Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Directed to the MW3 Critic/User Hate

I really don't understand the criticism...

The single player campaign is by far the best first person shooter campaign I've ever played. It goes above and beyond the other titles in the series.

They actually added a lot of new features in the multiplayer as well...

I think the hate towards the game makes no sense, no trying to troll, just saying if you go to metacritic this game is a high 80 critic score and should be a high 90s. Just saying.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sometimes the dislike is justified. Those that do the "it's just mw2.5" and stupid bs like that haven't played the game and are just haters. Those that have played the game can find plenty to dislike about it.

Forum Sage

I personally was surprised when i got MW3. I wasn't expecting much yet i think they've done a very good job with it and it's an improvement over a few of the last games. Sure there are things about it i'm not too keen on but there isn't anything that breaks the game for me.

People are always going to try and shoot down something that's popular and doing well.

"Haters gonna' hate"

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sometimes the dislike is justified. Those that do the "it's just mw2.5" and stupid bs like that haven't played the game and are just haters. Those that have played the game can find plenty to dislike about it.
    Couldn't have been put in a better manner. For those who haven't played and still claim that it's trash, there just fanboys. Like when some people bought the domain modernwarfare3.com before <insert developer name here> and redirected all visitors to the Battlefield 3 site, it was just retarded and I wonder how that helped them
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav3nas View Post
    I think the hate towards the game makes no sense, no trying to troll, just saying if you go to metacritic this game is a high 80 critic score and should be a high 90s. Just saying.
    i agree that the game is good...very good even...i REALLY REALLY wanted to like Battlefield 3 more than MW3 in regards to its single player experience...but after a mission or two of MW3...i remember texting one of my gaming buddies "crap, two missions in and its already better than BF3!"

one thing i DO disagree with you however is about it being deserving of a "high 90's" score...there are plenty of games out there that are much better than MW3 that don't have scores in the high 90's

As for the "hate" i think it comes from a few areas...

1. People that are not very good at the multiplayer portion of the game, and can't get passed that in order to appreciate what it is.

2. People that are on a high horse and refuse to accept the single player campaign for what it is...an interactive action movie designed to be an over the top experience based on potentially realistic events.

3. People that just want to hate on anything that is successful

4. fanboys of other franchises

don't get me wrong...as F34R said there is plenty to dislike about this game...its VERY far from perfect...and i went into this experience WANTING to dislike the game...but a lot of the hate is misguided to say the least
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav3nas View Post
    I really don't understand the criticism...

The single player campaign is by far the best first person shooter campaign I've ever played. It goes above and beyond the other titles in the series.

They actually added a lot of new features in the multiplayer as well...

the single player is ok. although i hate how this game is 10 euros more expensive than every other game

however multiplayer has become a joke since MW2. i mean allowing people to have shields, helicopters that automatically pick out all enmy players and kills them, one hit kill throwing knives and a nuclear bomb that kills everyone??? where is the skill?
    to me it has become to cluttered and doesn't reward skill at all

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSight View Post
    the single player is ok. although i hate how this game is 10 euros more expensive than every other game

however multiplayer has become a joke since MW2. i mean allowing people to have shields, helicopters that automatically pick out all enmy players and kills them, one hit kill throwing knives and a nuclear bomb that kills everyone??? where is the skill?
    to me it has become to cluttered and doesn't reward skill at all
    umm...remind me the next time you try to earn those "skilless" killstreak rewards without using your skill...no matter what you want to try and convince yourself, or others of...you don't rip off some of those killstreaks without having serious skill...

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    umm...remind me the next time you try to earn those "skilless" killstreak rewards without using your skill...no matter what you want to try and convince yourself, or others of...you don't rip off some of those killstreaks without having serious skill...

Yeah man I can't agree with you more. CoD is a very easy game to get killed in, earning those killstreaks isn't always easy. Some just want a reason to hate it even when their reason is invalid.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    single player sucks, sure they make it all hollywood but they seriously haven't made a good single player since Call of Duty 3, and even the first one was so much better. it's short and i seriously look at them and think "wow, same $#@!" and the MP is so much worse than Black ops. the changes sucked. even my friend who is a hardcore CoD fan really dislikes it. put that with the fact there's a new one every year means that they are milking the $#@! out of the franchise, and it's looking oh-so-stagnant.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Sage

So i'm guessing you've played it enough to form your own opinion then? What exactly is it that you think MW3 fails in comparison to BO or MW2/MW3 for that matter?

