Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005

What is your most favorite game system

What is your most favorite game system and why? personally mine is the super Nintendo because its a classic system that had great games such as Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong.They are so great that people would pay hundreds for a brand new one.
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

2. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Probably the PlayStation 2. I had a PS1 and played a lot of games, but when I got the PS2 I got REALLY into gaming, the industy as well as heaps of awesome franchises like God of War, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Ratchet, etc.

I went from a casual sort of gamer kid who played a few times a week, to someone who was totally into gaming and wanted to know everything about it, the PS2 was that turning point for me.

4. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    PC because eventually it becomes possible to emulate all the consoles.

6. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Nintendo 64. It introduced me to gaming. It was my child-hood. Those were the "fun times" when people actually went to people's houses and played videogames. Now, everything is with a mic. Online killed mutliplayer.

8. Likes Ghost , claud3 likes this post
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Well, it depends what we're talking about. The Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, and original Nintendo were all my first exposures to gaming. This is when I got into casual gaming, but it wasn't something I would play a lot; just here and there and whenever I was bored with the other things I had to do. The Nintendo 64 would probably be my favorite console in terms of getting me interested in gaming.

In terms of actual enjoyability, though, I'd have to pick the PlayStation 2. The amount of excellent titles that released for this console is just extraordinary. The Jak titles, Ratchet & Clank titles, Sly Cooper titles, Spiderman games, and much much more gave me endless hours of enjoyment. All of the consoles I've owned, though, have given me hours upon hours of fun.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

10. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The system I had the most fun on was the N64. I was 16yrs old when it released and the new 3D worlds it brought were amazing. To this day I feel the N64 still has the best video game library of any console.

12. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    SNES for me. I used to cut school and rent games to play all day/week. lol

14. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    My hand and my alone time,

No really it was the SNES... loved every game i ever played on that console
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

17. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    You know, I was going to come in here and answer this question with the Sega Dreamcast, but in comparison the PlayStation 2 had a larger library of great games to play. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great video game console. It just didn't last as long as the competition.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

19. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    The Dreamcast was a fantastic console, I agree. NEVER FORGET!

Though I'd have to say the PS2 is my favourite game system, I played it a $#@!ton and have many 'gaming memories'. A games console is right judged by it's software, and the PS2 just had a mountainous range of games.. Unmatched. It's also home to possibly my favourite game of all time, MGS3

Mine was super reliable too, still have my launch with Tekken Tag lol, Amazing. Been toying with the idea of picking up a used slim recently too, just for the fact that it's so small and sexy looking

Elite Member

PC by far. It's the most versitile gaming system around, and can play virtually any PC game made. I can still play old DOS games from the early 1990s on my PC.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    SNES. Because it's awesome.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Original PlayStation - Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    PC by far. It's the most versitile gaming system around, and can play virtually any PC game made. I can still play old DOS games from the early 1990s on my PC.
    Ughhh, I hate when people try to include the pc in anything involving "game systems". PC does not fit in to this category because the PC is ever lasting with upgrades. If you are going to say pc then choose a year so you can at least limit its system specs as the game consoles are limited.

25. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Sega Dreamcast!!!!

27. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Forum Guru
    I still have a mint Dreamcast. I gave away several games a few years ago, but I kept quite a few of the more interesting titles. Heck, I should pull it out and connect it to the TV in the playroom (42" RP/CRT so it would look pretty good in SD).

Speaking of old systems, I've got a box in the attic with ~30 carts and an Atari 2600, should definitely pull that badboy out and fire it up!
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    SNES handsdown.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    impossible for me to answer. starting in '88 with the NES. loads of fun, then Genesis. that was good too. then Ps1 in 1995 that blew me away. N64 had the party games, Ps2 was probably the strongest IMO. Ps3 has the most games i ever bought for a system. but none of them really make me feel the way those older consoles did. BUT i might as well answer the question and say Playstation.
    Last edited by Funeralfog; 01-04-2012 at 06:53.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Guru
    although, the 1st playstation was probably my second favorite. i mean techically it could be my first favorite but I had a lot of fun with the TurboGrafx-16. Besides that, on playstation 1, that is when Tony Hawk pro skater was actually good, now with these new systems, they are really in a rut of sucking bigtime. seems to me, once these "next gen" systems came along, formulas in certain games changed which didn't need it, the developers got way to ahead of themselves. I mean, here are most games trading off gameplay stuffs for more graphics, that wasn't really the case back in the days of NES, SNES, sega Gen, playstation 1, dreamcast, etc etc. But once the the PS3 and Xbox360 came out, the developer world is honestly full to the brim of jackass dummies.

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite though, i mean they were all extremely good. SNES had awesome RPG's, sega genesis also had really good RPG's, both systems had pretty decent fighting games on them.

so far there are only a few current developers out there that are sticking with past ideas which I thank the gamer heavens. "Eat sleep N play" David J. is still keeping the Twisted Metal series to it's roots which I can't say for other developers out there that are changing everything that doesn't need it. I firmly believe Either both PS3 & Xbox360 will be completely forgotten or at least PS3 will. I really see no memories of the current systems that can be put up against previous systems. I just don't see it.

I mean, 20 years from now if someone asked me "what was your favorite console system back in the day, it certainly wouldn't be PS3 or Xbox360.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 01-04-2012 at 09:31.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Playstation 3. Move/Sharpshooter, 3D gaming, AWESOME exclusives and free online play. Sony continues to headshot my gaming needs like some crazy cyborg space ninja pirate sniper! It has all the games I loved from PS1 era (MGS, FFVII, Parasite Eve etc) and has HD remakes of the PS2 era games I loved (MGS series, Jak & Daxter, Sly Racoon, FFX, Zone of Enders). It has it all!

Master Guru
    SIMMERDONNAW!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    SNES handsdown.
    this. ^^^. the best console i've EVER owned. period. top games, parallax scrolling, mode 7, custom sony sound chip blah blah blah. it was a beast.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The computer system.Because games for PCs will always have the best graphics and a good framerate if you have a decent gaming computer.

36. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The computer system.Because games for PCs will always have the best graphics and a good framerate if you have a decent gaming computer.

You clearly did not read why I said the pc does not fit in to this thread.

Thread Information