Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Poster
    For god sake, some one has a slightly biased (but still there own opinion) review of the 3 next-gen consoles and you start calling him a fan-boy because the PS3 is not crowned all-conquering champion? Get a grip.

Fairly good review on the whole, a few misconceptions but sums up the three very well; PS3 and Xbox 360 very evenly matched and the Wii trailing in terms of features but gameplay is an un-known.

narutoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotracer View Post
    For god sake, some one has a slightly biased (but still there own opinion) review of the 3 next-gen consoles and you start calling him a fan-boy because the PS3 is not crowned all-conquering champion? Get a grip.

Fairly good review on the whole, a few misconceptions but sums up the three very well; PS3 and Xbox 360 very evenly matched and the Wii trailing in terms of features but gameplay is an un-known.
    A few? More like the whole thing. The part about linux and the dvd players among other things proves that reading what he typed was a waste of time.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboy View Post
    A few? More like the whole thing. The part about linux and the dvd players among other things proves that reading what he typed was a waste of time.
    What that he had the mis-conception of the Wii having DVD playback support out the box? You are basing a post (yes, not an article) on that fault and that of Linux....ok....

narutoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotracer View Post
    What that he had the mis-conception of the Wii having DVD playback support out the box? You are basing a post (yes, not an article) on that fault and that of Linux....ok....
    Am I supposed to praise it and talk about how he made some good points, when he didn't? The thread starter asked what we thought of this and I responded, pointed out a few misconceptions.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Sorry Coffeerox for delays... It's madness in here right now.

Here are the points/counterpoints I have a problem with on that list:

Swappable HDD.
    Right now it's swappable if you open up your 360's HDD shell and do a little work in order to do the swap. Yes, bigger HDD's will come available for the 360, at what price. Right now a 20gig HDD in Canada is 129$ at futureshop. The PS3 HDD is a pull out 2.5 SATA HDD, much easier to swap.
    conclusion: To me swappable means in/ou/in. To him it means wait for the other add-on to show up in a few months or void your warranty trying to replace the HDD in it's shell..... Fabricated

HDMI 1.3:
    He says an equivalent feature will be available
    Conclusion. VGA, DVI, HD-component are NOT HDMI 1.3... Lie

Linux OS out of the box:
    He is refering to development tools here when comparing features. Sony stated you could do homebrew with the OS included in the PS3 and share your creation online. With the free XNA equivalant, XNA express, you can't share. You will have to pay 99$ a year to ''share''. Is XNA a Linux OS?
    Conclusion: Lie

Backward compatibility:
    Well this is a tough one I must say. All systems are backward compatible but some BC capability is more crippled than others. First, the Wii is only straight BC with Gamecube (disk) the rest is downloadable. 360's BC rely on the HDD because it is software emulated, no premium, no BC. And even with the HDD, how many games are BC right now? Pretty much only the AAA titles. Sony, slide the PS1-PS2 disk in to play your games out of the box.
    Conclusion. Fabricated... sort of

Built-in blu-ray support:
    No need to even go there
    Conclusion: Lie

Standard DVD support.
    Yes the 360 does it without the add-on remote this time around. Wii, not so much
    Conclusion: Lie when it comes to Wii

There you go. The comparisons are made based on equivalent features OR add-on features. In the end, it's all made to look like all systems are fairly equal feature wise.... Not so much

Actually you do not have to open u the shell on the 360 to remove the harddrive. You just press a little button and pull it right off. You also need to add-on to do this and in no way viods your warranty. You have obviously never had your hands on a 360.

Master Guru
    Just a little something I noticed: the PS3 will be more available to change hard drives, as it uses a standard 2.5 hard drive that are fairly common in the market.
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

PS3RulesHeXbox360
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedscorpion View Post
    what the hell are you talking about. you dont download demos in the web browser genius you download them in the ps3 marketplace
    Listen Null Brain! Talking some of those same games you can only purchase with a Browser-less Xbox 360 in market place! While with a PS3 and Yellow Dog I can play a Flash Player! M$ must have your leash too tight loser!