I think they've made good changes to the multiplayer side. I like the way how guns now have their own ranks meaning it takes a while to level guns up to 31, the way they now have the strike packages make the classes have different effects, they've removed some of the more annoying perks (though last stand is still there) beefed up the gun sounds and added recoil, a little but it's still there the maps seem tighter and there are game modes (Team Defender and Kill Confirmed) that reduces the camping a $#@! load.

What exactly is it that you dislike about this game because from what you've wrote it seems like your just riding the CoD hate bandwaggon. I don't have a problem with you disliking the game but i'd like to see why you think it's much worse than Black Ops.

Also the game releasing once a year isn't a big problem at all. Sports games do it and people still buy them. As soon as CoD starts to show that it really is just a recycled game each year then it'll be a problem but as it stands at the moment i've got, according to Steam, 63 hours of gameplay out of the price I paid for the game. That is more gameplay than i've got out of most other games this year.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i rented the game for two weeks and the impression it left me with is it is just mw2.5. that isn't to say i didn't enjoy it, rather it just confirmed my decision not to buy it.

Elite Member
    Items AppleMetallicaCoD: World at War
    he MP maps broke it for me. there isnt one map that gets me excited to play like there was in every other COD. the maps might not be a big deal for you, but they are a huge deal to me.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SynYster505 View Post
    he MP maps broke it for me. there isnt one map that gets me excited to play like there was in every other COD. the maps might not be a big deal for you, but they are a huge deal to me.
    I can agree with you there, one of the weak points of this game is the map selection. There is no Vacant, afgan, overgrown, crash, Favela or District. Hopefully a mappack can fix that though

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I must admit before the release I was possibly 1 of the haters.
    Bought every COD this gen and I was getting tired of what seemed to becoming the same game / different skin each year.
    I completed BF3 before MW3 came out and did afew levels online.
    After the first few levels on MW3 all the hate seemed to disappear. It played smooth, was polished and looked decent. Yes some bits of BF3 single player wow'ed me, then other times it felt like I was playing an acient game that had been rushed.

I've just checked my MW3 stats and I've logged just over 20 hours on the single player. That included a Regular difficulty run through, collecting all intel and a Veteran run through. Spec op missions and survival modes are brilliant, especially with a buddy and then there is the online multiplayer experience. Ok, so there is afew maps I don't like and I am interested in what they are offering for the next map pack DLC but the forumla works and some of the new modes are brill. I am pissed they took the diving out from Black Ops but I can live with it. The additional perks, killstreak groups, unlockables etc all make for a great experience and since the latest patch I've not suffered no lag or WTF moments from glitchyness. Overall I'm more than happy with MW3 and can see it lasting a long time in my PS3 for months to come.

Superior Member
    im a pretty good player, certainly not one of the best, but besides the nuke, the rest were easy to get. and when you've a harrier up above doing your killing for you, and a bullet proof shield, noob tube and one hit kill throwing knives(WTF?) then its very easy to get those kill streaks with little skill

and don't accuse me of "convincing myself and others", i tried very hard to like the recent COD's, but i can't enjoy it. COD4 was probably my favourite online FPS, but they ruined the fun IMO

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy X
    im a pretty good player, certainly not one of the best, but besides the nuke, the rest were easy to get. and when you've a harrier up above doing your killing for you, and a bullet proof shield, noob tube and one hit kill throwing knives(WTF?) then its very easy to get those kill streaks with little skill

and don't accuse me of "convincing myself and others", i tried very hard to like the recent COD's, but i can't enjoy it. COD4 was probably my favourite online FPS, but they ruined the fun IMO
    You must be playing a different game than I am because the noob tubes are nowhere near as effective and broken like they were in MW2. It takes a good shot within 2 feet or so of someone to kill them in one shot now, not off a wall 10 feet away. Hell sometimes 2 grenades won't take someone out. The shield is definitely not the weapon of an unskilled player. It's going to take a very skilled person to get a decent streak with the shield. SEMTEX to the shield takes care of them quick. You must be confusing people who run around with akimbo machine pistols and use the shield 5% of the time with shield users. Knives may be OHKs but you still have to have the aim and timing to hit someone.

MW3 is not MW2, and it's obvious you haven't played enough, if at all, if you can't tell the difference.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    there is no Nuke or Harrier killstreak in MW3...you really should try playing a game before your spew hate...or at least make sure your made up reasons for hating the game are at least feasible before you put em out them for everyone to see...

the shields are pretty easy to defeat unless you allow them in close...and that is the point of them..the noob tube has been seriously nerfed since MW2...

im accusing you of a lot more at this point...

