Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which one do you think is better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple App Store

4 50.00%
  • Google Android Market

4 50.00%
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat

Apple App Store vs. Android Market

I have and iPod touch and a Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.1 (which I will soon update to 2.2) and I'm always stuck while deciding on which platform should I get an app which is available for both.

Any suggestions/experiences?
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I chose the Apple App Store, for several reasons. For one, I've found that more things are available on the Apple App Store. I had a myTouch 3G about a year ago, and while it was a good phone, I didn't use the Android Market too much, other than for some of the more basic apps (CNN, things like that).

Also, the Apple App Store gives you more possibilities for expansion. If you ever get a Mac, an iPad, or an iPhone, your purchases will be transferred over to those devices. For me, it's very important to have everything interconnected. But that's me.

If I were you, I'd consider which company I'm more likely to stay with the longest. Chances are you use your phone more than your iPod, so think about your phone for a second, and consider what phone you might purchase in the future. If you're planning on going Apple, then purchasing things in the iPod is likely the smartest move. If you intend on staying with Android, then it'll probably be beneficial for you to stick with that company.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Thanks Schaffin, I voted for you as the most helpful member of the year and you did just that

I think I might just stick with the Android market. That's partly because of this:

DSC00237.jpg

[CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Thanks Schaffin, looks like my vote for you as the most helpful member of the year has been rightly justified.

I think I might just stick with the Android market. That's partly because of this:

DSC00237.jpg

This is why people need to learn to purchase cases!

For my own personal interest, how is your Android phone? I'm stuck with this iPhone for quite awhile longer, but I'd like to start considering where to invest my money when the time comes to get a new phone. Chances are I'll stick with Apple, given I have nearly all Apple products, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping my mind open to other companies.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have sony xpheria play, and so far the andriod store is pretty good, having actual controls is nice for gaming too, the problem is the playstation suite/store has barely any games in it, and so expensive for old psone titles that only work on the phone that there a rip off really, though most of the time im playing minecraft on it, which is getting a survivor patch soon exclusive to xpheria play :3 *though probbaly time exclusive

Thank you itachi

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I hate the new Android Market. But I chose the Apple Store because there are just more quality apps to choose from. Android is literally littered with crap.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    This is why people need to learn to purchase cases!

For my own personal interest, how is your Android phone? I'm stuck with this iPhone for quite awhile longer, but I'd like to start considering where to invest my money when the time comes to get a new phone. Chances are I'll stick with Apple, given I have nearly all Apple products, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping my mind open to other companies.
    I have a Galaxy S. It's OK as far as the hardware and display are concerned but it has lagg issues. I'll see if it gets fixes with 2.2 and will surely let you know

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'd look at the company you're buying the app from and look at the history of support. If all is equal there, I'd go with the larger screen app.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'd look at the company you're buying the app from and look at the history of support. If all is equal there, I'd go with the larger screen app.
    Yeah but what I really wanted to know was which one is worth sticking to?

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Yeah but what I really wanted to know was which one is worth sticking to?
    I think it's also important to consider which you think will grow, and which you think will start to decline sooner. In my opinion, the App Store is bettering everyday with a plethora of new applications becoming available and more and more games finding their way to iOS, like Grand Theft Auto III. As for the Android Market, I really don't know how much it's changed in the past year since I've used it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I think it's also important to consider which you think will grow, and which you think will start to decline sooner. In my opinion, the App Store is bettering everyday with a plethora of new applications becoming available and more and more games finding their way to iOS, like Grand Theft Auto III. As for the Android Market, I really don't know how much it's changed in the past year since I've used it.
    Hmmm...food for thought.

12. Likes Steve likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I'm loving that Limbo is available on the Mac App Store now. Another sign that the Apple App Store is a good decision, given it seems more and more titles are making their way towards Apple. Just thought I'd mention it.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    The only down side to the apple store is that your stuck with over priced apple tech.
    The Android store might not be expanding in the same way but in hardware its making leaps and bounds and prices are only going to fall more while Apple stays over priced.

If your device breaks, like it did which store has more options then?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I voted for the app store, it has a cleaner design.

Thread Information