Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @morg

Well, I guess if this is on topic.

You make the most nebulous sweeping claims. Its interesting that youve somehow turned my remark on the failings of atheism as some kind of endorsement of religion.. which it isnt and I explained myself quite clearly.

All religion is part of theism, not all theists are religious.

Twice now youve failed to back up your claims with anything substantial. Ive already outlined the flaws with atheism, and the philosophical weakness that is at its core: proving a negative.

All youve done is stamp your foot and say religion sucks, which has no bearing on my argument, and therefore atheism is great.

This behavior youre exhibiting is only proving my point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 06-14-2014 at 20:52.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Women call for equality.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    It's a correct, unbiased and non-stereotypical moniker to use so it's not bull$#@!.
    Disgusting. Not all women who stand up for women's rights are feminists.

Woman: Women should get equal pay!
    Man: Feminist!

Not all men cheat just as not all women cheat. I think what you're really trying to classify as bull$#@! is hypocrites which I wholeheartedly agree with.
    Yes, that's actually what I'm saying. How can you be a man who brags about trophies and women private parts and then complain about women who are basically doing the same thing?

It is. It enshrines religion into the education system which ironically, enshrines it in politics.
    How? You mean a teacher saying a prayer adds it to the school's curriculum? Denying a person praying in schools is also denying them of their rights too.

It doesn't need it. In fact, just about every gun law on the books or in proposal needs to be repealed. You don't have the right to dictate the terms of my firearms ownership. I have a right to have whatever firearms I want and that includes everything the government itself possesses.
    I'm sorry, but that's crazy and it says "no" to authority. It's saying you want every firearm a soldier could wield, no matter how DANGEROUS it is.

I'm happy there's a good chance within 2-4 years there will be a massive gun law passed. It's coming, and the majority of the U.S. want it.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    @morg

Well, I guess if this is on topic.

You make the most nebulous sweeping claims. Its interesting that youve somehow turned my remark on the failings of atheism as some kind of endorsement of religion.. which it isnt and I explained myself quite clearly.
    So you don't endorse religion? You seem pretty adamant on pointing out the failings of atheism so I could really only come to two conclusions.

1. You're religious.
    2. You're playing devil's advocate.

All religion is part of theism, not all theists are religious.
    Not necessarily true imo. Buddhism is a religion built on a pantheon though it's not based on the concept of god/gods.

Twice now youve failed to back up your claims with anything substantial. Ive already outlined the flaws with atheism, and the philosophical weakness that is at its core: proving a negative.
    Atheism isn't about proving a negative though. Atheism is the rejection of religion built upon logic. Atheism doesn't have to prove a negative because it doesn't presuppose. Whomever told you that atheism presupposed a god doesn't exist is not a real atheist. Religions built upon the concept of deities/divines/spirits/entities do have to prove a positive though. The reason for this is because theists who assert the aforementioned presuppose the aforementioned exist.

All youve done is stamp your foot and say religion sucks, which has no bearing on my argument, and therefore atheism is great.
    I don't believe I have. I'm asking for proof that can't be repudiated. I'm also pointing out the inherent flaws with religion in general. Religion is the escape from logic and reality. There is ample proof for this assertion and it lies within the very literature most religions are codified and wholly or partially defined in.

This behavior youre exhibiting is only proving my point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    My behavior isn't proving any of your points. I am simply pointing out that after 10,000 years, theists who subscribe to the concept of deities/divines/spirits/entities have yet to produce the proof that the aforementioned even exist. I am also pointing out these same theists who subscribe to the aforementioned have throughout history, waged war in the name of their religions and their aforementioned.

Now, I do apologize for coming to the wrong conclusion earlier about you endorsing religion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

Yes. They really are. People need to stop seeing issues as group issues but issues of the individual. This is the same kind of divisiveness that gets us nowhere.

Yes, that's actually what I'm saying. How can you be a man who brags about trophies and women private parts and then complain about women who are basically doing the same thing?
    Only hypocrites will justify their worldview on this issue. Glad we clarified your stance nonetheless.