Superior Member
    "spewing hate" too funny. you ask why there is hate for this game. i tell you why. i know since this is in the COD section that it'll be filled with fans but these are my opinions.

MW2 was a terrible game IMO. the story was awful, more secret agent stuff that special forces and full of plot holes. multiplayer was a major step back for the reasons i've mentioned above and i'm not going to repeat. added to the fact that the price of this game is higher than others, i, like others, felt very cheated. black ops single player was terrible.
    because of this i rented MW3 as i did not want to be burned again. i'm glad i did. the single player was good enough, however far too short. i played multiplayer a few times and it seemed much the same. i just didn't enjoy it because i don't think it rewards skill or team play. when i say team play i mean real team play and not just safety in numbers. sure they took some of the overpowered and un-balanced stuff out, but a lot remained. and yes, C4 can blow up a shield, but having a shield in the first place is pretty stupid in my opinion. to make it more balanced how about making it weak against LMGs or even not allow players to move forward or back with the shield up. one hit kill throwing knives are also stupid, and very easy to use. especially coupled with a shield.

if you guys think its hard to use these weapons or to get these kill streaks then you must not be very good....

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I love MW3. Having said that I haven't touched SP this time either. I was lucky my brother played the campaign and unlocked some achievements for me.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    "spewing hate" too funny. you ask why there is hate for this game. i tell you why. i know since this is in the COD section that it'll be filled with fans but these are my opinions.
    yes, when you make up arguments to support your opinions...that would be considered "spewing hate" lol...

i played multiplayer a few times and it seemed much the same. i just didn't enjoy it because i don't think it rewards skill or team play. when i say team play i mean real team play and not just safety in numbers.
    you really need to elaborate on this...because ive seen some teams of guys use some great team play in MW3...

sure they took some of the overpowered and un-balanced stuff out, but a lot remained. and yes, C4 can blow up a shield, but having a shield in the first place is pretty stupid in my opinion. to make it more balanced how about making it weak against LMGs or even not allow players to move forward or back with the shield up. one hit kill throwing knives are also stupid, and very easy to use. especially coupled with a shield.
    gee tell these guys that their shield is "stupid"

and they do make the shield weak to many weapons...you are slow and very venerable to attacks from the side/rear...from a distance you are absolutely dead meat...etc..

if you guys think its hard to use these weapons or to get these kill streaks then you must not be very good....
    well...lucky for you the game has a theater feature...i want to see you achieve a Harrier and a Nuke using the throwing knives and a shield in MW3...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

MW2 was a terrible game IMO. the story was awful, more secret agent stuff that special forces and full of plot holes. multiplayer was a major step back for the reasons i've mentioned above and i'm not going to repeat. added to the fact that the price of this game is higher than others, i, like others, felt very cheated. black ops single player was terrible.
    because of this i rented MW3 as i did not want to be burned again. i'm glad i did. the single player was good enough, however far too short. i played multiplayer a few times and it seemed much the same. i just didn't enjoy it because i don't think it rewards skill or team play. when i say team play i mean real team play and not just safety in numbers. sure they took some of the overpowered and un-balanced stuff out, but a lot remained. and yes, C4 can blow up a shield, but having a shield in the first place is pretty stupid in my opinion. to make it more balanced how about making it weak against LMGs or even not allow players to move forward or back with the shield up. one hit kill throwing knives are also stupid, and very easy to use. especially coupled with a shield.

Unfortunately, I'm not very good. I still enjoy raging when I'm sucking hard at the game though. I can see how far I can push my blood pressure. lol

I use a shield on our swat team... trust me, I'd rather have it than not lol. Nice pics Met! I'll post a pic up with my shield tomorrow.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Unfortunately, I'm not very good. I still enjoy raging when I'm sucking hard at the game though. I can see how far I can push my blood pressure. lol
    we should get together and play sometime...do you generally play alone? or with a group of friends??...

the reason i ask is that my friends and almost always play TDM...and i consider myself to be a fairly average player...

but for the first couple weeks of having the game our schedules didn't match up and i was playing A LOT by myself...and struggling...but once we started playing together on a regular basis things got MUCH better for all of us...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'll play solo or with a team, etc. Doesn't matter to me.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    I use a shield on our swat team... trust me, I'd rather have it than not lol. Nice pics Met! I'll post a pic up with my shield tomorrow.
    nope! shields are stupid...and useless in real life...you can't move forwards or backwards if you have one...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    nope! shields are stupid...and useless in real life...you can't move forwards or backwards if you have one...
    Oh you..

Thread Information