how to follow them yourself.
    yeah but what the hell did that have to do with my post, why direct it at me. I would honestly disagree with that, I dont think any report should be over looked, and ever single one of them should be handled, but we cant see every post, so if people dont report something there is a chance it will be overlooked.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    yeah but what the hell did that have to do with my post, why direct it at me. I would honestly disagree with that, I dont think any report should be over looked, and ever single one of them should be handled, but we cant see every post, so if people dont report something there is a chance it will be overlooked.
    I don't think so either. What it means, and has to do with your post, is that sometimes things get overlooked because they aren't reported. So, seeing a handful of posts on the boards that didn't even get reported, or were reported and deemed not against the rules, is going to happen due to inconsistencies, and lack of proactive moderation. I don't think anyone is saying that there aren't any trolling comments out there from people with 360's, or people trolling the PS3 sections. The point is that what he's saying ISN'T TRUE, and that by sheer admittance of the missed posts, or inconsistent moderation, results in a handful of problematic posts that don't get dealt with.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    who can we blame for the problems we face on the forum, from trolls console fanboys and general ignorance. Its us we need to change. I for one call on all to always share your opinion and voice your concerns over trolls and others trying to bring down the tone of the forum... This is a forum that is growing and expanding into areas we all love, like the off-topic section and the new writers section plus the shout box. This were we improve ourself in the sense we in brace like we have over the a many a years we have been here. We accept that trolls and all out member bashing is wrong and will not be put on the back burner, it will be brought up and controlled by us the members, and the staff have a massive role in making this a place of trust and understanding that any wrong doing will be dealt with, with a heavy hand. the staff are at fault as well, i am not going to sugar coat that because they in some cases have made it worse be siding with a member and not be a neutral person.. if the staff deals with both on a level that fits the situation at hand, then all will leave the situation happy and with abit more of an understanding what they did wrong. So members and staff need to help out and not make a situation should it come up worse
    Last edited by claud3; 12-19-2011 at 17:58.

30. Likes Cuguy likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    to be fair, admin can't be everywhere, and users don't use the report button often. $#@! is going to happen. the best that can be done is to minimize the amount of $#@! that filters through. users have a responsibilty too. . to moderate themselves in this community.

32. Likes Agriel , claud3, Cuguy likes this post

Thread Information