How? You mean a teacher saying a prayer adds it to the school's curriculum? Denying a person praying in schools is also denying them of their rights too.
    Your right to your religious beliefs is just that. It doesn't mean you get to force on others. Religion has no place in the education system aside from it's historical reference. Why should an atheist be subjected to school prayer and why should prayers be in the curriculum? Furthermore, when you subject people to a religion by codifying it into the curriculum or in everyday practice - especially since public school education is run by the federal government - you are in fact making laws establishing a religion and prohibiting the free exercise thereof. In doing so, you violate the 1st Amendment. Religion in school is best for the Sunday variety or the private institutions set up. You're free to attend either if you so wish.

I'm sorry, but that's crazy and it says "no" to authority. It's saying you want every firearm a soldier could wield, no matter how DANGEROUS it is.
    My stance on this issue comes from the need to check and balance the power the government has. It's not about saying "no" to authority. (Although, I don't recognize an officer's, soldier's or politician's authority over me.)

I'm happy there's a good chance within 2-4 years there will be a massive gun law passed. It's coming, and the majority of the U.S. want it.
    Well, guess this nation is about due for another revolution anyway. These laws have no power over those willing to fight against them and their beneficiaries.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 06-15-2014 at 03:52.

Veteran
    Yes. They really are. People need to stop seeing issues as group issues but issues of the individual. This is the same kind of divisiveness that gets us nowhere.
    Feminist = women who think they are superior to men. A woman who simply wants to be paid like the employee she is does not think she is superior to men, but an equal. I'm sorry, but she's not a feminist.

I guess Martin Luther King and the black civil rights fighters were "racist".

Only hypocrites will justify their worldview on this issue. Glad we clarified your stance nonetheless.
    Yeah, cheaters are cheaters and people who have sex with a lot of people have sex with a lot of people, woman or man. Cheating should not be excused, including if the man has lots of testosterone and claims he needed a freak on the side.

Your right to your religious beliefs is just that. It doesn't mean you get to force on others. Religion has no place in the education system aside from it's historical reference. Why should an atheist be subjected to school prayer and why should prayers be in the curriculum? Furthermore, when you subject people to a religion by codifying it into the curriculum or in everyday practice - especially since public school education is run by the federal government - you are in fact making laws establishing a religion and prohibiting the free exercise thereof. In doing so, you violate the 1st Amendment. Religion in school is best for the Sunday variety or the private institutions set up. You're free to attend either if you so wish.
    No one is forcing anything on atheists or other believers, but prohibiting prayer in school is forcing your belief on the ones praying. Religious parents beg to differ about religion and the education system. REAL religious freedom is allowing the students to do whatever they want. If there's a school prayer, allow the muslims, christians, and buddhists to do their thing and let the atheists leave. Negating it for ALL religions is not right and plays right into the atheists' hands. Heck, in that case, the big bang should not be in school curriculums because it can be used to argue a God or spirit did not create the universe.

My stance on this issue comes from the need to check and balance the power the government has. It's not about saying "no" to authority. (Although, I don't recognize an officer's, soldier's or politician's authority over me.)
    I don't remember the 2nd amendment saying civilians have the right to any dangerous weapon authorities have. We agree to disagree then.

Well, guess this nation is about due for another revolution anyway. These laws have no power over those willing to fight against them and their beneficiaries.
    If a massive gun law is passed and people break this law, they'll be arrested. The Klu Klux Klan can say the same thing when they drag a young black guy to death. If they get caught, they get arrested.

Veteran
    Heh... I live in Connecicut.... The Constitution State.... Hahaha more like The Constitution Breaking State....

Sold a few of my firearms because I refused to register them informing the state im in possession of firearms that ive had for years that magically now make me a felon..... O_o

Picking up a Ruger mini-14 next week, but that in No way is an suitable replacement the Sig 556 I gave up.
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-15-2014 at 22:10.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    gas bills are bull$#@!

8. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    gas bills are bull$#@!
    http://youtu.be/bHQRY17Tk8U?t=3m46s

Veteran
    Mandatory insurance of any kind is bs imho..

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

11. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Car insurance, we have the worst rates on the entire $#@!ing planet. I fantasize about terrorists blowing up car insurance HQ's.

AWWW $#@!, I DUN GOOFED NOW AND GOT PLACED ON THE NSA LIST

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Mandatory insurance of any kind is bs imho..

In light of car insurance, I disagree. In which case you're not only responsible for your own life. (Here we pay 4000 per year minimum (that's amounts to $400-800 depending on how taxes work)).
    Last edited by K2D; 06-16-2014 at 00:31.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Supreme Veteran
    Car insurance is a rip off in this country. When I first stated driving I paid 1200 for a year on a $#@!ty 12 year old Vauxhall Nova that I bought for 600.
    I was stuck with that one company because no other would give me credit due to me being 17 At the time I was only earning 1.67 per hour due to being an apprentice. I worked my arse off 12 hours per day and often seven days per week.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-16-2014 at 00:46.

Veteran
    My mother is 68. Paying for car insurance and home owners insurance since she could remember. Never had an accident n had to use either. Thats alotta free money for the insurance companies for doing not a damn thing. XD

Is insurance a good investment? Yes. Is mandatory insurance a load if bs? In my eyes yeah. Lol
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-16-2014 at 01:27.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Raisins they are not nature's candy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    My internets. Faster upload than download Bull$#@!

Forum Sage

Please tell me about these "dangerous" weapons.

Feminist = women who think they are superior to men. A woman who simply wants to be paid like the employee she is does not think she is superior to men, but an equal. I'm sorry, but she's not a feminist.

I guess Martin Luther King and the black civil rights fighters were "racist".

Yeah, cheaters are cheaters and people who have sex with a lot of people have sex with a lot of people, woman or man. Cheating should not be excused, including if the man has lots of testosterone and claims he needed a freak on the side.

No one is forcing anything on atheists or other believers, but prohibiting prayer in school is forcing your belief on the ones praying. Religious parents beg to differ about religion and the education system. REAL religious freedom is allowing the students to do whatever they want. If there's a school prayer, allow the muslims, christians, and buddhists to do their thing and let the atheists leave. Negating it for ALL religions is not right and plays right into the atheists' hands. Heck, in that case, the big bang should not be in school curriculums because it can be used to argue a God or spirit did not create the universe.

I don't remember the 2nd amendment saying civilians have the right to any dangerous weapon authorities have. We agree to disagree then.

If a massive gun law is passed and people break this law, they'll be arrested. The Klu Klux Klan can say the same thing when they drag a young black guy to death. If they get caught, they get arrested.
    Please tell me what the definitions of "arms" means and what exactly the point of he federalist papers is. (number 28, 29 and 46 in particular)

Also how those "lawbreakers" are being punished in Connecticut and New York?

Elite Sage
    Those stupid plastic forks you get in pasta pots. They are the most ridiculous thing ever

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    traffic lights that signal green to turn right but wait, really, no the oncoming traffic is still flowing. Was this thing designed to cause accidents?

While we're on the subject. assface and buttmunch on the Auckland council who pass remedial road extensions....traffic flowing freely? yes? put a roundabout there, that'll help the early morning commute. example: My parents small village (about a minutes walk across, this place is tiny) has three speed humps, one traffic light, one zebra crossing, and a large roundabout (which doubles as a monument of sorts). NOTE: the zebra crossing and traffic light are not in the same place....and yes, the traffic lights are for pedestrians crossing the road and not a junction.

Additionally, $#@!face and $#@!wad road designers here in NZ who can't design for $#@!! NZ roads look like the designers passed it off to their new born children. "here you go darling, show daddy the pretty colours. yes, who's a good girl! WHO'S a good girl, a-goochie goochie goo!"

