Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Things you've realized are bull$#@!.

So I was sitting here as some asshat in a car drove by blasting Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Now putting aside the thought of "Who the $#@! even does that?", I had an epiphany. Santa must be the most idiotic person in the entire world.

Think about it. Ever drive at night with your headlights off? Exactly, you have to be a moron to do that. Headlights for the most part aren't for seeing, but to be seen. However, they still aid in increasing visibility. I know I know, headlights suck in the fog, thats why we have foglights. But it makes you think, why the $#@! would Santa have Rudolph light up the head of his sleigh? He clearly has magical powers, immortality, and elves working for him. Wouldn't he have built the world's first prototype headlight/foglight? Its obviously much more efficient than using a glowing red nose to light your path. The light source of his choosing would project much farther and much wider than a nose. And it's not even a white nose or green, it's red. The human eye perceives green light far better than red, and white is the best mixture to light up the skies.

So that's that, what have you guys realized is bull$#@!?
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Forum Sage

Religion.

3. Likes Morganator, *goo, TreKKiker likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    Religion.
    Well done.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

Elite Member
    Who says Rudolf isn't the first prototype headlight? Notice the song never says he was born with the glowing red nose, just that he has one.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Who says Rudolf isn't the first prototype headlight? Notice the song never says he was born with the glowing red nose, just that he has one.
    It also doesn't say he wasn't born with it.

And the point is that it glows. It doesn't radiate light like a headlight.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Hasn't Rudolph been picked on long enough? ffs.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Hasn't Rudolph been picked on long enough? ffs.
    Not long enough apparently

Super Elite
    So we are making a big spectcial out of Christmas's fictitious character were designed without realism in mind?? Pfff!!
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    This thread
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    So we are making a big spectcial out of Christmas's fictitious character were designed without realism in mind?? Pfff!!
    I just call it how I see it man. We entrust the happiness of our kids every December 25th to a guy as stupid as this. Kind of gets me angry, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by ps3isawesome View Post
    This thread
    No u.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I think the chances of their being world peace is bull$#@!.

Mainly because it will never happen.

Forum Sage

Religion.
    This.

Tapatalking

PSU Technical Advisor
    Modern atheist movements.

15. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    I just call it how I see it man. We entrust the happiness of our kids every December 25th to a guy as stupid as this. Kind of gets me angry, y'know?
    My wife and I have already decided that our kids will know from the start that Santa isn't real. Probably won't do presents either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

sneakytiki
    Religion and lolbertarianism.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    I think the chances of their being world peace is bull$#@!.

Mainly because it will never happen.
    Definitely this. Watching people talk about it makes me cringe because the basis of this defies basic human psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    My wife and I have already decided that our kids will know from the start that Santa isn't real. Probably won't do presents either.
    Yikes. Seems a little harsh. I can understand not having him believe in Santa, but no presents? S/he's going to get a lot of $#@! in school from friends.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Yikes. Seems a little harsh. I can understand not having him believe in Santa, but no presents? S/he's going to get a lot of $#@! in school from friends.
    At the risk of sounding like a pretentious douche, we've decided that it would be in their/our best interest to give to/help those less fortunate than us. Weather that means buying presents for other kids or volunteering somewhere. We're going to keep the materialistic view of Christmas out of their heads.
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Apprentice
    persecution for personal beliefs/ forcing your beliefs on others. if you want to be christian, fine, but don't try to force it into schools. if you want to be disgusted by gays, whatever, but don't try to change there lives because you're "offended". freedom of expression/speech is a right, so anyone should be able to marry anything. except for children, thats bad, m'ckay.
    Last edited by daver72; 12-25-2011 at 01:10.

21. Likes smiggy likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daver72 View Post
    I pity you sir.
    Me? Lol, why?

Apprentice
    We're going to keep the materialistic view of Christmas out of their heads.
    thats all good, In theory, but the economy actually depends alot on materialism, especially around christmas.

Apprentice
    no no, not you, I meant to reply to the guy talking about how the atheism movement is bull$#@!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    At the risk of sounding like a pretentious douche, we've decided that it would be in their/our best interest to give to/help those less fortunate than us. Weather that means buying presents for other kids or volunteering somewhere. We're going to keep the materialistic view of Christmas out of their heads.
    this is actually something our family discussed. My kids get what they want, as long as the deserve it, throughout the entire year. Next year, and every year there after, they will get a couple of gifts on Christmas, but the main focus will be them giving to the less fortunate kids. They even suggested that they give some of the gifts under the tree now to a homeless shelter, this year.

I love that my kids aren't that materialistic, and we've raised them to not care about brands, status items, etc.

Elite Sage
    That's an admirable thing to do. It'll be a little difficult with a good part of the society around them following the tradition though.

persecution for personal beliefs/ forcing your beliefs on others. if you want to be christian, fine, but don't try to force it into schools. if you want to be disgusted by gays, whatever, but don't try to change there lives because you're "offended". freedom of expression/speech is a right, so anyone should be able to marry anything. except for children, thats bad, m'ckay.
    I like you.

Veteran
    thats all good, In theory, but the economy actually depends alot on materialism, especially around christmas.
    I won't loose any sleep over it. I'm sure there will still be plenty of people that will buy the crap out of everything.

FYI, if Vulgotha comes back in here, be prepared to be shocked by his response. He's not your stereotypical religious nut.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    this is actually something our family discussed. My kids get what they want, as long as the deserve it, throughout the entire year. Next year, and every year there after, they will get a couple of gifts on Christmas, but the main focus will be them giving to the less fortunate kids. They even suggested that they give some of the gifts under the tree now to a homeless shelter, this year.

I love that my kids aren't that materialistic, and we've raised them to not care about brands, status items, etc.
    I'm glad to hear it. Obviously we don't have kids yet, so its good to hear from someone that has at least tried the concept.

bam2403
    Religion.
    Seconded.

Thread Information