PS3 = Freedom in Gaming, Modding, Browsing, Homebrew, BluRay Movies, Linux Computer Powerhouse and tons more! Xbox = Slavery to M$ rules, no Browsing the Web, No Free Flash games, No Free Demo Games (they charge for everything), and top it all off with a heat monster and 2 ton power brick! So you're comparing to the intelligence impaired design of a loser system that's sales are dropping through the floor as we speak! It was recently revealed that X360 Sales are behind even the original Xbox at launch! They have no hope of hitting the sales numbers they'd hoped for by the PS3 Launch!

How many 10 million! How close? Not even! Not even 9 million, not even 8 million sold to date! They may have many on the shelves, but they all just collecting dust!

So all you hired Xbot Fans shut it up, put your tail between your legs and haul your arses on out of here! Cuz the numbers don't lie just as the numbers on the PS2 after all is said and done have overwhelmed the odds and M$ Slop Talk!

Superior Member
    who cares about this worthless argument, go tell you mom, maybe she will listen

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by night52 View Post
    The buggati is obviously was more expensive and faster than the M5. Does that make the buggati the better car?
    This is off topic but as a self respecting car nut I cannot let this go. Your comparison is... wrong.. to put it nicely. The Bugatti has a quad turbo W16 engine that puts out well over 1000HP, does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, has a top speed of 252MPH, and can brake back to 0 from that speed in less than 10 seconds without losing control OR brake fade. Also, being a million dollar supercar, it handles as such. So while the Bimmer does handle well, there is no comparison to be made here.

So is it better than the Bimmer? In every way shape and form short of the price.

Sounds like certain other products I've been reading about.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Necronius View Post
    This is off topic but as a self respecting car nut I cannot let this go. Your comparison is... wrong.. to put it nicely. The Bugatti has a quad turbo W16 engine that puts out well over 1000HP, does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, has a top speed of 252MPH, and can brake back to 0 from that speed in less than 10 seconds without losing control OR brake fade. Also, being a million dollar supercar, it handles as such. So while the Bimmer does handle well, there is no comparison to be made here.

So is it better than the Bimmer? In every way shape and form short of the price.

Yeah but the Bugatti is 1 million dollars plus and the Bimmer is around 80,000. I wonder which one sells more.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Necronius View Post

Thanks for reading me some facts off road and track I was trying to implement value .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    FightingPhantom
    That was terrible. He compared built in features with add-ons and there was alot of false info. For one, Xbox dosen't have free online.

Apprentice

Now we know how 360 fanboys think. They absolutely love expensive and often extremely limited add ons with little or no actual functionality.

360 fanboy: Wow! a 400 dollar console that offers an add on HD-DVD drive that costs 200 dollars, not to mention an inferior format! What a bargain when I can get a console that costs the same sum which includes a better format, better features, and better hardware. Oh boy, I can't wait to get that wireless adapter for the 360.

Forum Elder

-"Swappable 20GB/60GB HDD
    The 360 has swapabile hard drives, wii does not, the PS3 might have the 60GB option as an edge but there's a distinct possiblity that the 360 will have larger sizes availble this holiday as well. again both of them offer this feature

PS3: 1 point
    360: 1 point
    Wii: 0 points"

I like this one a lot.. Espicially when they are saying 360 will offer more storage.. when PS3 already is compatable with any 2.5 HDD.. I mean I can get a 250 GB HDD and put it in the PS3.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
    It's funny how 360 fans make add-ons seems like its not a big deal after purchasing a $400 console.
    Yeah, and the funny part is even after they say the Xbox is equivalent in those areas, they still complain how expensive the PS3 price tag is forgetting that to get all those addons he listed, Xbox360 is much more pricey.

Thread Information