Im not joking, on one of the busiest, and already congested, sections of motorway you have 100yrds separating the on ramp and off ramp:
    https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36.8.../data=!3m1!1e3
    EDIT:
    That section of road breaks off into three direction (past the off ramp). so some cars want to go from the left, all the way onto the far right lane as that is the lane turning off in their direction. and some cars want to go from the far right lane, to the middle left lane. and some cars....
    https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-36.8...2h-22VmUhQ!2e0
    To whomever designed this stretch of road, and all the other problem roads:
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 06-19-2014 at 15:59.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Please tell me about these "dangerous" weapons.
    I'll explain it the way my father explained it: weapons that are capable of firing X amount of bullets before the person has to reload. Weapons like an AK-47.

Why does a regular normal person need that kind of weapon?

Please tell me what the definitions of "arms" means and what exactly the point of he federalist papers is. (number 28, 29 and 46 in particular)

Also how those "lawbreakers" are being punished in Connecticut and New York?
    Arms means weapons and ammo.

I looked up some of those federalists papers and I see your point. You DO have a point.

I can answer the question about law breakers in New York easily. If you follow sports, you probably heard of "Plaxico Burress". That's how they're being punished in New York.

Here's something about New York: since the city became more strict about gun laws, the crime rate has DROPPED. I remember many reports and articles about it, but feel free to post a source that refutes that.

Veteran
    My city never finding the time & money to fix our facked up streets yet find the provisions to purchase brand new police cars every 2 years like clockwork. XD

Hell theres 1 area a few blocks from my place where they've been working on the road of an underpass for the past... 14 years.... And I'm not being sarcastic. 14 years they've been working the same 30 yards of road...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    Religion.
    accept to the BILLIONS that gain solace from it. You are in a minority on this one.

24. Likes Sylar likes this post
    reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    accept to the BILLIONS that gain solace from it. You are in a minority on this one.
    I agree, I'm not religious myself but for some people it's all they have and you can't take that away from them.

the England football team's defence is bull$#@!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    If it wasn't for religion and religious based wars we'd probably have figured out space travel by now where you and some special lady can have a planet of your own!!
    And how many of them were their? Communism and socialism in the last hundred years has killed more people then religion has in over 5000 years.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Because religion and the use of it has done such a "bang up" job of bringing understanding, peace and love. Come now. After 10,000 years of it and all we have to show for it is more war, misery, greed, corruption, literally, sore little boys' sphincters and more than six billion hypocrites.
    Yet secularism has killed more and enslaved more in a 100 years....History is a very important thing.

Veteran
    I'll explain it the way my father explained it: weapons that are capable of firing X amount of bullets before the person has to reload. Weapons like an AK-47.

Why does a regular normal person need that kind of weapon?
    The reason why a normal citizen has the rights to said weapon is because of the fact that our gov does. The 2A states that we have the right to bear arms and that right can NOT be infringed, yet it is infringed upon everywhere. This is in the constitution for if god forbid worst case scenario we the people have to fight against our very own tyranical gov, then we are capable of standing on equal footing against them. Unless you rather fight for your rights and your life with a single shot black powder rifle, 6 shot revolver or just plain unarmed as they kick down your door 5-6 man strong all with full automatic weapons pointed at you.

If you dont like/want weapons it is your choice not to own one. It is also mine and EVERYONES right in the US to own them if we so choose. I dont know about you, but I prefer to be able to defend the life of my family and myself if it is ever put into danger. Whether it be from tyranny or some delusional person who intends to do me and my family harm. Criminals do not obey the law. These anti gun laws don't deter criminal activity. It just restricts the law abiding citizen from doing whatever they can to protect themselves and their families. You can hide in a closet, call 911 and wait for the police to arrive after the smoke clears if that's what you'd prefer to do. Who do you call when that delusional person(s) is our very own gov tho?

Last edited by faaeng; 06-19-2014 at 22:51.

Thread Information